Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks

In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : He is great.  He's just third-ballot great, not 99% first-ballot great.  Let's face it - there's a Hall of Fame within a Hall of Fame these days, and Jeter belongs next to Barry Larkin and Roberto Alomar, not Ted Williams and Babe Ruth.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    I love Jeter, but that's a fair assessment, slomag...Still, I think Bobby V. is trying too hard to be the darling of the Boston fans...Comments like this, before spring training games have even started, seem overcompensatory at best, and downright silly at worst...I could see if they had just played a regular season game with the Yanks and the NY media were unnecessarily hyping some defensive play by Jeter...But to gratuitously spout off about A-Rod and Jeter out of the blue to convince everyone in New England that this Connecticut kid really does hate the Yankees suggests that there might indeed be a few cards missing on the deck of the Good Ship Valentine...And that is coming from someone who has been applauding his moves up to this point...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks:
    [QUOTE]You have to love that Bobby V has gotten into the spirit of the rivalry and his honesty. http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7626289/2012-spring-training-bobby-valentine-takes-jabs-yankees-alex-rodriguez-derek-jeter I found particularly interesting his take on the Jeter Flip throw and Ramon Hernandez's comment.....I went to You Tube and looked at a video of the play again and it seems to be Bobby may be right.....Jeter catches the Ball on a hop as it its on the fair side of the 1st base line....seemingly right on line for Posada. His momentum carries him well into foul ground. This is similar to Jeter's famous dive into the stands play.....which ESPN I think gave the Web gem of the year.....A great great catch, but completely overrated....Jeter catches the ball in Fair Territory and then smartly dives into the stands to save himself from a wall collision....though most Yankee fans will tell you he dove into the stands to catch the ball.  The link below has both plays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poNyniQ5eCY
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Agree, Tommy ....  

I laughed out loud when I heard this! A NYY friend of mine asked me who Valentine thought he was ....

I said, chest stuck out (which ain't no big thing), "A RED SOX!!!"

I smiled the rest the day.

Love it.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

[QUOTE]TheRed Sox have a little more fiscal sanity than the Yankees who spend unlimitedly, and that is what gets them into the playoffs every year with a chance at aWold Series. They would never have signed Jeter to the contract that the Yankees did in the twilight of his career when there were no other bidders for him at all. The Yankees wanted him to voluntarily move to another position several years ago and he would not do it. In response to "Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Your grapes are way too sour, best to just leave it alone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That idiot Kirk Minihan on WEEI went on and on about Bobby V making unnecessary problems for the team. I can admit I have always wanted to bytch-slap Minihan so his repetitive complaints about Bobby did not help to alleviate my desire to do so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I may be a Sox fan, but I do respect Jeter as a player who plays the game right.  He never shoots off his mouth, never criticizes other players openly and is a gentleman in all respects to the game.  I remember a Sox SS that was once in the elite of the game, and I saw how Sox FO treated him.  At least the Yanks do take care of their own.  Watch what happens to Youk one day in the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Wallace Matthews' admittedly Yankee-leaning take on the Valentine Way Massacre is pretty entertaining... http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7630511/2012-spring-training-new-york-yankees-bobby-valentine-head

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]That idiot Kirk Minihan on WEEI went on and on about Bobby V making unnecessary problems for the team. I can admit I have always wanted to bytch-slap Minihan so his repetitive complaints about Bobby did not help to alleviate my desire to do so.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Not that it matters, Burrito, but you have my total support...slap away

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : Not that it matters, Burrito, but you have my total support...slap away
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Minihan is another one that's figured out "contrarian = internet hits".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No sour grapes just the truth.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : Your grapes are way too sour, best to just leave it alone.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I agree with you on how the Red Sox treated Garciaparra. They did offer him a 60 million dollar contract over 4 years and he turned it down. That appears to be a very bad judgmental decision now that you look at it.

With Jeter I hope that he maintained his longevity the natural way and not through what many of his teamates were doing in the 90s and early 2000s as well. 

[QUOTE]I may be a Sox fan, but I do respect Jeter as a player who plays the game right.  He never shoots off his mouth, never criticizes other players openly and is a gentleman in all respects to the game.  I remember a Sox SS that was once in the elite of the game, and I saw how Sox FO treated him.  At least the Yanks do take care of their own.  Watch what happens to Youk one day in the future.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]