Bobby V threatens to punch Ordway in the mouth and says he is "miserable".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Bobby V threatens to punch Ordway in the mouth and says he is "miserable".

I don't know what I was thinking when I said he was a bad fit for this team back in March.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/bobby-valentine-weei-interview/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Bobby V threatens to punch Ordway in the mouth and says he is

Good fit or bad fit, there was certainly no other way that it could have unfolded.  What?Bobby V. gets beligerent with the Boston press and developes contentious relationships with his players??  I never woulda thunk it!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I will say that it was Jim Rome of Ordway to ask that...I would be disgusted too if people harped on the son at the airport issue as being in some way related to him "mailing it in." I think he has mailed it in on the field, and in the dugout. Not outside the dugout where if anything he's fighting back. Not in a smart way, but he's agitated and it's honest. Now I'm defending BV. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He just can't handle bad press. It just sends him off the deep end. But if you can't stand the Heat in Boston's Kitchen, then leave.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

How about the media be held to the same account?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I agree with this quaint notion Iceman.  But the realpolitik of the Sox world has nothing to do with media being held to any account.  And that inherent truth is part of managing in Boston, and no small part.  Job requirements: be able to protect players and allow them to focus on baseball amidst the no-account media, be able to either diffuse no-account nonsense and let it roll off your back or be an equal in sparring (fat chance).   Most of Francona's detractors have no clue how difficult and important a part of the job that is, and how good a job he did with it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I think Bobby Valentine is actually my mother-in-law in disguise. This would actually explain a lot. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yes Clam.  This was the approach of Francona.  The players had 5 stock sentences they applied to every single question from media and Terry himself used a highly sophisticated matrix of aw-shucks double-speak that actually said absolutely nothing.  Worked great.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Clamshack1 comment:
    [QUOTE]

The manager, FO, and players ahould just stop talking to the media. Muzzle them.

[/QUOT

you should also be able to reactivate mikeyinthebronx, strike while the irons hot, mikey

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Good for bobb v......about time someone starting sticking it to the media

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

J-BAY: kst is gonna love you for that. :)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Yes Clam.  This was the approach of Francona.  The players had 5 stock sentences they applied to every single question from media and Terry himself used a highly sophisticated matrix of aw-shucks double-speak that actually said absolutely nothing.  Worked great.

Yup, torre and Tito had that down pat.  Jeter too.  You could interview any one of them for 45 minutes, they'd answer every question, and the writer would walk away with an empty notepad.  actually, most managers have this,maybe not Guillen.  My guess is that BV has started more controveries this year than the other 29 managers combined.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Good for bobb v......about time someone starting sticking it to the media

maybe hugh, but just heard a portion of it on the Boston News.  BV sounded like a raging lunatic. He maybe admitted to Mass General before all is said and done. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lol....poor man.  I actually feel sorry for bobby.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

mikey doesnt have the balls to come back as himself, AB. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:

mikey doesnt have the balls to come back as himself, AB. 

[/QUOTE]

Mikey's a piece of work allright. Check out where he calls me a jerk in BDC Dotties sticky post. It's pretty funny.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Youre not even close to pike, mikey. no cigar for you!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

My mistake, pike. But hey, since you have such a rich full one, maybe you can tell me where I can get a life.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bobby V cant handle the media even close to how Tito did. With that said, the media doesnt care about the truth they just care about getting a reaction, and BV is their puppet right now...using pretty underhanded tactics too. They knew his son came into town and knew they could get a reaction out of him. All they had to do was check the arrival time from the airport website to know the truth. BV shouldve made it short and sweet and NOT let them get to him, as hard as that may have been. With that said, I think some here in the media SHOULD get popped in the snotlocker every once in a while for some of the things they do/say.

Sections
Shortcuts