Bobby has to go.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Bobby has to go.

the manager who takes over for BV will automatically be better....he's not BV

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Bobby has to go.:
    [QUOTE]Spin it some way like you did with Francona, and let's get ready for 2013. Bobby probably wants out as much as everyone else does.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

I'd rather see Lester, Beckett, Ginzalez, and pedroia go.

Then use the money to sign Ellsbury and get some fresh blood in here.

Guys who actually try.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yeah, Pedroia, the guy who dives for every ball, runs out every grounder and even said his peace yesterday to the media---he has to go, but one of the worst managers in baseball gets to stay...great logic there ghost...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby has to go.:
    [QUOTE]yeah, Pedroia, the guy who dives for every ball, runs out every grounder and even said his peace yesterday to the media---he has to go, but one of the worst managers in baseball gets to stay...great logic there ghost...
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Pedroia is a fake leader.

If he's such a great example and leader - why aren't any players following him and hustling?

But wait - there are some players following him.  the whiners, malcontents - lazy good for nothing loser players follow him.  He is their king. 

A real leader helps the team succeed and knows that te manager needs support, not secret cabals of spoiled loser players.

Muddy Chicken.  Perfect product endorsement Dustin!  Dirty chicken.  Dirty cowardly chicken.  And after last year's chicken in the dugout?  Perfect!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby has to go. : While I understand and respect this opinion, it is the ultimate "cutting off your nose to spite your face" argument for keeping bobby v. The players are 95% to blame for this dysfunction & underperformance, but the fact remains, little bobby v. is a joke!  He's added to the dysfunction when he didn't need to.  I personally believe he is the person leaking all of the stuff about the players.  We already know, he was the one who went public with several episodes, i.e. "the Middlebrooks, nice job kid" comments, & the subsequent player revolt.  HE, BOBBY V., has clearly had it!  He's not going down without taking down the players.  In one way, I applaud him for outing these spoiled brats!!!!!!!  Ultimately, he has to GO!  YESTERDAY!  He has added to the dysfunction, & must be fired!!!  Bobby V. has been covering his rear end for months.  It's time the organization covered theirs!  HE MUST GO NOW! These 2 seasons will forever be a stain on the history of this great organization!  Bobby V. did nothing to start the player dysfunction, but he helped make it worse!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt doubt if it was BV leaking things to the media...Afterall, if you had a bunch of players going to ownership to cry about you instead of going directly to you, you also might do the same. I know theres a chance that I would...
    Some people here think ownership letting BV go now would be admitting they were wrong and should wait til the season is over. But that would still be admitting they are wrong since they signed him to a 2 yr deal...
    Gammons said today he thinks its still going to get real ugly in September, and I agree...The drama on this mess of an organization is far from over IMO...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, but you can eliminate much of the managerial drama just by firing BV today. It's time, it's been time for about 3 months to be honest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Why continue the chaos and continue to let fans lament about how their precious manager is more important than the players because the players are costing him his job. No, they're not! He's costing himself his job by daily idiotic comments like the "no one want to sign here" comment on the WEEI Radio Show. You think the Sox PR department like that one? Hell no, I'm sure Ben cringed, thinking there goes my chance to get any decent free agent in the offseason. It's frightening just how bad BV really is--his recent lineups as he refuses to play Ciriaco at SS, forces Punto into games, and constantly pitching Melancon in key situations---he's lost it. He's done. He sucks. End of story. Fire him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and you know what stan the man, I could care less what BV says to trash the organization or what he thinks. I've lost so much respect for him, and I truly forgot just how bad he really was with the Mets--he was out of MLB for 10 years and for a very good reason--he's not good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Fracona's Bridge Team is now 20 games higher than BV's 2012 squad...20 games higher with terrible injuries, poor stretches of pitching, and poor offensive swoons....that team went 89-73....This squad is embarrassing and to play the Titantic by going down with the manager is by far an insult to the fans and an insult to anyone who knows that a change in the manager can cause a calming effect on the team...I really think they would go on an 8-game winning streak if he was fired tomorrow. They have the talent to do it, even now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby ain't the problem. He wasn't the solution, but he ain't the problem. A couple of decent starting pitchers would go a long way. A right handed power hitter would be nice. Most importantly, a little leadership would be nice. I think that's been the biggest issue. A new GM. A new manager. Tek gone. Wake gone. An absence of leadership. And Beckett and Lackey need to be shown the door. They are anti-leaders. Too negative and too much influence.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Bobby is a HUGE part of the problem. For one thing when Tito had an issue he would tell the media ( it's in house issue and we'll deal with it.)When Bobby has a problem his big fat mouth gets in the way. The media gets it and runs with a blown up story to spred to everyone out there.Bobby must go, The in house issue must return and the media must be told to go F..........themselves.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Once again BV blew another game last night. You'd think he could throw the ball to second base to start the inning ending DP instead of throwing it to left center. Just another loss attributed to BV. Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Reading all these posts on this subject  makes my head spin.

Think about the situation Bobby V stepped into. Francona[I know greatest manager ever in Sox history] let the player's do whatever they wanted to do, never chewed them out, let Pedroia sit in his office every day for hours on end, and generally was a buddy to the player's, not their boss. Now comes in another manager who does not do things the same as Francona, wants the player's to be more accountable for their actions, and while Bobby V,s way may not be the best way to handle every situation, he was [is] a no win situation with some of the player's.
    It happens the same way in every day life, in every work place, someone replaces a popular person, and sets up their rules for governing the workplace. Feathers get ruffled, some don't  like the new guy, because they actually make them acounable and do their jobs.

Now it's been a very trying season for everyone, player's coaches, FO, and fans alike. But sometimes a person just has to suck it up, face reality, and determine in their own minds that they will put aside personal feelings for the good of everyone concerned, and make things work. Some will pout, run to the big bosses behind their immediate bosses back, and in general be a snitch and act in a cowardly way. Does that fit the Sox and their season?

Now the FO has to come forward and be the responible people they are supposed to be, and call the person[s] that are responsible for causing all this consternation, and begin to move forward and look to the future and find solutions, not add to the problems. I'm sure that  the FO is well aware of the problems and have some decisions that will have to be made[some decisions will be hard, but necessary, some we as fans won't like], but if some of our faforites go, then so be it. I personally don't want Pedroia, Gonzalez, Lester, etc. to go, but if the FO feels they are the problem and can't/won't conform to the manager, then they must go.

But all this hhealing on the Sox part has to start some place, it may just as well be now. Maybe Valentine must go, I don't necessarily believe that, maybe he wants to go[after all how many of us would have to walk into what he has had to deal with, and want to stay].
    No Valentine is not Francona, but to blame him for the failed season is premature and a little foolish. Let him choose his own coaches this off season[which every manager does], get rid of the malcontents, make good FA signings and good trades, and most of all go to spring training healthy, with player's in a right frame of mind, then see how it all unfolds next year, and then just maybe we can get back to winning baseball games, and be the competitive team we all are used to seeing, and again enjoy watching our Sox do damage in the AL.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why people are bashing BV?  Had Tito was a the manager at the same time Boston are all b@nged up, medias making fun of them, etc, you would all be asking Henry to fire Tito two months ago.

Come on...it is just a bad year with too many injuries, weak starting rotation and too much medias involved.   If Boston do make into the playoff, they still wont go far cuz of lack of starting pitching.  Doubront is starting to have tire arm, Lester is finally being like old Lester guy, and Bucholtz is the only guy that can pitch.  Rest is all questionable.  Seriously, this starting pitching staffs arent as deep as the Angels, Detriot, White Sox, Yankees (only if Sabathia is back), maybe the Orioles too.

Let it go.  Just hope Boston can just suprise us like the Cardinals did it last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: Bobby has to go.": [QUOTE]yeah, Pedroia, the guy who dives for every ball, runs out every grounder and even said his peace yesterday to the media---he has to go, but one of the worst managers in baseball gets to stay...great logic there ghost... Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE] You are Softy redux.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Two small points--1.  Bobby is almost certain to go if the team finishes under .500, worst season in a decade; 2. the root problem with this team is a much weker than expected rotation and a ton of injuries, including Ortiz and Middlebrooks right now.

All the claims about dysfunction and all the meetings are the natural result of having a really bad season.  The players agree it's on the, not on Bobby, who actually has done a good job with the bullpen and juggling lineups.

Last night's game is a classic example of what Bobby V has had to deal with.  Cook dominates for 5 innings, than collapses, including that huge error on a double play ball, and the Sox go from up 2 to down 5 just like that.  When Cook left in the 6th, he had still only thrown 71 pitches. 

Meanwhile, the offense struggles to score.  I think the Ortiz injury has had a bigger effect than anyone expected, especially when MIddlebrooks is replace by two nonhitters at 3B. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ask your manager why Ciriaco can't play SS and Aviles 3b??

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ortiz, I love him, but he's as fragile now as any player in baseball. Achilles issue, he stupidly got a pain shot, that was a mistake that might have aggravated the pain after running some more...The guy is too important to the Sox offense, and not being there is killing the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz, I love him, but he's as fragile now as any player in baseball. Achilles issue, he stupidly got a pain shot, that was a mistake that might have aggravated the pain after running some more...The guy is too important to the Sox offense, and not being there is killing the team.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I disagree that Ortiz is as fragile as any player in baseball.  He did make it through 2/3 of the year without getting hurt.  But I dont think that there is a possibility that the pain shot was a mistake.  Pain is a good thing, it reminds us of our limits.  Its possible that because Ortiz did not have this pain to remind him that he needs to rest his achillies, he may have been too aggressive w/ rehabbing and set himself back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

so you agree that the pain shot was a mistake, right? I have a foot doctor who works with professional athletes, he said he gives them 2 options, rehab or pain shot--then he says, pain shot is 50-50, you either can play through something and then re-injure it, or you can get the shot and set you back 6 months to a year...in other words, don't take the shot. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankeefan11. Show yankeefan11's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby ain't the problem. He wasn't the solution, but he ain't the problem. A couple of decent starting pitchers would go a long way. A right handed power hitter would be nice. Most importantly, a little leadership would be nice. I think that's been the biggest issue. A new GM. A new manager. Tek gone. Wake gone. An absence of leadership. And Beckett and Lackey need to be shown the door. They are anti-leaders. Too negative and too much influence.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I like this - Bobby ain't the problem. He wasn't the solution, but he ain't the problem.

Honestly, if I were ownership, and a bunch of overpaid, underperforming players came to me to complain about the MANAGER, I'd tell them to shup the %^$# up and go earn their millions for a change. They need a good butt kicking.

I guess I'm just tired of players getting SO overpaid for what little they do. In this economy, it's hard to relate to that kind of nonsense.

Shut up and play the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LL on WEEI D&C this morning.... Valentine will not be fired this season. When asked if his job was safe for next year, LL changed the subject. When asked if BV was "his guy" said it was a "collaborative decision"

Sections
Shortcuts