Bobby V on Olney's contention that there was discontent in the clubhouse: 'Who gives a darn?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Bobby V on Olney's contention that there was discontent in the clubhouse: 'Who gives a darn?

Bobby V dropping Truth Bombs!!

Buster Olney predicted that Jeter and Knoblauch would be the greatest double play combo in history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Bobby V on Olney's contention that there was discontent in the clubhouse: 'Who gives a darn?

Good for Bobby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

BV strikes back. I like it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

On point.  

Buster, you are Busted!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V on Olney's contention that there was discontent in the clubhouse: 'Who gives a darn?:
    [QUOTE]When Olney had a cult following that applauded when, circa 2009, Olney reported that a meeting was about to be held where a decision would be made about releasing David Ortiz. I've called him Buster Wedgie for about 5 years or more. He knows someone in the entertainment business, which is how nearly all of those idiots get media gigs.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

I can't decide what is more pathetic..... 1. Your need to shamelessly self promote ( Are you really that insecure?) or 2. That you are clearly proud of penning 'Buster Wedgie'. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i didnt realize the team was supposed to be chanting buddhist verses in unison....i am just happy to hear that they are refraining from eating the post game meal until after the game is actually over...sans beer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

There was another nugget that BV divulged on EEI: He said that someone from ownership came to him about saying "nice inning" to Middlebrooks after he made two errors. I can't believe that players have such influence w/ownership that crap like this finds its way to the top. The Red Sox have to be the gayest team on the face of the earth if even a passing remark like this is enough to warrant a reprimand by the ownership. Come on!

FWIW, I doubt it was Middlebrooks who took this to ownership. I'm guessing it was a "veteran" who probably thought that that was not how things were done around here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V on Olney's contention that there was discontent in the clubhouse: 'Who gives a darn?:
    [QUOTE]There was another nugget that BV divulged on EEI: He said that someone from ownership came to him about saying "nice inning" to Middlebrooks after he made two errors. I can't believe that players have such influence w/ownership that crap like this finds its way to the top. The Red Sox have to be the gayest team on the face of the earth if even a passing remark like this is enough to warrant a reprimand by the ownership. Come on! FWIW, I doubt it was Middlebrooks who took this to ownership. I'm guessing it was a "veteran" who probably thought that that was not how things were done around here.
    Posted by august271985[/QUOTE]

What's even more pathetic is if Bobby V. actually said that. You have a rookie who had a rough inning. I'm not saying the manager has to coddle the player. But saying a snarky remark like that -- how can you respect a manager like that.

I'd have more respect for Bobby V. if he simply went up to Middlebrooks and said, "Get you head out of azz and concentrate on what you're doing. We can't afford our 3B making two errors in an inning." Or something else straight forward, not a snide "nice inning."

It's stuff like that why I can't respect Bobby V. as a manager.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]There was another nugget that BV divulged on EEI: He said that someone from ownership came to him about saying "nice inning" to Middlebrooks after he made two errors. I can't believe that players have such influence w/ownership that crap like this finds its way to the top. The Red Sox have to be the gayest team on the face of the earth if even a passing remark like this is enough to warrant a reprimand by the ownership. Come on! FWIW, I doubt it was Middlebrooks who took this to ownership. I'm guessing it was a "veteran" who probably thought that that was not how things were done around here.
    Posted by august271985[/QUOTE]

first, ive been satng this for a while, ownership / upper mgt wants to micromanage team. why they got tito and not madden (a mistake) becasue tito woudl play along.

#2  please dont not use the term "gay" as a disparaging remark. just a fyi. to do so would be bigoted.

othrewise good post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V on Olney's contention that there was discontent in the clubhouse: 'Who gives a darn? : What's even more pathetic is if Bobby V. actually said that. You have a rookie who had a rough inning. I'm not saying the manager has to coddle the player. But saying a snarky remark like that -- how can you respect a manager like that. I'd have more respect for Bobby V. if he simply went up to Middlebrooks and said, "Get you head out of azz and concentrate on what you're doing. We can't afford our 3B making two errors in an inning." Or something else straight forward, not a snide "nice inning." It's stuff like that why I can't respect Bobby V. as a manager.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

That was my thought too, when I read it, roy. The fact BV doesn't see the problem with it, is the problem

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

What's more pathetic is that every time the Sox are playing well, WE HAVE TO HEAR THAT BOBBY VALENTINE SAYS SOMETHING AZZ-HOLIC ABOUT OR TO ONE OF HIS PLAYERS...WHY CAN'T HE EVER SHUT THE F UP.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

nice inning is passive aggressive nonsense...if bobby said that shame on him...like roy said, get your head out of your butt is direct and sincere...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Peter Abraham/Boston Globe: #RedSox mgr. Bobby Valentine on Josh Beckett getting booed at Fenway Park after being injured on Tuesday: “I didn’t get a feel for it. I’ve heard about it. Fans pay their money to be part of our experience and if someone’s displeased with my walking out on the field, someone’s swing, their throw or someone walking off the field, they’re paying the right to be displeased and to express whatever they want to express. I think when a guy gets hurts and he comes off the field, I’m not sure that’s the time to boo someone, personally. To each their own.”                   
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

As Felger put it this morning, it's exactly the right time to boo Beckett!!!

Sure!  He might have actually been hurt.  Probably because he PULLED HIS FAT!  As he is out of shape!  Just look at those chipmunk cheeks!!!

Beckett is out of shape, which is exactly why he keeps having these  freak injuries!

btw....  I thought the same thing before Felger said it.  BUT...  I don't give Beckett credit for even being injured.  I personally think he just doesn't give a s hit!  IF injured, it's because he is a FAT PIECE OF S HIT!

I wonder if he golfs tomorrow????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Bobby V even if you are let go this winter I hold nothing but best wishes for you. I am sorry you had to be given this mucked up team in the first place, they are unable to play the game the right way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V on Olney's contention that there was discontent in the clubhouse: 'Who gives a darn? : first, ive been satng this for a while, ownership / upper mgt wants to micromanage team. why they got tito and not madden (a mistake) becasue tito woudl play along. #2  please dont not use the term "gay" as a disparaging remark. just a fyi. to do so would be bigoted. othrewise good post.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Maddon is a great manager, but if it is all the same with you, I'm keeping my WS shirts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V on Olney's contention that there was discontent in the clubhouse: 'Who gives a darn? : Maddon is a great manager, but if it is all the same with you, I'm keeping my WS shirts.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

They are getting older and older. But sure, go ahead and keep them.

Sections
Shortcuts