Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks

You have to love that Bobby V has gotten into the spirit of the rivalry and his honesty.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7626289/2012-spring-training-bobby-valentine-takes-jabs-yankees-alex-rodriguez-derek-jeter

I found particularly interesting his take on the Jeter Flip throw and Ramon Hernandez's comment.....I went to You Tube and looked at a video of the play again and it seems to be Bobby may be right.....Jeter catches the Ball on a hop as it its on the fair side of the 1st base line....seemingly right on line for Posada.
    His momentum carries him well into foul ground.

This is similar to Jeter's famous dive into the stands play.....which ESPN I think gave the Web gem of the year.....A great great catch, but completely overrated....Jeter catches the ball in Fair Territory and then smartly dives into the stands to save himself from a wall collision....though most Yankee fans will tell you he dove into the stands to catch the ball. 

The link below has both plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poNyniQ5eCY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks

Atta boy Bobby. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I'm warming up to this guy alreadyCoolLaughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks:
    Atta boy Bobby. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

BobbyV loves to SPAR...he is setting the Yankees up for a left hook...what is the over/under of BobbyV being ejected for the season?...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipvan. Show chipvan's posts

I am a Red Sox fan, but I love the way Jeter plays the game. With that said, I agree on both accounts. I have said it for a few years that Giambi would have been out without the flip. I also thought the catch in the stands was over rated. In fact Pokey Reese made a similar catch that weekend that was better than Jeter's. I will give credit to Jeter that he showed no fear going into the stands, but the catch itself wasn't that great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm telling you, this guy is gonna be great for the Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

LOL,   +1 for Bobby

Chipvan, I agree, Pokey's catch was better!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

Valentine is an idiot. Jealous of the Yankees. I remember when he was with the Mets, major embarrassment to himself and that organization. Valentines ways dont work good with veteran ball clubs. A major step back from tito. Varitek beat up Arod? Valentine werent you one of many that joked Varitek did it with his mask on. Dude is a clown... never a dull moment this idiot. When it comes to class you guys are soooo gonna miss Tito. By mid season redsox nation will want him gone. I remember when he wore the fake outfit so he could stay in the game....you have to like him ur stuck with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Valentine is an idiot. Jealous of the Yankees. I remember when he was with the Mets, major embarrassment to himself and that organization. Valentines ways dont work good with veteran ball clubs. A major step back from tito. Varitek beat up Arod? Valentine werent you one of many that joked Varitek did it with his mask on. Dude is a clown... never a dull moment this idiot. When it comes to class you guys are soooo gonna miss Tito. By mid season redsox nation will want him gone. I remember when he wore the fake outfit so he could stay in the game....you have to like him ur stuck with him.
    Posted by majormathew

Yankee homer poster who can't find the ' key on his keyboard. It's the key with the mustard on it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Anyone who takes a shot at the Yankees is okay in my book.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Good for him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Good for him
    Posted by jackbu

I read the entire thread and can't find one reference to David Ortiz, Papi, or Big Papi. Why are you here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Posted by majormathew

MM - did you actually take this personally?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

You're kidding me.
    Then again it isn't as though I didn't expect it.
    I just hope I don't hear a drum roll or circus music whenever he's about to speak in the future.

He certainly has positioned himself as the antomym to Bill Belichick.

Applauding a clown for calling out clowns for being clowns though?
    That's clownish.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhapsodyInBlue. Show RhapsodyInBlue's posts

Bobby was a good mgr. when he was with the Mets here in NY, I think he'll do a great job with the Sox, they could use a little fire after last year.

Pitching and overall health will determine if the Sox or the my Yankees prevail!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhapsodyInBlue. Show RhapsodyInBlue's posts

In Response to Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : I'll give you 1 and keep 1 I don't think the ball gets 2 posada in time without the flip which is why giambi didn't slide the jeter play was over rated arod made the best play in that game   with that double play that looked a triple play for a minute that throw from his knees over the runner to the catcher was outstanding but what made jeters play so sweet besides the tie score and all was after they showed his bloody face the camera panned the sox dugout showing the sulking nomar in the corner never again did we hear how nomar was better
    Posted by pinstripezac

Good point.

The next season Yankee fans heard that AGon was better.

Season following Renteria.

To be continued--;-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks:
    You have to love that Bobby V has gotten into the spirit of the rivalry and his honesty. http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7626289/2012-spring-training-bobby-valentine-takes-jabs-yankees-alex-rodriguez-derek-jeter I found particularly interesting his take on the Jeter Flip throw and Ramon Hernandez's comment.....I went to You Tube and looked at a video of the play again and it seems to be Bobby may be right.....Jeter catches the Ball on a hop as it its on the fair side of the 1st base line....seemingly right on line for Posada. His momentum carries him well into foul ground. This is similar to Jeter's famous dive into the stands play.....which ESPN I think gave the Web gem of the year.....A great great catch, but completely overrated....Jeter catches the ball in Fair Territory and then smartly dives into the stands to save himself from a wall collision....though most Yankee fans will tell you he dove into the stands to catch the ball.  The link below has both plays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poNyniQ5eCY
    Posted by tomnev

You have to give Bobby V credit for making it interesting, with a pinch of marketing thrown in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhapsodyInBlue. Show RhapsodyInBlue's posts

In Response to Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : You have to give Bobby V credit for making it interesting, with a pinch of marketing thrown in.
    Posted by nhsteven

And a good manager you can sure he will have the Sox focused in 2012.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Go Bobby V!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : no need to,endearing himself to the Nation', good baseball mind, always been a bit smug...works for him, can't knock that...unfortunately those boobz at the NY Post will surely take this and run...
    Posted by jete02fan

Again, I don't know why Major Mathew takes it all so personally and the Post should run with this. Bobby V is the one who tutored Rex Ryan in how to run your mouth when you should just shut up. But that is what makes him Bobby V. Good for Bobby - you do what you have to in order to have your team feel you always have their backs. 

Bobby basically called Torre and the Yanks F.O. liars for saying that no one practices the double cut-off which NY has professed for years that they do this. A little tacky, but so what. Whether he thinks Jeter made a good play is immaterial at this point. It was over 10 years ago.

Should be a good baseball season. Bobby, Maddon and Girardi - 3 lovable guys.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

I love the National Media rolling their eyes at Bobby Valentine today.

(cue circus music)

To Echo it every. single. year.....

THE BOSTON RED SOX ARE DEFINED, AS AN ORGINAZATION BY TALKING ABOUT THEIR BELOVED NEW YORK YANKEES. (Who can blame them, a mere few months after Chicken Gate)

The YANKEE CAPTAIN shouldn't be discussed while discussing Jason Veritek's retirement. While it's PREDICTABLE, Its disprespectful to Veritek.

I FOR ONE will not pick on Veritek today. But, lets agree. Derek Jeter wouldn't have sat by while his teammates bagged it in last season. What did 'Tek do??

I think Jason saw his only option was to leave before the circus made its way around the country. People are laughing today - and will probably continue too. Bobby Valentine is truly making imbacles out of a team already the joke of the sport.

HAVE FUN KIDS!!

Sections
Shortcuts