1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bobby V calls out Youk

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Bobby V calls out Youk

Bobby V should shut up and manage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

ahhhh, here we go! BV is either trying to fire up Youk  or he is really taking a shot at him so the owners can see it publicly. Youk always looks into to the game to me, he plays with a passion. Maybe firing the manager he liked has him down still, haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Probably trying to fire him up. Bobby's a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them. Whether or not it will work, who knows. For now at least, I'll assume he knows something I don't, but I reserve the right to augment that opinion if he really does show himself to be stupid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I'd rather have Youk than Valentine...Youk plays hard every game, every day. Valentine is fortunate to have a job. Keep quiet Bobby V and stick to inventing alternative methods for eating sandwiches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Classy move.  Questioning Youkilis' motivation after watching him for ten games as his manager?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ball Dont Lie. Show Ball Dont Lie's posts

Youk's too busy slaying Tommy Brady's sister and needs to get his head in the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V calls out Youk:
    Probably trying to fire him up. Bobby's a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them. Whether or not it will work, who knows. For now at least, I'll assume he knows something I don't, but I reserve the right to augment that opinion if he really does show himself to be stupid.
    Posted by TheExaminer

A lot of smart people say and do stupid things everyday, Exam, I'll count this as one of them.  My take on BV is, he's  smart when it comes to baseball, not people.  If he wants to fire up Youk, fire him up in his office, not in public

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!  BV trying to ignite dead wood.  The guy is a genius.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Youk's too busy slaying Tommy Brady's sister and needs to get his head in the game.
    Posted by Ball Dont Lie

I would too.  Have you seen her? She's hawt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not sure this type of statement will help a guy with Youk's personality. I'm hoping it doesn't hurt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from f1502nv. Show f1502nv's posts

If you pay attention to it , Youks been terrible at the corner. He definitely doesn't look like he's into it. He has let a lot of balls get by him already,  today was just another example. He is usually a vacuum. I agree with Bobby because I thought exactly this while watching the game today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V calls out Youk : A lot of smart people say and do stupid things everyday, Exam, I'll count this as one of them.  My take on BV is, he's a smart when it comes to baseball, not people.  If he wants to fire up Youk, fire him up in his office, not in public
    Posted by J-BAY

Bingo - he's a sevant

Baseball genius

Interpersonal moron

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Will Middlebrooks is more than ready to be called up in any minutes.  11 games played in Pawtucket, his batting avg is over .360, over .380 OBP, 11 RBI and 3 HRs.  Bobby V would certainly want Middlebrooks bat and glove in the lineup.  He might have said all those things to fire up Youk, but if Youk continues to stay cold offensively and defensively, Middlebrooks WILL get called up and replace Youk under new manager Bobby V.  Youk will be pissed off and will request trade.  Sox will gladly explore trade. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

There is something wrong with Bobby V.  Youk was 4 for 10 in the last 3 games.  There is no doubt whatsoever that V. is playing some type of game, & no matter how you slice it, this was a FOOLISH thing to say!  This guy is a CLOWN!  They win 3 in a row, SO NOW THE "BRILLIANT" Bobby V. picks THIS TIME to shake things up?????  "Not physically or Emotionally into the game????"  How does this POSSIBLY help a team who is off to a really bad start, but is seemingly on the verge of turning it around.

BS with the "genius" thing.  There is something wrong with this guy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

This doesn't seem right to me. We are on the verge of a sweep against a must beat team and this happens? Strange.... dark clouds are gathering (again).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Bobby V. is a JOKE! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Youk is batting .333 over the past 6 games and .400 over the past 3 games and Bobby V. takes this opportunity to call him and to sit him.

Sounds like a brilliant move to me.  Call out a guy after he's turned the corner and then sit him when he's hot.

What a jerk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Bobby V calls out Youk":
    In Response to Re: Bobby V calls out Youk : A lot of smart people say and do stupid things everyday, Exam, I'll count this as one of them.  My take on BV is, he's  smart when it comes to baseball, not people.  If he wants to fire up Youk, fire him up in his office, not in public Posted by J-BAY
    Firing him up in his office was Tito's brand of management. V is the opposite of Tito and these players needed the opposite. If Youk can turn it around, these comments should inspire him to do it. Question is if V is right, and what if Youk has simply worn out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to "Re: Bobby V calls out Youk": Firing him up in his office was Tito's brand of management. V is the opposite of Tito and these players needed the opposite. If Youk can turn it around, these comments should inspire him to do it. Question is if V is right, and what if Youk has simply worn out.
    Posted by rkarp

But he's already turned it around.  He's batting .400 over the past 3 games and .333 over the past 6 games.

There is absolutely no reason to make comments to the press before he's had a conversation with the players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Youk is batting .333 over the past 6 games and .400 over the past 3 games and Bobby V. takes this opportunity to call him and to sit him. Sounds like a brilliant move to me.  Call out a guy after he's turned the corner and then sit him when he's hot. What a jerk.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Pretty good numbers for a "cold" player.

Bobby V has impeccable timing!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Apparently Bobby apologized to him today.
    http://bostondirtdogs.com/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Good for Valentine!!! This team needs to be shaken up. The "club-house" mentality of this team of fat-cats has returned...and needs to be discarded...quickly.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

It only took 9 games for this to happen.

Who's next to get the Bobby V treatment?

Oh, it will be a long summer. And not much fun.

I entered this season with no expectations. So far, I am not disappointed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Good for Valentine!!! This team needs to be shaken up. The "club-house" mentality of this team of fat-cats has returned...and needs to be discarded...quickly.  
    Posted by TexasPat3

I thought they just won 3 in a row.  If "clubhouse" mentality leads to a streak of wins against arugable the best pitching staff in the AL then maybe the "clubhouse" mentaility is a good thing.

Bashing a team on a winning streak is pretty stupid.

Sections
Shortcuts