Bobby: Bench Kalish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : You might be right.  My point is the guy is coming off a year and half of not playing and after 90 at bats in the minors they are starting him at boston. Put him back down in Pawtucket and keep him there until next year then we call can see what we have.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Snake, your referenced material supporting your opinion about Kalish is precisely the drivel supplied to the media and media consumers that creates the problem. I'm guessing that your material comes from a Mike Andrews Publication. He has access to the RS organization by being a former player and is supplied information about players to diseminate in his Newsletter. He is considered a friendly, meaning he won't edit what he's given..he'll just go with it.                         The RS put this stuff out for consumers of all things RS. Don't go by this stuff because it's all BS, feel good hype. "Reliable glove",Average arm and average accuracy,likely projects as a corner outfielder, popular with all the coaches. This is code for mediocre at best and a suckup gopher. Hey if I were in his shoes for what he's grabbing, about 450K, to play AAA baseball and a few sniffs at the SHOW, I'd milk it right to the end too.It's conceivable that this kid has spent more time on the DL throughout his professional career than he has actually played. He doesn't project at all to play injury free for a season anywhere in baseball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Anyone who thinks Trot Nixon and Ryan Kalish belong in the same sentence is smoking some serious dope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]                       Snake, your referenced material supporting your opinion about Kalish is precisely the drivel supplied to the media and media consumers that creates the problem. I'm guessing that your material comes from a Mike Andrews Publication. He has access to the RS organization by being a former player and is supplied information about players to diseminate in his Newsletter. He is considered a friendly, meaning he won't edit what he's given..he'll just go with it.                         The RS put this stuff out for consumers of all things RS. Don't go by this stuff because it's all BS, feel good hype. "Reliable glove",Average arm and average accuracy,likely projects as a corner outfielder, popular with all the coaches. This is code for mediocre at best and a suckup gopher. Hey if I were in his shoes for what he's grabbing, about 450K, to play AAA baseball and a few sniffs at the SHOW, I'd milk it right to the end too.It's conceivable that this kid has spent more time on the DL throughout his professional career than he has actually played. He doesn't project at all to play injury free for a season anywhere in baseball.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

Cool, well the thing to do would be to show me a scouting report from someone else that supports your position.

Thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks Trot Nixon and Ryan Kalish belong in the same sentence is smoking some serious dope.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Were you not watching games in 10?  Not being jerk I respect your viewpoint but did you see him play?  He had 4 homers and 10 steals in like 160 at bats and was running around in the field like a maniac.  He looked really good.

To be fair though I do smoke some serious dope so maybe you have a point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Snake, the guy's been on the DL for a year and a half. One thing I can tell you though is that the scouts I know don't scout players on the DL. He's been long forgotten as a prospect or player and anything he's done lately surely does not warrant attention from scouts. They know all there is to know about him from the last time he was healthy, or close to healthy ....summer 2010. You think other clubs are calling the RS about him in a deal? I can respect a guy that smokes serious dope, but while your observations of Kalish in 2010 are pretty good, I saw the same guy you saw and thought he had an anxiety disorder. You saw a maniac and I saw a kid with an anxiety disorder. You think anybody on the RS saw what we saw? Did anybody else see what we saw?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Kalish Should Have Been In A Trade Deal.......................................TWA...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : He will be for certain.  People are amazing.  Guy misses a year and a half, is 24 years old, gets called up because of injuries, doesn't perform well and everyone hates him. Wild.

These people are as dumb as dirt.  Reddck comes up, can't hit a lick, and I mean not at all.  I mean far, far worse than Kalish.  We traded him and the same people that wanted to get rid of him not curse the day we traded him.  Now Kalish has a couple of bad weeks, and the lesson that is barely 4 months old, is already lost on them.

The only reason why the RS are losing this year is because some of these fans don't deserve a winning team.  It is fate playing its role.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : These people are as dumb as dirt.  Reddck comes up, can't hit a lick, and I mean not at all.  I mean far, far worse than Kalish.  We traded him and the same people that wanted to get rid of him not curse the day we traded him.  Now Kalish has a couple of bad weeks, and the lesson that is barely 4 months old, is already lost on them. The only reason why the RS are losing this year is because some of these fans don't deserve a winning team.  It is fate playing its role.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Those same people spen two years trying to ride Papelbon out of town, then decided the team should have kept Papelbon because his departure indirectly lead to Reddick leaving.

Yes, they all loved Reddick last July and August when he posted a 2 month split of .239 / .290 / .406. I remember howeveryone kept saying "No, realy, he will hit again. We just need patience!!"

You owe a serious apology to dirt evrywhere...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Kalish is a stiff. Batting .203 at this point in the season.. He's not a major league player and isn't going to be. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Papelbon was not worth that long of a contract, and it looks like Ben got this one right. He's already lost velocity and barely gets over 95 anymore...

The mistake was to trade for Bailey and Sweeney instead of Gio Gonzalez. Bard should have been the closer.

Maybe they'd have taken Reddick, Iggy, Ranaudo, Anderson, and Coyle (Vitek or Nava?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : I know you watch a lot of Sox games but what makes you think he is a good fielder.  He is afraid of the wall and has dropped some easy balls this year.  He is a career .236 hitter in the majors with a .305 OBP.  He has 4 hrs in 242 AB.  He might hit in the minors but I have seen enough of him over two years to know he is not a starter on a good team.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Enough of him?

He has played in 78 games over a 3 year stretch, with all of 242 at-bats.  He has had injury problems for a year and a half, and was only playing in MLB this year because no one else was healthier. 

And what exactly does "he is not a starter on a good team" mean?  Will he drag down any team?  Didn't the WS Champion Cardinal have Ryan Theriot and Skip Schumacher in their starting lineupsat some point last year?  Someday, look at the starting lineup for the 2010 WSC Giants.  Freddy Sanchez, Juan Uribe, Edgar Renteria, Aubrey Huff, Nate Schierholtz, Pat Burrell. Oh yeah All Star team there

Did you know Yastrzemski had a .246 / .292 / .375 batting line after 245 plate appearnces, and he had the added bonus of having them all in one season with no injuries and massive time off.  Clearly, he could never play on a good team, either. 

Yes, Yaz was younger, but really, only at the start of Kalish's career. Yaz turned 22 four months after his debut. Kalish turned 22 four months before his.  Is 8 months really a huge age chasm?  You think maybe you are being a bit premature? Or maybe not so much a scout as an impatient fan?

Or is the line between future HOF and "cannot start on a good team" lie somewhere between a .637OPS and a .667OPS?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]NO, NO, NO....CIRIACO AT SS!!!!!! KALISH DFA, END OF STORY.

why would you DFA a kid who still has options and is making the league minimun?

who else do you have to be the 4th OF right now?

what difference does it make to play him?  If we were going for a WC slot I'd play Ross over him but Ross is most likely gone next year and we will need a new RF'er.  May as well see what Kalish can be.  See where he is at the end of Sept.  Otherwise, who is your RF next year?  Who is your 4th OF?  Emergency OF?  What if CC is out next season? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Designated For Assigment. read my lips. DFA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Designated For Assigment. read my lips. DFA.

dude, you realize that means he is removed from the team's 40 man roster and is usually employed in an effort to RELEASE the player, right?

so........again, why release a prospect you have control over? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

anyways, after you research the definition of DFA I think you'll find that Pods will be here in Kalish will be OPTIONED DOWN to AAA.  Which is a good move if were in the race but since we aren't it seems like an empty jesture to the fans that they are trying to win.........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to "Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish": [QUOTE]anyways, after you research the definition of DFA I think you'll find that Pods will be here in Kalish will be OPTIONED DOWN to AAA.  Which is a good move if were in the race but since we aren't it seems like an empty jesture to the fans that they are trying to win......... Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] I agree Mitch. Let the kid play now this team is going no where. This move makes zero sense. Play the kids we are nnot winning this year, just ask Beckett and Lester why they will tell you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Joebreidy.........On your assessment of Reddick, did you get into Snake's Stash before you wrote it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]                         Joebreidy.........On your assessment of Reddick, did you get into Snake's Stash before you wrote it?
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

Any luck finding a negative scouting report on him?

I cant find one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Kalish wasnt even supposed to sniff MLB this year...All the OF'ers got injured and he HAD to come up but was clearly not ready as we all should have known due to being off for 18mos. Hes been sent back down and Pods will take his place...Kalish will play the remainder of the year in Pawtucket and get back on a regular off season schedule...We will see how he does after the proper amount of time to recover and to get back into baseball shape again...I imagine your timing would be way off in the field and at the plate after 18mos off, dont you? I do...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : Any luck finding a negative scouting report on him? I cant find one.

He's not taking about scouting reports.  R-read what he said.

Mybe you weren't posting ere last August, but Reddick went thru a 2 month stretch with a sub-.300 OBP and sub-.700 OPS.  All the posts on hi were negative, how he wasn't ready, he was never to going to be very good , he had to go, etc.  

No one admits they made them now, of course.  Everyone wanted Reddick all along.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : Were you not watching games in 10?  Not being jerk I respect your viewpoint but did you see him play?  He had 4 homers and 10 steals in like 160 at bats and was running around in the field like a maniac.  He looked really good. To be fair though I do smoke some serious dope so maybe you have a point.
     +1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : He's not taking about scouting reports.  R-read what he said. Mybe you weren't posting ere last August, but Reddick went thru a 2 month stretch with a sub-.300 OBP and sub-.700 OPS.  All the posts on hi were negative, how he wasn't ready, he was never to going to be very good , he had to go, etc.   No one admits they made them now, of course.  Everyone wanted Reddick all along.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    What is more -- though you imply this -- the same people said that his hot stretch before he slumped was a fluke. The "real" Reddick was the one who slumped, then and forever more. 
    He's still young. Time will reveal the real Reddick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : What is more -- though you imply this -- the same people said that his hot stretch before he slumped was a fluke. The "real" Reddick was the one who slumped, then and forever more.  He's still young. Time will reveal the real Reddick.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

The "Real Reddick" is probably neither the 670 July/August, nor the .950 May/June.

He'l probably gind himself omewhere in the middle, hovering around .780-.820.  Those numbers are unspectacular, but certainly respectable...