Bobby V making changes: Sunday Lineup: Punto leading off, playing third/McDonald in left/Shoppach catching

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Bobby V making changes: Sunday Lineup: Punto leading off, playing third/McDonald in left/Shoppach catching

Couldn't produce any less than saturdays lineup did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Re: Bobby V making changes: Sunday Lineup: Punto leading off, playing third/McDonald in left/Shoppach catching

Looks like bubby v is going into panic mode already.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I wouldn't say panic mode, these lineups will happen more and more with Bobby at the helm, but I think he is smart enough to realize that the two sweeps to open the season kept the sox out of the playoffs just as much as the collapse at the end did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't mind the idea of shaking up the lineup , but to be honest , Punto , McDonald and Shoppach are not exactly a strong bench. Our lack of depth is very obvious. I would rather see a shakeup involving some of the Pawtucket talent being promoted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

This lineup already looks depleted & it's only the 3rd game of the season.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

look for mcdonald to carry over his tremendous ST and hopefully spark this offense. remember it started this way last year (and that was over the course of 12 games not just 2) until lowrie became the spark plug and then our high powered offense was born. its just going to take some time. the hitting will come, the most important thing today is Clay.

theres 160 games left i don't see how anybody can say "panic mode" after two games (especially if they're a yankes fan.... because you know, the yankees are 0-2 right now too. welcome to the boat.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Or maybe, just maybe he's simply trying to get these guys a few at bats...After two games, I doubt that Valentine or for that matter anyone on the roster or in the front office is all that concerned...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V making changes: Sunday Lineup: Punto leading off, playing third/McDonald in left/Shoppach catching:
    [QUOTE]Or maybe, just maybe he's simply trying to get these guys a few at bats...After two games, I doubt that Valentine or for that matter anyone on the roster or in the front office is all that concerned...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

I get the idea behind getting guys some ABs.  But you normally work them in one at a time, not all at once.  Sometimes, if it's a long road trip or a day game after a night game, or the dreaded WC trip, but a full bench on the 3rd game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd also wonder why he'd start Salty with Beckett on the mound, when that hasn't worked out in the past, and then Shoppach with Buchholz on the mound, even though Buchholz hasn't shown any issues pitching to Salty???

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Nothing to lose..........if they lose their third straight, the heat's off a few regulars.

Perhaps Bobby has a manager psychologist.  He'll sure need one in this town!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Bobby V making changes: Sunday Lineup: Punto leading off, playing third/McDonald in left/Shoppach catching:
    [QUOTE]WEEI: The Red Sox have a dramatically different look to their lineup Sunday,with Nick Punto not only replacing Kevin Youkilis at third base but also serving as the team's leadoff hitter. Darnell McDonald also get the start in left field, while Kelly Shoppach serves as Clay Buchholz's batter-mate. Here is the Red Sox batting order against Tigers' starter Max Scherzer: Nick Punto 3B Jacoby Ellsbury CF Dustin Pedroia 2B Adrian Gonzalez 1B David Ortiz DH Darnell McDonald LF Ryan Sweeney RF Mike Aviles SS Kelly Shoppach C
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I think our team in general is weak in too many areas. Aviles is normally a decent hitter but was moved out of the SS position and basically forgotten in KC because of the lack of defense. I also don't like the fact we don't have the option to play Lav at C or DH spot against certain hitters papi struggles with. Youk "in my opinion" is a huge key to our lineup, another sub par season probably hurts our PS and any chance Youks has of staying in Boston.

RF, I'm still up in the air with but do like what I have seen from Sweeney so far offensively. Our pitching depth will probably continue to be an issue, especially in the pen most of the season so we have our work cut out for us. Even if it took a few games to gel this would be my lineup when CC returns.

Jacoby CF
    Pede 2B
    Youk 3B
    Adrian 1B
    Papi or Lav in certain situations DH
    CC or Ross in certain situations LF
    Sweeney, Ross or Kalish RF
    Lav/Salty C
    Iglesias or give Ciraico a shot to see if he can handle the position. Iggy would supply our best defense but it would be nice, especially with our current lineup to have some offense out of the SS position as well.

Its only two games in but I'm just not comfortable our lineup is as good as some think. I was a huge fan of not bringing back DMac again because he reminds me of Drew. He can go on a short offensive streak but take most days off from playing aggressively. He seems to work harder for a job than to keep one in my opinion. Punto, Shoppach and Aviles are all utility guys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

For the holif=day season, Bobby V is testing our faith.

Not funny,  Bobby. Not funny at all.

And somewhere in America, Tito is chuckling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Bobby V making changes: Sunday Lineup: Punto leading off, playing third/McDonald in left/Shoppach catching:
    [QUOTE]WEEI: The Red Sox have a dramatically different look to their lineup Sunday,with Nick Punto not only replacing Kevin Youkilis at third base but also serving as the team's leadoff hitter. Darnell McDonald also get the start in left field, while Kelly Shoppach serves as Clay Buchholz's batter-mate. Here is the Red Sox batting order against Tigers' starter Max Scherzer: Nick Punto 3B Jacoby Ellsbury CF Dustin Pedroia 2B Adrian Gonzalez 1B David Ortiz DH Darnell McDonald LF Ryan Sweeney RF Mike Aviles SS Kelly Shoppach C
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]2-3-4-5 good. rest looks like junk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

I watched yesterday, the gopher balls, the muff at shortstop, the bobbles at first, it looked like most of the team was nervous to be on the field.  Failing to score lead off hitters who reach base.  The bullpen turning into the B-S pen in game one,  Just about everything that could have gone wrong yesterday and the game before  happened.
    This type of sloppy play was supposed to be worked out in Sprin Training. I just hope we are not seeing a carry over from the quitters from September. They looked like the old country club Sox, 25 cabs for 25 guys.
    There are still 160 games left, but there is no way many of these guys put their best athletic effort out the past two games.
    Oh yeah, the pitching staff , boy does it look wobbly.  I honestly can't see how the team can wait for Dice K to get healthy to be the answer.  Beckett looked like he was throwing BP to a Beer League Softball Team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

BV is just trying to get everyone in the lineup with so many days off in April. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Its only 2 games but I still would rather see Lavarnway up here than the Shoppach. The young guys just have more energy than retread veterans who are back ups for a reason.  And with our hitting being so good Iggy would fit right in but he might at least field a little better...lol.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

ACEVES, GOPHER BALL...... NEXT??????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

It does not matter what you to do the front end, if the back end.....is the MLB version of the Titanic. The B-S pen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

IF LAVARNWAY ISN'T READY FOR THE BIG TIME, THEN SHOPPACH
    ON THE OTHER HAND HAS HAD HIS DAY. HE IS DREADFUL AT THE
    PLATE AND HE CAN SHAKE HANDS WITH NICK PUNTO AND
    SALTALAMACCHIA. (THERE!! I'VE SPELLED IT !! } WHY IS YOUKILIS
    GETTING A DAY OFF ? IS HE TOO TIRED ?? AFTER ONLY TWO
    GAMES ?? WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM ?? WHO WANTS TO SEE
    A TWIN/CARDS CASTOFF PUNTO IN A LINEUP. PUNTO WAS
    A DISGRACE IN THE WS LAST YEAR. AN AUTOMATIC OUT. BUT
    HE SEEMS TO BE GOOD ENUF FOR THE SOX SINCE WE ARE NOT
    IN THE FREE AGENT MARKET AND OUR MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEM
    STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. LOTSA LUCK...SOX. ITS 4TH PLACE
    THIS SEASON...IF WE ARE LUCKY !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

I think bubby v is cracking. Even his panic move line up didn't work.

Although they did finally score some runs.......

Sections
Shortcuts