Bobby has to go.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Bobby has to go.

Spin it some way like you did with Francona, and let's get ready for 2013. Bobby probably wants out as much as everyone else does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Bobby has to go.

I'd rather wait til the season is over. Fire him now and it looks like you're giving into Pedroia and Gonzalez. Don't let these players think they are more powerful than they think they all ready are.

Also, the owners would view firing Bobby as a sign of weakness because they were the ones who made their puppet hire him. They won't want to hurt their pride.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Wow. The 1.000,000th fire Bobby Valentine thread. This must be some kind of record.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Bobby ain't the problem. He wasn't the solution, but he ain't the problem. A couple of decent starting pitchers would go a long way. A right handed power hitter would be nice. Most importantly, a little leadership would be nice. I think that's been the biggest issue. A new GM. A new manager. Tek gone. Wake gone. An absence of leadership. And Beckett and Lackey need to be shown the door. They are anti-leaders. Too negative and too much influence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby has to go.:
    I'd rather wait til the season is over. Fire him now and it looks like you're giving into Pedroia and Gonzalez. Don't let these players think they are more powerful than they think they all ready are. Also, the owners would view firing Bobby as a sign of weakness because they were the ones who made their puppet hire him. They won't want to hurt their pride.
    Posted by Bisson1

While I understand and respect this opinion, it is the ultimate "cutting off your nose to spite your face" argument for keeping bobby v.

The players are 95% to blame for this dysfunction & underperformance, but the fact remains, little bobby v. is a joke!  He's added to the dysfunction when he didn't need to.  I personally believe he is the person leaking all of the stuff about the players.  We already know, he was the one who went public with several episodes, i.e. "the Middlebrooks, nice job kid" comments, & the subsequent player revolt.  HE, BOBBY V., has clearly had it!  He's not going down without taking down the players.  In one way, I applaud him for outing these spoiled brats!!!!!!! 

Ultimately, he has to GO!  YESTERDAY!  He has added to the dysfunction, & must be fired!!!  Bobby V. has been covering his rear end for months.  It's time the organization covered theirs!  HE MUST GO NOW!

These 2 seasons will forever be a stain on the history of this great organization!  Bobby V. did nothing to start the player dysfunction, but he helped make it worse!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Ya fire BV, but get rid of that coward b!t@h Pedroia too!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ya fire BV, but get rid of that coward b!t@h Pedroia too!
    Posted by thefly8
    You must be a Yankees fan Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Nope,  sox fan who wants a real captain not a weasel. I understand the season is done but show little effort and self respect!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Bobby ain't the problem. He wasn't the solution, but he ain't the problem. A couple of decent starting pitchers would go a long way. A right handed power hitter would be nice. Most importantly, a little leadership would be nice. I think that's been the biggest issue. A new GM. A new manager. Tek gone. Wake gone. An absence of leadership. And Beckett and Lackey need to be shown the door. They are anti-leaders. Too negative and too much influence.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

This present roster is a disaster; nobody's questioning that. The final three blows might have been Ortiz going down, Middlebrooks gone, and Beckett not responding. But why wait? Get someone in here who can put this broken organization back together. I think that will mean both manager and the GM will have to go. Let's not go into Ft Myers next February with question marks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]Ya fire BV, but get rid of that coward b!t@h Pedroia too!
    Posted by thefly8[/QUO Throw in that over rated ells-bum too. 15 million a year he's worth about 3-5 at the most.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Beckett should have taken a leadership role a long time ago. He hasn't. For that reason alone, he should go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The guy who needs to go is Lackey. It's just a gut feeling I have, but I think he's a bad influence on that pitching staff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JN86. Show JN86's posts

Beckett should have taken a leadership role a long time ago. He hasn't. For that reason alone, he should go.
    Posted by Iceman4

How do you know what Beckett does and doesn't do.  I have asked repeatedly on several different boards for someone to please give me actual facts on how Josh Beckett is such a problem.  Not the media's opinion but actual facts - facts on how he is a bad influence in the clubhouse, facts on problems he has with other teammates, facts on problems he has had with managers, facts on problems he has had with front office.

I am not talking his pitching - because I agree he has been struggling since the All Star break.  I am talking about facts that show me the problem that everyone says Beckett is.  I for one don't see it.

He never calls out a teammate - not on the field or in any press conference he has ever down.  He takes complete responsiblity for his pitching (which is what I care about).  He never talks bad about any managers or front office.

The media does not like Beckett - that is so obviously and fans have jumped right on their band wagon and believe all the negative stuff they write.  But again I must ask - where is the actual facts to support that he is this problem that people continue to talk about. 

Thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I don't really care what Bucket does in the dressing room, we all know there is not a once of leadership in that club house. What I see from him on the field is a guy who dosn't have the skill or will power to pitch in the MLB.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby has to go. : pedey should have been the leader based on his play on the field. instead he chose to be a whiner and complainer, because his best friend was canned. a-gone will never be a leader. ortiz could have been, but he's too concerned about himself. no, this ship went down w/o a captain.
    Posted by mryazz

100% agree, this team is more then a manager change away from being good. Lot a players (Pedroia) need to go to change the culture of the team. As it stand they are a bunch a babies who gave up!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I knew all the dump Tito posters would do the same to whoever beame our next manager. My bet is the next one won't fair any better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I knew all the dump Tito posters would do the same to whoever beame our next manager. My bet is the next one won't fair any better.
    Posted by moonslav59

Are you saying this season is BV's fault?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The worst thing!  We lose again, & there is a collective yawwwwwn!  It's getting tough to care anymore!  Of course I do, BUT...  the overall RS BRAND, & associated products????  NOT GONNA HAPPEN until there's a major change!

This soap opera must end!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Posted by Iceman4

Beckett in a leadership role? What a joke. Go=yes; leadership role: HAHAHAHAAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

To hell with it!  KEEP HIM!  Who gives a rip at this point.  Let them all have to deal with eachother the rest of the season.

We'll see how long they hold out when precious ratings CRASH!!!!  & merchandise sales PLUMMET!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I keep watching, as I still live & die RS all through the dog days of summer, but I refuse to add insult to injury!!!!  I buy NOTHING extra with respect to the Sox!  I will not support this sick group one cent more.  Advertisers, barring DD :), will pay too.  Sorry guys!  OK....  Papa Gino's I would buy despite the advertising also!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Wow. The 1.000,000th fire Bobby Valentine thread. This must be some kind of record.
    Posted by carnie

Only because this board didn't exiost when Jimy Williams was managing the sox

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby has to go. : Only because this board didn't exiost when Jimy Williams was managing the sox
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost
    Laughing I wonder how John McNamara would have fared.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I pity the poor manager coming in to replace BV - he will have the same bunch of misfits and underachievers that are there now and if he doesn't win...he will be thrown under the bus just like Tito and BV.

Sections
Shortcuts