Bobby V calls tonight just another hard luck loss???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Bobby V calls tonight just another hard luck loss???

Wow!  Did he watch the same game I just did?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Bobby V calls tonight just another hard luck loss???

I wish LL would "empower" Bobby V to grow a pair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

If the Red Sox don't take the next three from the Twins, it's over. The climb will be too difficult for this team to overcome. If they do take the next three, however, they may get enough moment to at least make it close.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V calls tonight just another hard luck loss???:
    [QUOTE]If the Red Sox don't take the next three from the Twins, it's over. The climb will be too difficult for this team to overcome. If they do take the next three, however, they may get enough moment to at least make it close.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

Lol.....momentum, and I'm not critiquing your spelling.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]The untimely hitting hasn't been BV's fault so why so much BV bashing today?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, Bobby pulled a Terry last night when he didn't order Els to bunt with one out and Craw on third.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Maybe they need to shave off about $90,000,000 dollars in payroll...bring themselves more in line with what Minnesota is spending...and maybe they will get some of the "good luck" that Minnesota seems to be having?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

They had a 5-1 lead on the team with the worst ERA in the AL, no excuse for loss and if anybody had tough luck it was Duesning, who was victimized by Morneau dropping ball a little leaguer could catch.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]"Hard Luck Loss" just might imply getting 13 hits, leaving a ton of runners on base, lack of clutch hitting, a double that found the gap somehow in the last inning, and Lavarnway's double just miss going out in the 9th. Yes, it was a hard luck loss. No problem with BV's statement.

How do you explain the good fortune of Morneau dropping ball?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I have no problem with Valentine's comment last night, but I do have a problem with Valentine.

For whatever reason, he just does not fit well in the position he is in.  Outside of maybe Dubront, Ortiz, Middlebrooks and a couple of bullpen guys no one is having close to a career year.  In fact, many guys are performing well under their normal average stats.

I mention this because every team near the top of the standings has guys who are having "career years" or at least close to them at this time of the season.  These teams also have some guys with some nice "surprise" seasons so far.

Can a manager be blamed for guys not performing?  I say yes, and I say yes because the majority of the team does not seem to respect the manager.  His spring training verbal attack on Youkilis set the entire team against him and he has certainly not recovered yet as witness by his recent comments toward Middlebrooks regarding the two errors in one inning.  There is no question that athletes play better and perform better when they respect the guy in charge.  All of the other pro teams in Boston seem to show this every year lately.

Please do not bring up September of last year because that was basically one month out of eight seasons that the players did not "play" well for Francona.  I will take 7.83% success and not worry about that one lousy month.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V calls tonight just another hard luck loss??? : Morneau dropping the ball and CC taking advantage of it with the HR. It was partly good fortune and also an error on the Twins. If the situation was reversed, what would your reaction be? Think it over. Would you be bashing Gonzalez or calling it good fortune for the Twins? I never feel guilty about receiving "good fortune" like you do.

The fact that the Twins could overcome Morneau's gaffe, shows the twins winning game, not as you say the Sox losing it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Bobby V calls tonight just another hard luck loss???:
    [QUOTE]Wow!  Did he watch the same game I just did?
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure Bobby V doesn't even care anymore...why should he?....I don't blame him.  Just keep those checks coming in, Henry.  Who should Bobby care about?.....the whiney players?....the reprehensible ownership that left him swinging in the wind?.....or the whiney fans that were booing him a week into his tenure here?  Bobby should be walking around with his middle finger outstretched......and laughing all the way to the bank. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]Stick to comedy pal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

3 games under .500 this late in the season, hard to think the manager gets a free pass, but he did.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]I wish LL would "empower" Bobby V to grow a pair.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts