Bobby V bans beer in the clubhouse.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Bobby V bans beer in the clubhouse.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

Like I said in earlier post...you wanna party after the game - knock yourself out - but drinking during the game just has no place in professional sports.  Nice move, Bobby V.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Bobby V bans beer in the clubhouse.

Agreed. Bill806 will be happy that the fat cats can't have their beer anymore.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Valentine also added ...'and on the last leg of a flight; it's something I've always done, feel more comfortable that way' there won't be continous questions about it throughout the season. no beers, no questions, no problems. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jbay, did you read the finish of the Ft. Meade story? It's all posted now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Joe Maddon quote....

If somebody had all of these wonderful thoughts prior to this happening I may be more on board with it, or more empathetic to it. But all of this knee-jerk stuff that occurs in our game absolutely drives me crazy. If you want to be proactive about some thoughts, go ahead, be proactive and I’m all for that. But to say a grown-up can’t have a beer after a game? Give me a break. That is, I’m going to use the word, ‘asinine,’ because it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Well Done. Loved Francona through his tenure with the Red Sox nut what happened last year was inexusable and he should have taken the bull by the horns and straightened out the problems before it festered like it did. The bottom line is that he is responsible?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V bans beer in the clubhouse.:
    [QUOTE]Jbay, did you read the finish of the Ft. Meade story? It's all posted now.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

read part 1 and 2, Exam. will read 3 and 4 and  my BDC review will followTongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V bans beer in the clubhouse. :  read part 1 and 2, Exam. will read 3 and 4 and  my BDC review will follow
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

All four parts are in the "battle of the ages" thread. I did that for simplicity, and for anyone who hadn't read the first two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed. Bill806 will be happy that the fat cats can't have their beer anymore.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]GOOD FOR YOU BOBBY V.......  MAY I SUGGEST SOME LEFT OVER GREEN TEA FROM THE TITO FRANCONA ERA.....  NOW THATS FUNNY, TITO IS GONE BUT THE PLAYERS WILL BE FORCED TO DRINK HIS TEA.....   AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND" !!!!   GO  F A T - C A T S  !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This will only force Beckett to demand a trade.

Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Good move by Bobby V.  This will help to put the Fowlbeergate days behind them...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

This wont stop any player that is determined to drink. The players who want to drink can stash alcohol all over the park. Notice Valentine banned "drinking" alcohol. The players can still do anal consumption & get much drunker faster with less alcohol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe they'll hid it in the LF wall, or in a hollowed out bat, or keep a flask in their back pocket, or...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

The whole situation brings to mind that classic beer ditty from the 50's & 60's:    "Baseball and Ballantine
              Now banned by Valentine
              Deadly combination
              All thru Red Sox nation...
              Baseball and Ballantine"
    Will Mary Jane be the next drive-by Valentine victim? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

much ado about nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]much ado about nothing.
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. We are the 19th team in MLB to ban alcoholic beverages in the clubhouse and MLB is considering a ban from that level. So yes much ado about nothing, about time and geez I hope by say June we have moved on from this story, but doubt that strongly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

It's rumored that David Wells as a Yankee drank his beer from the regular Gatorade water cooler.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]This will only force Beckett to demand a trade.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]GOOOOOOOD !!   WE CAN ONLY HOPE !!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE] Valentine also added ...'and on the last leg of a flight; it's something I've always done, feel more comfortable that way' there won't be continous questions about it throughout the season. no beers, no questions, no problems. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No drinking on the last keg of a flight??? Don't get it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V bans beer in the clubhouse. : No drinking on the last keg of a flight??? Don't get it
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]
     the reasoning is that the players get back to fenway late and drive home.  So, it is a safety issue to prevent guys from drunk driving.