Bobby V calls out Youk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Re: Bobby V calls out Youk

This is a media issue that has very little to do with the Red Sox!!!! BV has apologized to youk and said his intention was to defend youk not call him out ..... Youk is sitting today with a bad groin witch is the REAL STORY wasn't last year the sports hernia ? Did he have surgery in the off season ? The groin can kill a ball players game QUICK !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V calls out Youk:
    [QUOTE]This is a media issue that has very little to do with the Red Sox!!!! BV has apologized to youk and said his intention was to defend youk not call him out ..... Youk is sitting today with a bad groin witch is the REAL STORY wasn't last year the sports hernia ? Did he have surgery in the off season ? The groin can kill a ball players game QUICK !!!!
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]If he has to go on the DL I really hope Middlebrooks is ready to come up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I have really appreciated what Bobby has done with the club thus far.  Great approach.  but,this little gem is just the sort of thing many feared when his name first came up as a potential manager.  Pedroia already came out in the press defending Youk and admonishing Valentine.  I mean, something like this was inevtiable with bobby, but on April 15?  Really?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

In response to "Re: Bobby V calls out Youk": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V calls out Youk : If he has to go on the DL I really hope Middlebrooks is ready to come up. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] If youk does go down I think Punto will get an extended try at 3rd before Middlebrooks gets the call .....

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bad move by BV, but Youk has not looked like Youk so far. Usually, he has a strong spring at the plate. Plus yesterday he didn't hang onto an hard shot hit right at his glove side and in the air. In the past Youk was a hothead, but flourished as a hothead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

I am sick of these people reacting like teenage girls in high school to comments people make and the media blowing it up into a ridiculous controversy.  Just play the game like real men and leave the drama for yo momma.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]I am sick of these people reacting like teenage girls in high school to comments people make and the media blowing it up into a ridiculous controversy.  Just play the game like real men and leave the drama for yo momma.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

Bingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

What a clown.  Keep it in the Clubhouse Bobby V.  We want to have some fun this year and it won't be any fun if the Sox aren't good.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Probably trying to fire him up. Bobby's a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them. Whether or not it will work, who knows. For now at least, I'll assume he knows something I don't, but I reserve the right to augment that opinion if he really does show himself to be stupid.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

BV is stupid. You don't call out players in the media.
    BTW he has stated that engaging his mouth before thinking is who he is and that even his wife has no luck changing him.

So he admits being stupid and his clarifaction today just proves it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]I am sick of these people reacting like teenage girls in high school to comments people make and the media blowing it up into a ridiculous controversy.  Just play the game like real men and leave the drama for yo momma.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

So Bobby V. goes on TV and calls out Youk.  What's the media supposed to do, ignore it?  How can the media not focus on it?  And if BV wanted to avoid a media circus, then he should have known not to say it on TV.

But the thing that disturbs me the most is that the comments made no sense.  Youk is playing really well. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]YEAH BABY!!  BV trying to ignite dead wood.  The guy is a genius.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

either that or you are a sycophant.  Aren't you the one that said with Bobby V as manager you "knew" that all the players were going to be together and united?  Then you think a guy is a "genius" for singling out one player?

I felt bad for Youk.  Bobby V said he was wrong and apologised to Youk.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Airing your greivances to the media worked somewhat for George Steinbrenner but he was an owner this is a different situation with a manager who appears to first speak with the press then to the player. Afterall he could meet with the player behind closed doors and keep it in house.

Possible that Bobby V. has picked up on something, possible he feels that this is the best way to handle it or on the other hand possible that he said more than he would have liked to. I'll go with the later.

Frankly I think he would have more of a handle of what mindset Youk had previous to this season if he been the manager not watching from over in Japan or from the ESPN booth.

Just looks to me like Youk is struggling like so many others do just a matter of time before he corrects himself and I hope when it does happen it happens after next weekend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

So is Bobby V a real man for calling someone out in the media and not to his face?  Just trying to get your point here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V calls out Youk : So is Bobby V a real man for calling someone out in the media and not to his face?  Just trying to get your point here.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

First of all, he was not "calling him out." If you read Bobby's explanation you'll understand what he was really talking about.

Secondly, the response to comments like this always causing media drama is what I was referring to.  The back and forth t!t for tat comments between the people involved is ridiculously amplified through the media looking for something to write about and stir controversy.  Just play the game and don't worry about what people say, and if you have a problem, go speak to them privately, not in front of the media.  

The Boston sports media is poisonous.  They will look for any opportunity to tear the team down and create a stir.  Just look at the absurdity in spring training with all the September stuff being rehashed.  Why give these people more ammunition? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V calls out Youk : So Bobby V. goes on TV and calls out Youk.  What's the media supposed to do, ignore it?  How can the media not focus on it?  And if BV wanted to avoid a media circus, then he should have known not to say it on TV. But the thing that disturbs me the most is that the comments made no sense.  Youk is playing really well. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

No, if you have a problem with someone go talk to THEM not the media.  So Bobby is at fault, yes, but so is everyone who chose to chime in to the media rather than keeping it within the clubhouse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V calls out Youk : First of all, he was not "calling him out." If you read Bobby's explanation you'll understand what he was really talkng about. Secondly, the response to comments like this always causing media drama is what I was referring to.  The back and forth t!t for tat comments between the people involved is ridiculously amplified through the media looking for something to write about and stir contraversy.  Just play the game and don't worry about what people say, and if you have a problem, go speak to them privately, not in front of the media.   The Boston sports media is poisonius.  They will look for any opportunity to tear the team down and create a stir.  Just look at the absudity in spring training with all the September stuff being rehashed.  Why give these people more ammunition? 
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

Sounded more like backpedalling than an explanation to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Reading BV's new quotes did nothing to explain his original gaffe. Youk's commitment to the game now morphs into an emotional feeling for his swing. Valentine is not endearing himself to his new team. I enjoyed Pedroia's response, "Maybe it works in Japan."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Loved what Pedey said:
    "I don’t really understand what Bobby’s trying to do, but that’s not the way we go about our stuff around here. I’m sure he’ll figure that out soon.''

Hey Pedey...last I checked, BV was the BOSS and you guys are the EMPLOYEES.

Translated...You do things HIS way, not the other way around!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Loved what Pedey said: "I don’t really understand what Bobby’s trying to do, but that’s not the way we go about our stuff around here. I’m sure he’ll figure that out soon.'' Hey Pedey...last I checked, BV was the BOSS and you guys are the EMPLOYEES. Translated...You do things HIS way, not the other way around!
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

I guess the hobbit doesn't know his place.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CONIGfan25. Show CONIGfan25's posts

Come on boys get on your big girl panties, stop crying about what your manager says about you and just play good baseball. And stop being ticked off that your beloved Tito isn't around anymore. He's gone. Deal with it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Re: Bobby V calls out Youk": [QUOTE]Loved what Pedey said: "I don’t really understand what Bobby’s trying to do, but that’s not the way we go about our stuff around here. I’m sure he’ll figure that out soon.'' Hey Pedey...last I checked, BV was the BOSS and you guys are the EMPLOYEES. Translated...You do things HIS way, not the other way around! Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE] Pedroia was speaking about an organizational culture, which exists in large part due to the play and personality of Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis. Sniping about fellow players in the media was not part of that culture. Pedroia is correct, and BV will be gone long before the former MVP. And, it is not Valentine who signs the checks. So, BV better learn a more professional, positive, and precise manner of communicating about his players with the media.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bobby V calls out Youk": Pedroia was speaking about an organizational culture, which exists in large part due to the play and personality of Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis. Sniping about fellow players in the media was not part of that culture. Pedroia is correct, as BV will be gone long before the former MVP. And, it is not Valentine who signs the checks. So, BV better learn a more professional, positive, and precise manner of communicating about his players with the media.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]

Did it ever occur to you that the edict to make that comment came from the people that DO sign the checks?