Bobby V says he could have managed the Red Sox to a world Series this year too.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Bobby V says he could have managed the Red Sox to a world Series this year too.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/22/bobby-valentine-believes-he-could-have-managed-red-sox-to-world-series-this-year/

This guy is a complete lunatic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Bobby V says he could have managed the Red Sox to a world Series this year too.

BOSOX1942 thinks they would have won more games because he would handle the bullpen better.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Bobby V says he could have managed the Red Sox to a world Series this year too.

Everytime something goes right for the Red Sox this year, he always get involves.  Why the world NESN still interviewing him?

Stay away from that guy.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mountvernonclosed's comment:

Better question is whether John Farrell manages the Red Sox to a WS, last year. 

As pointed out by the Dodger, a team built around Gonzalez just can't win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I hate bobby v as much as the next guy, but what was he supposed to say?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was in wrong place - wrong time

[/QUOTE]

And he was and is a horrible manager.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I do not know what he was supposed to say.  But, I do know that there is no way for it to refelect positively on him to say "I coulda done that!"  It's the funniest/worst kind of 5 year old jealous/sour grapes response.  In fairness, it is very consistent with his character, so I suppose it was inevitable that he would say this when prompted.  Gotta hand it to him, awful manager but fantastic soundbite.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

completely expected response.  he is the softlaw of managers.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to mountvernonclosed's comment:
    [QUOTE]

awful manager

In 1995, Valentine began his first stint as manager of the Chiba Lotte Marines in the Japanese Pacific League. That season, the team surprised most Japanese baseball fans by finishing in second place (69–58–3), a remarkable feat for the Marines who had not won the Japanese Pacific league pennant since 1974.

Valentine led the Mets to a record of 97–66 and a wild card playoff berth in 1999. The Mets beat the Arizona Diamondbacks in four games (3–1) en route to the National League Championship Series, where they eventually lost to their division rival the Atlanta Braves in six games (4–2).

The Mets returned the following season, finishing the year with a 94–68 record and another wild card playoff berth. This time, the Mets would not be denied the pennant, winning the 2000 National League Championship Series by defeating the St. Louis Cardinals in five games (4–1). The Mets run would end during the 2000 World Series as they were beaten by their crosstown rival New York Yankees in five games (4–1).

In 2004, Valentine began his second stint as manager of the Chiba Lotte Marines. On October 17, 2005, he led the Marines to their first Pacific League pennant in 31 years after emerging victorious in a close playoff with the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks. Nine days later on October 26, the Marines won the Japan Series in a four game sweep of the Hanshin Tigers for the first time since 1974. On October 27, 2005, Valentine issued a challenge to the World Series champion Chicago White Sox on behalf of the Chiba Lotte Marines. Valentine called for a seven-game World Series to be played between the American and Japanese championship teams. Unlike the World Baseball Classic, a competition featuring sixteen national all-star teams, a World Series-styled tournament between the winners of both the American and Japanese championships has never been played.

Following their Japan Series championship, the Marines won the inaugural Asia Series by defeating the Samsung Lions of the Korea Baseball Organization in November 2005.

Valentine won the 2002 Branch Rickey Award for his donations and personal work with survivors of the September 11 attacks

Space, easy to expose poor character like you. Valentine's career as a manager has been good. His character is judged in deeds, not words. Unfortunately, American culture is a culture of poor character and words, which reflects character like you.

[/QUOTE]

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but links will never hurt me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Not in his wildest dreams could he have managed this team to the WS. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the big writeup on the front page of the Globe's sports section this morning. What was BDC thinking? Valentine should not even be part of this conversation. He was probably the worst manager I've ever seen in my lifetime last year. He was divisive and the players did not like him. I doubt you would have seen the kind of comraderie that is key in why this team is doing so well.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It is humorous that someone like Softy, a vile person with repugnant character can question anyone else. Did you mother ever teach you about glass houses?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to titomanageroftheyear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A WS and a Japanese league title and 911 Service award aren't "links", space. You have manifest bad character. 

[/QUOTE]

Always good for a chuckle Tito.  Allow me to redeem myself after demonstrating 'manifest bad character':  Valentine was a solid manager back in the day, was a really good manager in Japan, is a very smart baseball guy, and an overall swell dude ... but last year, he was an absolute horror show from beginning to dismal end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Farrell does owe a good portion of his success to Valentine.

If Valentine had not turned a 90 win team into a 69 win team so unbelievably quickly, would we hold Farrell in the same regard?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe admit that he did a bad job?

Maybe not pretend the a lie is the truth?

Maybe don't say anything at all?

I could go on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Valentine had not turned a 90 win team into a 69 win team so unbelievably quickly, would we hold Farrell in the same regard?

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Sucess is relative.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I was a Bobby V supporter and thought he was hired to turn this talented team around in 2012 after the chickengate nonsense....well he failed, and did so spectacularly....yea he was undercut by whiny players like Pedroia and not supported by Ben who never wanted him in the first place. However at the end of the day you must own what happened...he has not and that only makes me think Ben was right 100% about not wanting him and wanting Farrell.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Sucess is relative.

[/QUOTE]

Funny - Agreed

Sections
Shortcuts