Bobby V was fired after the 2012 season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

why shouldn't Farrell be fired after this season? I've never seen a more clueless manager and that includes 8 years of 'Cona. Compared to Farrell, Bobby V looks like Earl Weaver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Bobby V was fired after the 2012 season

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

why shouldn't Farrell be fired after this season? I've never seen a more clueless manager and that includes 8 years of 'Cona. Compared to Farrell, Bobby V looks like Earl Weaver.

Name one manager who could have turned this pile of dung into a contending team.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Bobby V wasnt coming off a WS win.  It buys a season of good will.  Besides, Farrell isnt the guy who cant hit WRISP

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Name one manager who could have turned this pile of dung into a contending team.

That doesn't excuse Farrell from being an inept manager. I doubt he gets fired; I just hope he does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

REALLY!!?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

REALLY!!?

That's known as a 'tease,' J-BAY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

REALLY!!?

Not really, since I knew where you were going with it, before I read the OP 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

We could bring in MIKE HIGGENS and you wouldn't be HAPPY  !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

It's H I G G I N S. Did you have to pass a literacy test to join the NAVY? Apparently not. But then, you peeled potatoes, so I guess intelligence wasn't required.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

REALLY!!?

Not really, since I knew where you were going with it, before I read the OP 

Yeah, I haven't made my dislike of Farrell much of a secret. The SOX probably deserve him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

because they are drastically different scenarios?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Sorry Bogie!  

I think judging him so harshly after leading the Sox to a WSC last year is absurd!!!!

He has clearly been managing with both hands tied behind his back.  Do you think that for 1 minute he is making the calls on playing the players he's been served up?  He was told he's going with  Sizemore, JBJ, Peirzinski, XB, MIDDY, Nava / Gomes, Holt, etc.  etc.  etc.

Now, he's got a hodgepodge of mis-matched position players, and ZERO reliable or ready Starting Pitching.

There is absolutely no wy to fairly evaluate JF based on this ill fated season, where the ENTIRE TEAM, VETS &   YOUTH ALIKE SHYTTING THE BED OFFENSIVELY.

JF has quite literally had NOBODY who he has been able to rely on to get the job done.  Ironically, the only guy who has manned up, is our RAPIDLY AGING DH, Mr. Papi.  Not withstanding his inexplicably low BA, which likely comes from other teams beinb able to give him little else but garbage, considering the fact that there gas been NOBODY  else around him who can hurt them.  I guess I take back the "inexplicable," as this is pretty obvious.  Given this team-wide offensive collapse, Papi's production looks to be all the more impressive!

Bottom line......   JF has had NOTHING TO WORK WITH!!!!!!   No matter where he's turned, guys have consistently let him down.  He's also clearly been told to stay the course with many / most of these guys, thinking that they would work their way through much of their problems at the plate.

There is most definitely  big problem with the team's offensive approach, but to hang it on JF is foolish.  Sticking with the FO's now long running "work the count / build up your OBP / up the pitch count & sork for an early exit for the opponent's SP, irrespective of the FACT that we have so many players who simply could NOT hit mlb pitching, let alone havd the eye, discipline, plate awareness, excellent fundamentals, bat speed, ability to shorten up & protect the plate with 2 strikes, etc.  etc.   etc.   REQUIRED to successfully implement this type of hitting / batting / AB. / PA philosophy, was a FOOL's errand!!!!!!   This IS & HAS BEEN a long standing Red Sox FO, TOP DOWN, TEAM philosophy, which LONG PRECEEDS John Farrell!!!

I will agree that one can easily question some of his in game management, but I firmly believe these mistakes are negligible!

BC needs to give him a very good team to work with next year, then let's see what happens???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

Bobby V wasnt coming off a WS win.  It buys a season of good will.  Besides, Farrell isnt the guy who cant hit WRISP

[object HTMLDivElement]

Check and check!

Farrell was a wizard last year when everything worked out.  The players were hungry, even in your face and united.  But the loss of Ellsbury cannot be blamed on Farrell, the same with Salty.  I know that neither of them have faired really well but they were important here.  Farrell can't be blamed on the entire team hitting so poorly.  

Also the infusion of the kids was not his fault, alone.  It was and is a corporate direction and plan.  Did it work out as planned.  Not yet.  But some of the guys are really young and we have thrown them to the curb a little too quickly.  I can't give up on them yet.  They need more seasoning, but they still have so much promise.

Nope, not all on Farrell.  He didn't trade Lester and Lackey, either.  That may be something he had a hand in, but the FO messed it up with Lester.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Sorry Bogie!  

I think judging him so harshly after leading the Sox to a WSC last year is absurd!!!!

He has clearly been managing with both hands tied behind his back.  Do you think that for 1 minute he is making the calls on playing the players he's been served up?  He was told he's going with  Sizemore, JBJ, Peirzinski, XB, MIDDY, Nava / Gomes, Holt, etc.  etc.  etc.

Now, he's got a hodgepodge of mis-matched position players, and ZERO reliable or ready Starting Pitching.

There is absolutely no wy to fairly evaluate JF based on this ill fated season, where the ENTIRE TEAM, VETS &   YOUTH ALIKE SHYTTING THE BED OFFENSIVELY.

JF has quite literally had NOBODY who he has been able to rely on to get the job done.  Ironically, the only guy who has manned up, is our RAPIDLY AGING DH, Mr. Papi.  Not withstanding his inexplicably low BA, which likely comes from other teams beinb able to give him little else but garbage, considering the fact that there gas been NOBODY  else around him who can hurt them.  I guess I take back the "inexplicable," as this is pretty obvious.  Given this team-wide offensive collapse, Papi's production looks to be all the more impressive!

Bottom line......   JF has had NOTHING TO WORK WITH!!!!!!   No matter where he's turned, guys have consistently let him down.  He's also clearly been told to stay the course with many / most of these guys, thinking that they would work their way through much of their problems at the plate.

There is most definitely  big problem with the team's offensive approach, but to hang it on JF is foolish.  Sticking with the FO's now long running "work the count / build up your OBP / up the pitch count & sork for an early exit for the opponent's SP, irrespective of the FACT that we have so many players who simply could NOT hit mlb pitching, let alone havd the eye, discipline, plate awareness, excellent fundamentals, bat speed, ability to shorten up & protect the plate with 2 strikes, etc.  etc.   etc.   REQUIRED to successfully implement this type of hitting / batting / AB. / PA philosophy, was a FOOL's errand!!!!!!   This IS & HAS BEEN a long standing Red Sox FO, TOP DOWN, TEAM philosophy, which LONG PRECEEDS John Farrell!!!

I will agree that one can easily question some of his in game management, but I firmly believe these mistakes are negligible!

BC needs to give him a very good team to work with next year, then let's see what happens???

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well said.   Better than I just posted.  I should have read further before I responded.  :o)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

It's H I G G I N S. Did you have to pass a literacy test to join the NAVY? Apparently not. But then, you peeled potatoes, so I guess intelligence wasn't required.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Don't knock peeling potatoes ... I do it all the time for my famous mashed potatoes.  They are stand alone delicious but also the starting point for everything from potato cakes the next morning to shepherds pie for a warm dinner in the cool of the wintah.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

I agree that a lot of his decisions have seemed a bit odd this year.  Not sure I'd pin this ridiculous year just on him though.  To be blunt....Ben did a horrible job of assembling this team.  To rely on a rookie CF, SS and essentially 3b was downright awful.  They replaced one of the best lead off hitters in the game with nothing and other than Papi, Lester, Lackey and Koji.....the team under-performed....A LOT....especially our 'amazing youth'. 

I will say though.....if JF is given the boot, I'd really like to see Arnie Beyeler get the job.  The guy has a ton of experience with younger players and seems to have a lot of respect from the players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Hey Pumpsie, comparing this SOX team to a pile of dung, is really being unfair to the pile of dung.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hey Pumpsie, comparing this SOX team to a pile of dung, is really being unfair to the pile of dung.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Now that really stinks ...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Does it really matter ???  We did win the 2013  W  S   !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Its low quality dung Bogie. I stand by that comparison. 

Farrell has done some questionable things this year, no doubt, but I think he is light years ahead of Francoma, who would sit in the dugout and spit while Rome burned. Some of what Farrell did this year is a direct result of how crappy his players are. World Series winner one year; last place the next. Lets see what he can do with a real team out there....whenever that happens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I can't peel potatoes. I'm a little better with oranges under the right lighting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Championship rings as managers:

Terry Francona 2

John Farrell 1

Earl Weaver 1

Bobby Valentine 0

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

1.  Bobby Valentine has won how many World Series titles for the Sox?

2.  So now, per your post, you just said you know more about managing a Major League club than every manager the Sox have had over the last 10 years.  Exactly when did the Sox stop hiring your equals?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You have to keep in mind, Bogie's favorite Sox manager since Dick Williams was Don 'The kid's got ice water in his veins' Zimmer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I have no problems with Farrell as a manager, but he is no Francona!

Sections
Shortcuts