Bobby V. taken to the woodshed by Management & Ownership for making a comment to a player: Part II, Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Bobby V. taken to the woodshed by Management & Ownership for making a comment to a player: Part II, Middlebrooks

I will preface this by saying that I have very little respect for Bobby V. as a manager.  His time has past, and I view him as a major league JOKE!  To me, he comes off as a joke every time he opens his mouth, and it seems clear that the players have zero respect for the guy.  Granted, ownership & management have completely undermined the guy, but he does a fine job of marginalizing himself on a regular basis!  Ultimately, OWNERSHIP & MANAGEMENT ARE COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DEBACLE, but Bobby V. bears a good deal of responsibility for not having what it takes to be an effective leader........

^^^  If you don't know the story???  little bobby v. apparently made a flippant comment to Will Middlebrooks as he came back to the dugout after making 2 or 3 errors in one inning.  Bobby V. said something to the effect of, "NICE INNING KID&(."  After which, somebody immediately ran to management and ownership, tattling on bobby v????    ARE YOU F'n KIDDING ME?????

* Clearly NOTHING has changed since last September!  THE INMATES ARE ARE STILL RUNNING THE ASYLUM!!!!

**  It is beyond belief and absurdity that Will Middlebrook, or somebody watching the interaction on the bench, would run to ownership and management, complaining about Bobby V. making a flippant comment about Middlebrooks making 2 errors in one inning.  

***  While the efficacy of dealing with Middlebrooks penchant for making errors in that flippant way by little bobby v. can easily be criticized, IT IS BEYOND BELIEF THAT ANY PLAYER WOULD STILL FEEL EMPOWERED TO TAKE SUCH A JUVENILE STEP IN DEALING WITH THIS SITUATION!!!!!  UN F'n BELIEVABLE!!!!

****  If the story is true, and little bobby v. was taken to the woodshed for making a critical, albeit "flippant" remark to Middlebrooks, THIS MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP HAVE COMPLETELY LOST CONTROL OF THIS TEAM!!!!  BOBBY V. DOES NOT HAVE A PRAYER OF MANAGING EFFECTIVELY WITH HIS LEGS AND TORSO CUT OUT FROM UNDER HIM!!!!!

*****  The only way this situation makes any sense in bringing this team together for a run down the stretch, IS IF THEY ARE PLANNING TO CAN LITTLE BOBBY V. VERY SOON!!!  TODAY!!!!  THIS SITUATION IS COMPLETELY UNTENABLE OTHERWISE!!!!!  NO MANAGER!  NO MATTER HOW BAD HIS STYLE MAY BE!!!  CAN EFFECTIVELY MANAGE WITHOUT SOME SEMBLANCE OF AUTHORITY!!!!!   NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said at the beginning, while I can't stand little bobby v., and always have thought he was absolutely the wrong guy for this job, THE OWNERS & UPPER MANAGEMENT ARE COMPLETELY TO BLAME FOR THIS TOTAL DYSFUNCTION!!!!!

!!!   THIS TEAM DOES NOT HAVE A PRAYER OF COMING TOGETHER WITH THIS PROFOUND ORGANIZATIONAL DYSFUNCTION!!!!!

@   LUCHINO MUST GO!!!!!

&    PERHAPS BEN C. MUST GO TOO!!!!!!

%    THIS ORGANIZATION IS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Bobby V. taken to the woodshed by Management & Ownership for making a comment to a player: Part II, Middlebrooks

See full size image

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Bobby V. taken to the woodshed by Management & Ownership for making a comment to a player: Part II, Middlebrooks

just my two coppers, this shouldn't be turned into a forest fire before being established as truth.. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V. taken to the woodshed by Management & Ownership for making a comment to a player: Part II, Middlebrooks:
    [QUOTE]just my two coppers, this shouldn't be turned into a forest fire before being established as truth.. 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]not to the OP..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

HUH ???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Lucchino isn't going anywhere.

Bobby Valentine will be given plenty of rope. If he hangs himself with it....so be it.

But yes, I agree with you pretty close to 99%.

Perhaps Bobby V. has Thirdbaggeritis: the fear of 3rd basemen....remember he had issues with Youkilis too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Incomprehensible OP. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

While I am trying to work (on my own time Softy), if I heard correctly, it was little bobby v. I just heard confirming the situation???

99% sure it was bobby v. himself.  In his own words, admitting that he was taken to the woodshed.

BEYOND BELIEF!  A COMPLETE LEVEL 5, CORE EXPOSING, NUCLEAR MELTDOWN OF THIS ORGANIZATION! 

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO LOOK AT THIS SITUATION!  NONE!!!

BOBBY V. IS DEFINITELY A JOKE!  I HATE HIM FOR THIS JOB!!  HE MUST GO TODAY!!!    BUT......  HE IS NOT TO BLAME FOR THIS ORGANIZATIONAL MELTDOWN!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V. taken to the woodshed by Management & Ownership for making a comment to a player: Part II, Middlebrooks:
    [QUOTE]Lucchino isn't going anywhere. Bobby Valentine will be given plenty of rope. If he hangs himself with it....so be it. But yes, I agree with you pretty close to 99%. Perhaps Bobby V. has Thirdbaggeritis: the fear of 3rd basemen....remember he had issues with Youkilis too.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Love the coining of this term, "Thirdbaggeritis!"    LOL    :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Incomprehensible OP. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

As in, you are incredulous of this having happened as presented????

OR

I, personally, was "incomprehensible," in my presentation.  Unable to be understood?  Incoherent??  etc.???

:)  I can get that way with my verbosity!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I feel a little bad about stepping on the other post by CC, but I disagree with her answer to the situation!  Profoundly!  Missing the big picture!!  No "fixing" this situation with bobby v.  The dye is cast!  He has no chance at effective leadership or management.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Incomprehensible OP. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

+1.

I start seeing !!!!!!!!! and ****** and sentences of CAPS DOWN THE WHOLE PAGE, and I just stop reading.

I agree with most of the first paragraph though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V. taken to the woodshed by Management & Ownership for making a comment to a player: Part II, Middlebrooks : +1. I start seeing !!!!!!!!! and ****** and sentences of CAPS DOWN THE WHOLE PAGE, and I just stop reading. I agree with most of the first paragraph though.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Sorry!  I admit it!  I am a serial CAP offender.  I guess I always thought it help with the emphasis???

PERHAPS NOT?????    :)  

I'll try to work on that!  I'm not sure I caN gO coLd turkEy thouGh????

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhh!  I can't do iT!   :(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

btw....

What's with the little gold star after each OP on the front burner.  What does a guy have to do to get one???   NO no no no!  I don't want one now!  I'm not of the "everybody should get a gold star modern mentality.  They should be earned! 

Just curious!  How are they "given out," and by whom???

:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Oh, come on!
    Can you imagine Pat's players running to Bob Kraft, every time Bill Parcells ripped into them, with his cutting comments?
    To have the chain of command so violated is wrong.
    Luccino should have thrown the fink out.
    What is this, kindergarten?
    I feel bad for Valentine. He's stuck with Francona's coaches, and wasn't even allowed the luxury of hiring his own people!
    Now you have a creep like Gary Tuck, not even speaking to his manager.
    Tuck should be fired immediately.
    Again, Valentine was hired to change the culture in the clubhouse, only to be undermined by the very people who brought him in.
    What a mess!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]btw.... What's with the little gold star after each OP on the front burner.  What does a guy have to do to get one???   NO no no no!  I don't want one now!  I'm not of the "everybody should get a gold star modern mentality.  They should be earned!  Just curious!  How are they "given out," and by whom??? :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Don't know.  I've either never noticed those before or they are new.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

righty, it is a mess....Anytime you saddle a new manager with old coaches, you are asking for trouble. Just one time I would love to see a team be smart enough to go "ok, the entire staff is done," then hire the manager, then let him hand-pick his coaches. My god, don't you want the manager and coaches on the same page? The Sox apparently don't. Dave Magadan is considereed a pretty good batting coach and Tuck a good bullpen coach, but they both should have been jetisoned the moment Tito "resigned." Which is another way of saying you're fired.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, come on! Can you imagine Pat's players running to Bob Kraft, every time Bill Parcells ripped into them, with his cutting comments? To have the chain of command so violated is wrong. Luccino should have thrown the fink out. What is this, kindergarten? I feel bad for Valentine. He's stuck with Francona's coaches, and wasn't even allowed the luxury of hiring his own people! Now you have a creep like Gary Tuck, not even speaking to his manager. Tuck should be fired immediately. Again, Valentine was hired to change the culture in the clubhouse, only to be undermined by the very people who brought him in. What a mess!
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

I agree with 99% of what you say!  Well, perhaps it's closer to 12/13ths??

Whatever the case, the only thing I disagree with is "feeling bad for bobby v."  If he were an effective organizational communicator, and basically not a total fool every time he opens his mouth in front of the media, I would feel sorry for him.  as it is, he simply comes off as somewhat of a clown!

All your other points are right on!

*  Bobby V. must go now!
    *  A number of players, including but not exclusively, Beckett, LACKEY, Crawford,  & Dice-K, must go in the off season!
    *  Luchino should be GONE!  Where does the buck stop?????
    *  A Manager who is beyond reproach must be brought in soon!  With FULL AUTHORITY to make whatever moves necessary to get control of the players!  ALL OPTIONS on the table!  ZERO tolerance for questioning his authority!  Clear lines of authority!  Open lines of communication!  FULL & UNWAVERING support from ownership & management!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]righty, it is a mess....Anytime you saddle a new manager with old coaches, you are asking for trouble. Just one time I would love to see a team be smart enough to go "ok, the entire staff is done," then hire the manager, then let him hand-pick his coaches. My god, don't you want the manager and coaches on the same page? The Sox apparently don't. Dave Magadan is considereed a pretty good batting coach and Tuck a good bullpen coach, but they both should have been jetisoned the moment Tito "resigned." Which is another way of saying you're fired.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

When the boss is canned in any organization, the entire staff does not get canned!  I see your point, but it was not a must!!! 

It was all about the wishy washy rushed choice of Bobby V., that was clearly not a unanimous choice!  It's all about WHO's calling the ultimate shots, & what is the institutional authority flow chart.  From day one of the choice for bobby v., the RS allowed open dissention, thus putting him behind the 8 ball.  THIS should never have been tolerated!!!  While Bobby V. was clearly the wrong choice, everybody should have been singing from the same hymnal.  ZERO division!  "Bobby V's in charge, and can run this team as he sees fit, with complete authority to make any moves he deems appropriate with respect to the roles of players and coaches!  If things are working out for bobby, he can keep things as they are, visa vi. assistant coaches.  If not????"

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE LINE!!!!   Except for the fact that they all knew little bobby v. was a "loose cannon," at the very least.  A complete clown, at worst.

Bobby V. was doomed to fail, even if he wasn't a clown!

Luchino should BE FIRED TODAY!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm with you on LL...I'm tired of his act too, but he's got so much power/leverage as an executive, and Henry's trust. What LL needs to do is bow out gracefully, just resign at some point. His time is over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]righty, it is a mess....Anytime you saddle a new manager with old coaches, you are asking for trouble. Just one time I would love to see a team be smart enough to go "ok, the entire staff is done," then hire the manager, then let him hand-pick his coaches. My god, don't you want the manager and coaches on the same page? The Sox apparently don't. Dave Magadan is considereed a pretty good batting coach and Tuck a good bullpen coach, but they both should have been jetisoned the moment Tito "resigned." Which is another way of saying you're fired.

The Red Sox remind me of SO MANY dysfunctional schools, where the teachers absolutely ignore whatever the principal says, knowing they CAN'T lose their jobs.  SO MANY teachers believe that THEY, themselves, are their ultimate boss!  They know they can't be fired, and realize the principal is rarely backed up by the administration.

It's a very destructive dynamic! 

It's very difficult for teachers to get away with this when ALL LEVELS of administration are on the same page, and the Authority flow chart is not to be questioned.  There also must be consequences when authority is openly flouted!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with you on LL...I'm tired of his act too, but he's got so much power/leverage as an executive, and Henry's trust. What LL needs to do is bow out gracefully, just resign at some point. His time is over.

Dont count on it, danny. just gave him an extension/new contract

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yeah, i know, it's wishful thinking. The only sword LL would take is Excaliber, but he'd work a deal with King Arthur to finagle it off him.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

do you always post the same thing on different threads...it's your nature.