Bobby V threatens to punch Ordway in the mouth and says he is "miserable".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Bobby V threatens to punch Ordway in the mouth and says he is

Awww, it's really sweet of you to be so concerned there, Clammy. My dogs are doing fine. They're right here and say "Hello." Don't worry, we all get plenty of excercise. On the rare occasions that I eat a tuna fish sandwich it's fresh grilled, never canned. It's even rarer that I drink Coke. Once in a great while with a little rum in it, but I don't usually like to mess up good rum with that stuff. The truth is I live pretty well, thank you. It's sweet that you care so much.
    Hey, how you comin' with that lobster roll? On second thought... nevermind. I'd best make it myself. Wouldn't want one from a place that looks like it's about to be condemned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Boston sports writers are really cockroaches dressed up as humans.

They are totally irresponsible, unprofessional insects just looking for a twisted story for some bizarre gratification.

On this one, I'm totally on BV's side.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Remy on the post game: BV questioned the integrity of some of the writers in the press room.  its now becoming dangerous for the organization, never know what he's going to say and the sound bite from the WEEI interview will be played for years to come. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Boston sports writers are really cockroaches dressed up as humans.    They are totally irresponsible, unprofessional insects just looking for a twisted story for some bizarre gratification. "

I totally object to this line of argument, you're far from the only one who has made it. 

The media serves up what the fans want. They are beholden to the ratings. If fans themselves stopped listening to these clowns then they would have to change their approach. Ergo, the fans get the media they deserve. Many of your fellow fans are to blame. The show you are criticizing gets some of the highest ratings of any Boston show. Demonizing the media but letting those who support that media off the hook is just plain wrong. 

Bobby V handled that interview badly. Fact is he was late. Suck it up. He was late for a good reason, but he was still late. 

I would like to know where was this fire from Bobby V early in the season when he was laughing and shucking and jiving. Where is this fire when dealing with the players? 

For him to be a tough guy now is such a let down. Where was the tough guy when it counted? Why is he still buttkissing everyone from Pedey to Aceves? 

He's a joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Boston sports writers are really cockroaches dressed up as humans.    They are totally irresponsible, unprofessional insects just looking for a twisted story for some bizarre gratification. "

I totally object to this line of argument, you're far from the only one who has made it. 

The media serves up what the fans want. They are beholden to the ratings. If fans themselves stopped listening to these clowns then they would have to change their approach. Ergo, the fans get the media they deserve. Many of your fellow fans are to blame. The show you are criticizing gets some of the highest ratings of any Boston show. Demonizing the media but letting those who support that media off the hook is just plain wrong. 

Bobby V handled that interview badly. Fact is he was late. Suck it up. He was late for a good reason, but he was still late. 

I would like to know where was this fire from Bobby V early in the season when he was laughing and shucking and jiving. Where is this fire when dealing with the players? 

For him to be a tough guy now is such a let down. Where was the tough guy when it counted? Why is he still buttkissing everyone from Pedey to Aceves? 

He's a joke.

So, in your world, a manager is required to be at the park at least eight hours before the game?  Are you going to chastise Joe Madden?

The word for your pleasure in supporting your news hero is 'schandenfreude'.  If you don't know
    the meaning, look it up.

The point I do agree with is that there are as many clowns reading and supporting those articles as there are writing them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Ordway is a disgrace.  I'm sure part of his "show prep" was to go attack dog right away.  He needs the rating points.
    It's an offensive question to ask anyone, no matter what their profession.  "Did you check out?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Yeah.....everything you see on TV, hear on the radio, or read in the paper certainly HAS to be accurate, professional, and true...*chuckle*

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I'd punch O in the mouth to. Everytime I try to listen to him he interupts callers or even co-hosts with "Here is what it is, here is what it is, here, here, this is what it is..." like he is stuffing his mouth with fritos and then washing it down with chocolate syrup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

After the 'gag order' management put on BV early in the season, it's refreshing
    to hear BV come to life.

Certain people my like it or not, but I stand by my comment that most sports writers(including radio sport talk hosts) are cockroaches inpersonating humans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Stop whining about the media.  The media doesn't make little bobby v. consistently MAKE HIMSELF look like a total arss.  HE keeps embarrassing himself and the Red Sox.  HE is melting down, and becoming the laughing stock of the mlb.

YES!   The players quit on themselves & all of Boston since last September.  One whole year.  We got it!  little bobby v. has done nothing short of adding to a soap opera.  His stupid comments are endless.  The owners did not need to add insult to injury.  If little bobby v was simply brought here to "make the players uncomfortable," as is the current consipiracy theory???  Which, by the way is a ridiculous theory.....  Well, how'd that work out?  Did it help the team?  Isn't the managers FIRST job to motivate his team.  Get them to play together?  Pull for eachother?  Become a team that knows how to win?  Isn't that the manager's first job?  The answer is obvious, dispite the knuckle-heads who want to cling to a pathetic conspiracy!   Any way you slice & dice-k it...... little bobby v has been an epic fairure!!!!!

Time to move on!  See if the guys can start to rebuild this team???  Come together as a unit, as many of these guys ARE COMING BACK!  Some I absolutely don't want, but back they will come.  LACKEY & little bobby v must go now!  Sorry!  Had to do the obligatory Lackey bash.  It just feels good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:

J-BAY: kst is gonna love you for that. :)

mikey doesnt have the balls to come back as himself, AB. 

[/QUOTE]

Mikey's not coming back as mikeyinthebronx because he's immitating Sox fans and creating Sox fans of his own. He's not just posting as himself using another name, and he can't do that under MITB. And he's in his forties, so I don't know why you talk to him like he's a child.

I have absolutely no idea why you think that what he does here is OK for a Sox forum, and he's also on other sports forums on the site doing the same thing. He has been doing this for years, and was also Beni's mocking hyphenated screennames that were all political figures, and Beni was banned for it. Mikey's favorite things...harassing Boston fans, and politics all rolled into one.

I'm not even going to get into him defending Law after that name hadn't been on the board in quite a while as "camelwalk", and then forgetting he was just defending him and sounding like he was defending himself. And that was before he admitted to being Camelwalk. From what I understand, Law apparently caused chaos here for a long time. He's the worst thing to ever happen to BDC, and you just eat it up for whatever reason. And that's why we still have to deal with Mikey and his many personalities on a regular basis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Clamshack1 comment:

J-Bay is wrong to call me a Mikey alias. What evidence does he have? Answer = 0. Yet you follow him like the Pied Piper. Monkey see - Monkey do. when J-Bay tells you to jump, do you say " How high?" What a puppet you are, get a life.

The evidence to me is you arguing about who you are. I've never seen a post of Pike's arguing about whether it was him or not, or defending himself at all. Ever. There you go. As much as you credit yourself with being able to immitate anyone on the board, you got that wrong. Ooops. Your bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mikey's not coming back as mikeyinthebronx because he's immitating Sox fans and creating Sox fans of his own. He's not just posting as himself using another name, and he can't do that under MITB. And he's in his forties, so I don't know why you talk to him like he's a child.

I have absolutely no idea why you think that what he does here is OK for a Sox forum, and he's also on other sports forums on the site doing the same thing. He has been doing this for years, and was also Beni's mocking hyphenated screennames that were all political figures, and Beni was banned for it. Mikey's favorite things...harassing Boston fans, and politics all rolled into one.

I'm not even going to get into him defending Law after that name hadn't been on the board in quite a while as "camelwalk", and then forgetting he was just defending him and sounding like he was defending himself. And that was before he admitted to being Camelwalk. From what I understand, Law apparently caused chaos here for a long time. He's the worst thing to ever happen to BDC, and you just eat it up for whatever reason. And that's why we still have to deal with Mikey and his many personalities on a regular basis.

[/QUOTE]

Law, as in Softy?  Does he have other aliases on here.  Softy, as in betterdead, Softlaw, Hankwilliamsjr, Trotternixon??  That Law???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Law, as in Softy?  Does he have other aliases on here.  Softy, as in betterdead, Softlaw, Hankwilliamsjr, Trotternixon??  That Law???

[/QUOTE]

No. A poster that was called Law, actually it seems Law2009 since that's the screenname that bumps the threads up. It fits too, if you are familiar with what happened in 2009 in MLB. He's legendary here for just destroying the forum.

Softlaw is a completely different person.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Stop whining about the media.  The media doesn't make little bobby v. consistently MAKE HIMSELF look like a total arss.  HE keeps embarrassing himself and the Red Sox.  HE is melting down, and becoming the laughing stock of the mlb.

YES!   The players quit on themselves & all of Boston since last September.  One whole year.  We got it!  little bobby v. has done nothing short of adding to a soap opera.  His stupid comments are endless.  The owners did not need to add insult to injury.  If little bobby v was simply brought here to "make the players uncomfortable," as is the current consipiracy theory???  Which, by the way is a ridiculous theory.....  Well, how'd that work out?  Did it help the team?  Isn't the managers FIRST job to motivate his team.  Get them to play together?  Pull for eachother?  Become a team that knows how to win?  Isn't that the manager's first job?  The answer is obvious, dispite the knuckle-heads who want to cling to a pathetic conspiracy!   Any way you slice & dice-k it...... little bobby v has been an epic fairure!!!!!

Time to move on!  See if the guys can start to rebuild this team???  Come together as a unit, as many of these guys ARE COMING BACK!  Some I absolutely don't want, but back they will come.  LACKEY & little bobby v must go now!  Sorry!  Had to do the obligatory Lackey bash.  It just feels good.

Am I to understand that you support the unprofessional cockroach radio host because you thought BV was out of line?  If so, incredible!

Actually, it is refreshing to hear BV say something emotional since management put the gag order on him.

Maybe you get off on the canned responses.  I don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And I would bet anything that among his other names, he also created the screenname "bostonismine" because he's right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

As for BV, quite possible that was staged with all the talk of him being press friendly, and creating chaos amongst the team using the press. I'm not buying it. Maybe he should get his own reality TV show.

I mean who wants a manager with his own talk show anyway?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Kim, you'd get along great with my wife who watches every game....whether I'm home, or not.

Being in Oregon, we're flying to Boston sunday to take in three Yankee games.  It'll be her first visit to Fenway.  She's pretty excited.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Kim, you'd get along great with my wife who watches every game....whether I'm home, or not.

Being in Oregon, we're flying to Boston sunday to take in three Yankee games.  It'll be her first visit to Fenway.  She's pretty excited.

I bet I would, ampoule! She sounds great. And I'm guessing she has her opinions of the team as well. LOL

So great for her to visit Fenway. And Yankee games no less. Tell her I'm hoping she brings some luck with her, so we can at least feel good about winning some of those games. :)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

He shoud slug a few of these jerks......  Heck, even Bill-806 would have a tough time in this market !!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Stop whining about the media.  The media doesn't make little bobby v. consistently MAKE HIMSELF look like a total arss.  HE keeps embarrassing himself and the Red Sox.  HE is melting down, and becoming the laughing stock of the mlb

The press is a bunch of whoas, but you're right, BV just invites them into his living room.  It is not like the press in NY or LA or Chicago is a different species.  They'll look to set up the manager.  It is just that the other managers try not to give them anything to work with.  Either Bobby thinks he can outsmart them, or that he craves the attention, but just for his own mental stability, he needs to stay clear of them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Under the circumstances, I could see myself reacting the same way.  He's got weak pitching and hitting, so the team is in a tailspin and the WEEI guys decides that the key issue is what time Bobby V got to the ballpark. 

On this thread or another one, someone pointed out Francona used to get by noon or earlier for a night game.  To what end?  Apparently, from other reports, to play cribbage with Pedroia.

The simple fact is that hanging around the clubhouse or in the manager's office isn't necessarily the right place to be when nothing is going on.  In fact, I would argue the manager needs to preserve a little distance between himself and his players.  He needs to know the players, but more than that he needs to know how and how well they are hitting, running, fielding, pitching, etc.  While I like getting the lineup three hours before a game, I know for a fact the umpires don't need it until right before the game begins. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Remy on the post game: BV questioned the integrity of some of the writers in the press room.  its now becoming dangerous for the organization, never know what he's going to say and the sound bite from the WEEI interview will be played for years to come. 

question is, given their long history of mostly fatalistic representation of the team, are they above having their integrity questioned?...now, i'm far from a Valentine supporter..or liker for that matter, but as well as the Sox manager... the man is still someone's Dad 

Sections
Shortcuts