Bobby V claims that Youk was the 2011 snitch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bobby V claims that Youk was the 2011 snitch

Bobby Valentine in an interview with Joel Sherman of the New York Post claims Kevin Youkilis' issues preceded his tenure as Red Sox manager and in fact stemmed from the fact that Youk was the 2011 clubhouse snitch. Bobby V, the gift that keeps on giving...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Bobby V claims that Youk was the 2011 snitch

I read that a little differently.I think he was saying some players felt like Youk was the "snitch",not that Youk was definitely the"snitch".

On another note,what's the deal with Valentine's obsession with Youk?It's kind of creepy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Valentine is just kind of generally creepy in a passive aggressive kind of way IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Bobby Valentine should just shut up and move on with his life.  

Next time he goes to coach in Japan, I hope Godzilla eats him up.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hey the best thing about his time here is it pushed the team into a necessary jettisoning of its "problems"...... Sad to see Cherrington ruining the opportunity by turning the team into a core of old dogs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

That SHIP has sailed !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bobby Valentine in an interview with Joel Sherman of the New York Post claims Kevin Youkilis' issues preceded his tenure as Red Sox manager and in fact stemmed from the fact that Youk was the 2011 clubhouse snitch. Bobby V, the gift that keeps on giving...

[/QUOTE]
                    The bottom line is the Sox clubhouse was an accident in waiting.

The biggest problem has since been removed.

And I'am not talking about Youk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]

Valentine is just kind of generally creepy in a passive aggressive kind of way IMO.

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read that a little differently.I think he was saying some players felt like Youk was the "snitch",not that Youk was definitely the"snitch".

On another note,what's the deal with Valentine's obsession with Youk?It's kind of creepy.

[/QUOTE]

that's the way I saw it mr mojo

but more fun this way ;-)

you probably saw this but maybe others didn't

did donnie take a page from bobbys book ?

Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said Boston guys "didn't care what happened''

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2012/12/dodgers_

manager_don_mattingly.html

[/QUOTE]

I actually hadn't seen that Zac,thanks for posting the link.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey the best thing about his time here is it pushed the team into a necessary jettisoning of its "problems"...... Sad to see Cherrington ruining the opportunity by turning the team into a core of old dogs.

[/QUOTE]

I see it is not committing long term to a mediocore crop of free agents. This team may not win 95 games but he has made it much better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
                    The bottom line is the Sox clubhouse was an accident in waiting.

The biggest problem has since been removed.

And I'am not talking about Youk.

[/QUOTE]

I think AGon hurt the team more than he help. I think he was like Nomar in the club house.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I think the Mattingly remarks indicate a frustration with the new players, not because they have no fight in them, nor that they will be lack-luster going forward, but that they came in and changed the outlook from a club in a fight to win a division to a club looking to fit together. 

And I can certainly see Beckett and AGon (not so much Crawford, really, as he at least made every attempt to play according to what the team wanted from him even while significantly injured) spending too mych energy going around the clubhouse celebrating their escape from Boston, rather than digging in and joining the fray the rest of the guys were in.

You do have to wonder, though, if Mattingly didn't just shoot himself in the foot.  Both Beckett and Agon seem to be powerful forces who can have a negative impact if they have issues with their manager.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

As for Bobby and Youk...the OP has misread Valentine's statements, IMO.  And Youk is a hero to me.  Gone because he cared too much.  We might very well see a significant ressurection from him in NY.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As for Bobby and Youk...the OP has misread Valentine's statements, IMO.  And Youk is a hero to me.  Gone because he cared too much.  We might very well see a significant ressurection from him in NY.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Youk is a real nice pick-up by the yankees.  he is going to haunt the sox, i feel it in my bones.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I see it is not committing long term to a mediocore crop of free agents. This team may not win 95 games but he has made it much better.

Better than what?

The team we had on paper last preseason or the team that finished last year 7-26?

Nope, on the first one.

So what, to the second one. Better than 7-26 could be 70-92.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to BannedOnTheRun-1918's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah Youk is a real nice pick-up by the yankees.  he is going to haunt the sox, i feel it in my bones.

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right.

[/QUOTE]

Good to have you back, you sonnavabich

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I wish I'd thought of that moniker, though I would have put the year at 1919 or 1921 (the year Shoeless Joe was banned)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I wish I'd thought of that moniker, though I would have put the year at 1919 or 1921 (the year Shoeless Joe was banned)

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a cool play on words.

[/QUOTE]

it was pretty clever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a cool play on words.

[/QUOTE]

it was pretty clever

[/QUOTE]

Pike's head is going explode in fury.