Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks

In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : I'll give you 1 and keep 1 I don't think the ball gets 2 posada in time without the flip which is why giambi didn't slide the jeter play was over rated arod made the best play in that game   with that double play that looked a triple play for a minute that throw from his knees over the runner to the catcher was outstanding but what made jeters play so sweet besides the tie score and all was after they showed his bloody face the camera panned the sox dugout showing the sulking nomar in the corner never again did we hear how nomar was better
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]
    Zac,

I can't argue with those points..very plausible. The National media even more so than the NY media is enraptured with Jeter to the point where I get the impression even Jeter thought it was ridiculous at times, since to him he is just playing the way your supposed to play.....of course that can drive Sox fans like me(especialy when you live in the Ny area) nuts. I find the rivalry such a fun part of the season though....so it is great that Bobby V seems to want to foster those feelings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]TAMPA, Fla. -- To Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez , the words of Bobby Valentine are one big shrug of the shoulders. "I'm indifferent, really," Jeter said on Wednesday in regards to comments Valentine made. "I don't know Bobby well enough to know what he's trying to do. I could care less. I guess that's the best way to put it." "We do practice it, but not the flip home," Jeter said. "But who cares? Why are we talking about this? He must be bored over there, huh? I don't understand." Jeter also invited reporters to come to the field to watch the Yankees practice the play. "A lot of people have said that I wasn't supposed to be there, but I've told you from day one that's where I'm supposed to be, that's what we work on," he said. "He's not the first person that said that. I invite all you guys out there to see that I'm in the same spot every time." Rodriguez at first said he hadn't heard Valentine's comments. When the statement was repeated to Rodriguez, he laughed. "Like I've said, guys, I'm not gonna win many battles here when it comes to words, especially against Bobby," he said. "But I will tell you this, I got my new press secretary that should be landing in couple of days, Reggie Jackson, so I'll let him handle that, all right?"
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

And this is why I don't like Jeter! He gives us NOTHIN'!! LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jeter's comments sound like he did care. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wideright. Show wideright's posts

Not sure why he feels making these comments are worthwile. I get a little concerned whenever a manager keeps making himself the centre of attention.

Think he will do a good job, just wish he would talk less

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Jeter his career winding down now w/5 rings couldn't care less what happened 10 years ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure why he feels making these comments are worthwile. I get a little concerned whenever a manager keeps making himself the centre of attention. Think he will do a good job, just wish he would talk less
    Posted by wideright[/QUOTE]

It's Bobby V. I didn't expect any less...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure why he feels making these comments are worthwile. I get a little concerned whenever a manager keeps making himself the centre of attention. Think he will do a good job, just wish he would talk less
    Posted by wideright[/QUOTE]

While I agree with the concern and have my own lingering fear of what happens when his first player issues come up, I actually like him being the mouth in this crazy time.  After September, the players need some heat of of them, and if Bobby is willing to take that on himself, which he obviously is, good.  He has no issue being a lightning rod and with this particular Sox club, in this particular time, I think that is and will be an asset

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : While I agree with the concern and have my own lingering fear of what happens when his first player issues come up, I actually like him being the mouth in this crazy time.  After September, the players need some heat of of them, and if Bobby is willing to take that on himself, which he obviously is, good.  He has no issue being a lightning rod and with this particular Sox club, in this particular time, I think that is and will be an asset
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

As long as he doesn't take things too far, as far as criticizing players in public, I'm good with it.

But, it's a fine line. If he goes too far, things could get ugly in the clubhouse.

Privately, he can flog them for not running out grounders, for all I care. Publicly, he's got to be careful.

And he can take all the shots at the Yankees he wants!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

Maybe ur right jessey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Only one thing I can say and this is based on his time in NY - Bobby has a gigantic ego and players who try and block that ego will find themselves in his doghouse very quickly.

Should be a great season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : While I agree with the concern and have my own lingering fear of what happens when his first player issues come up, I actually like him being the mouth in this crazy time.  After September, the players need some heat of of them, and if Bobby is willing to take that on himself, which he obviously is, good.  He has no issue being a lightning rod and with this particular Sox club, in this particular time, I think that is and will be an asset
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Once again Spaceman,you nailed it.Valentine is putting the media's focus on him rather than bothering the players about last years collapse.It's a great tactic used by a lot of coaches or managers in time of controversy.It's what Rex Ryan does best,although I hope Valentine won't guarantee a World Series win yet. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

what's the over under for fights breaking out between the SOx and Yanks this year?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : define care
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

As soon as someone says who cares, you now they could. "He must be bored over there"...."I invite all you guys out there".... sounded annoyed and defensive, not indifferent. He admitted "I COULD care less" Wink

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : Once again Spaceman,you nailed it.Valentine is putting the media's focus on him rather than bothering the players about last years collapse.It's a great tactic used by a lot of coaches or managers in time of controversy.It's what Rex Ryan does best,although I hope Valentine won't guarantee a World Series win yet. 
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I remember Coach Krzyzewski coaching a point guard who was apprehensive on taking the last shot to win the game, because if he missed he would be the goat. Coach K replied, "take the shot for me, and if you miss, then I missed"...he transfered the responsibility to himself...love that stuff...

BobbyV spoke with Bill Belichick this year, love to been a fly on the wall for that one...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : As long as he doesn't take things too far, as far as criticizing players in public, I'm good with it. But, it's a fine line. If he goes too far, things could get ugly in the clubhouse. Privately, he can flog them for not running out grounders, for all I care. Publicly, he's got to be careful. And he can take all the shots at the Yankees he wants!!
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

I am with you. The fear that i had with his hiring in the first place was that, if he got public with his player issues, as he has in the past, it could really turn into a disaster in Boston.  Lets hope he has changed.  I do think his time in Japan and his natural mellowing of age have profoundly changed the man for the better, so hopefully he understands the delicate situation.  But, yeah, clubhouse could go sour quick if starts grandstanding with his players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]what's the over under for fights breaking out between the SOx and Yanks this year?
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

.5 and I'm taking the under.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V Takes shot at Yanks : .5 and I'm taking the under.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

#1 reason to make sure Padilla is on the opening day roster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Jeter is annoyed because he knows he is a defensive liability.  If not for the credit he gets for 'sure hands' and 'intangibles' like always being in the right position, there would be no argument for him to stay at SS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Bell rings at 3:05pm @ Fenway Park 4/20...BobbyV vs Joe "Elliott" Girardi...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Bell rings at 3:05pm @ Fenway Park 4/20...BobbyV vs Joe "Elliott" Girardi...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Girardi was moonlighting as the lead singer for Def Leppard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Bell rings at 3:05pm @ Fenway Park 4/20...BobbyV vs Joe "Elliott" Girardi...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

4/20,I think there's something else special about that day too.Innocent