Bobby V. and his continued undermining of the Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Bobby V. and his continued undermining of the Sox

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bobby Valentine, the gift that keeps on giving...

[/QUOTE]

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bobby V. is unemployed.  Nuff said.  I don't care if Ortiz took the rest of the season off.  If there was any doubt his injury could linger and needed rest, then so be it.  Valentine lost control of this team and now for his lack of success he'll be back in the booth as an analyst, where he should have stayed.  

Bobby V. was front and center making excuse after excuse last year.  Can it Booby, no one cares.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bobby V. is unemployed.  Nuff said.  I don't care if Ortiz took the rest of the season off.  If there was any doubt his injury could linger and needed rest, then so be it.  Valentine lost control of this team and now for his lack of success he'll be back in the booth as an analyst, where he should have stayed.  

Bobby V. was front and center making excuse after excuse last year.  Can it Booby, no one cares.   

[/QUOTE]

If he keeps taking shots at his former team, he may not even get that job back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Send Valentine to a concentration camp in North Korea.  I'm sure the Dear Leader will shut him up.  LOL 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bobby V. claims that Ortiz took himself out of the line-up after the Sox made the trade and gave up on the season. 

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8544175/bobby-valentine-former-boston-red-sox-manager-said-david-ortiz-sidelined-himself

I said last year that Bobby V. was bad for Boston. Good that you cut your losses.

[/QUOTE]

Why point the finger at Ortiz? He could have played and he didn't? Bobby ,Bobby, Bobby, Do you know you still had nine guys on the field and none of them played.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We all have a little hypocrisy in us.  We can castigate some people for being less than forthcoming in their public statements  , but condemn others for truthfully stating their opinions. You want to have it both ways. By no means do I agree with Valentine throwing Ortiz under the bus , but let's try to be consistent in our criticism. Do you prefer coyness or outspokenness ? Or does it all depend on whose Ox is being gored ?

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bobby V. claims that Ortiz took himself out of the line-up after the Sox made the trade and gave up on the season. 

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8544175/bobby-valentine-former-boston-red-sox-manager-said-david-ortiz-sidelined-himself

I said last year that Bobby V. was bad for Boston. Good that you cut your losses.

[/QUOTE]

I can't stand Bobby V but the Sox did hire him. I agree Ortiz quit on the team, I guess making 13 million and being on his last legs is not enough to get him to play. He is a baby, dump him, I don't care what he hits. He will cry about the length of his contract. He did two years ago also. Don't be blind because Bobby V smells. Ortiz does also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

When Ortiz was place back on the disabled list after the one game he tried to play on August 24th meant the end of his season.  Even if he could have played again upon returning from that DL stint, did it make any sense for either the club or the player to have him play again with the team about 15 games out of the wild card with 23 games left to play???

I hope that Valentine keeps talking and talking and talking and talks his way right out of the $2.5 M that he is to receive in 2013!  He signed a gag order clause in his one contract with the Sox and it may not take too much more for them to sue him for breach of that clause in his contract.

Say some more Bobby, please.  Talk your way right out of 2.5 that the team could then spend on another player, more minor league coaches, etc, etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

does BV owe the sox team/management any loyalty considering how they treated him professionally from the get go? the obvious answer is no but he also has to own his 69 win record as manager...and thats the worst part of it all imo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If Valentine had any brains he'd have known when to quit.  Some of the in-season stuff you might be able to excuse as being under duress or whatever.  There's no excuse for continuing to be an idiot in this latest interview.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

does BV owe the sox team/management any loyalty considering how they treated him professionally from the get go? the obvious answer is no but he also has to own his 69 win record as manager...and thats the worst part of it all imo

[/QUOTE]

Which was how, geo?? By not firing him before the end of the season or by supporting him publicly "from the get go"?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

JB..i have no idea why they even hired the guy if they didnt want to upset the players...i mean the lil darlings were PROMISED that he wouldnt be hired....wth, why after 2011 were they promised anything????

But Bens non reaction to Pedroia's whiny lecture and the attempted coup on the west coast trip, along with their hiring of his own bench coaches was just silly...

like someone said, BV should have walked away right then

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He admitted he lied to the radio station about the Middlebrooks incident.  Then he apparently asked WMB if he remembered an incident which Valentine admitted he made up.

The dude is in need of some meds.  Can anyone explain the WMB thing to me?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

JB..i have no idea why they even hired the guy if they didnt want to upset the players...i mean the lil darlings were PROMISED that he wouldnt be hired....wth, why after 2011 were they promised anything????

But Bens non reaction to Pedroia's whiny lecture and the attempted coup on the west coast trip, along with their hiring of his own bench coaches was just silly...

like someone said, BV should have walked away right then

[/QUOTE]

Who said that, geo??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, but he cut beer off from the clubhouse.

Isn't that all that counts?

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, can we please move on the beer and chicken references... extremely unorigninal and not funny anymore

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, he's still being paid handsomely by the organization. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Instead of improving the culture of the team from last year, BV managed to make it worse...this was made really obvious with questioning Youk about his dedication to the game...its pretty obvious that few on that team, including coaches liked him and we all know why... he was an absolute jerk who was living in the past and had no clue how to manage players....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Send Valentine to a concentration camp in North Korea.  I'm sure the Dear Leader will shut him up.  LOL 

[/QUOTE]

I thought that was "Beloved Leader"

Sections
Shortcuts