1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

bobby v will be gone soon

i saw bob v on tv this morning and he looks awful .management is in
    seattle and i think bob already was told he is let go.i think they will
    announce this when the team gets back to boston.this team never
    liked him and i think they quit on him long ago.i liked him and i feel
    bad for the guy.thanks bob for your effort and honesty.at least
    you tried.this team will stink next year also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: bobby v will be gone soon

Valentine has quit on his team, just like the captain of a boat quitting on his crew.

The manager and the boat captain have to be the LAST guy to quit when things are tough.
    That is why the boat captain knows that he is going down with the boat long after the crew has jumped over board.

Valentine should not be in this position because he should not have been hired in the first place, and if he did get hired, he should have been fired on July 1st in order to try to save this season.  Neither situation is his fault, but he still has done a terrible job as the Red Sox manager ALL season long.

Podsednik batting third the other day??????????????????????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Valentine has quit on his team, just like the captain of a boat quitting on his crew.

The manager and the boat captain have to be the LAST guy to quit when things are tough.
    That is why the boat captain knows that he is going down with the boat long after the crew has jumped over board.

Valentine should not be in this position because he should not have been hired in the first place, and if he did get hired, he should have been fired on July 1st in order to try to save this season.  Neither situation is his fault, but he still has done a terrible job as the Red Sox manager ALL season long.

Podsednik batting third the other day??????????????????????

Oh right. Francona never did anything stupid.
    What do you expect Uncle Ben traded away the number 3 hitter? I think this was more a message to Ben that the Sox don't have a number 3 hitter on the roster now.

Cherington didn't want Valentine from the start. He negotiated with Lucchino to keep some coaches, knowing it would blow up in BV's face.
    As far as I'm concerned, Ben sacrificed the season to get Valentine out, when it is he that needs to go. But most everyone here wants to give Cherington a pass. He is the GM for crying out loud! The buck should stop with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Valentine is as good as gone , but let's try to be fair. This team is not hitting at all.  Trying anything to shake things up a bit.  Podsednik was swinging the bat as well as anyone.  Batting him third for a game was not out of the question.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonOfLilith. Show SonOfLilith's posts

No 3,4,5 hitters- a triple A line-up and a bunch of hackers who can't control the strike zone is a recipe for disaster. No pitching and no power, that's what this team was built on for the last 9 yr's.
    I'm so sick and tired of hearing our offense is 4th in the league for this and that- they swing at everything and can't stay patient . You can fire Valentine and bring in T. Lasorda,T.Larussa and Joe Torre to co-manage this crap team and they won't win.
    Acquire a bonafide Ace and a big bopper in the lineup for next season and ask C. Schilling to manage the team.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bobby V will likely make to the end of the season, but not much further.  The rotation has been awful with an ERA around 5.00 and the team ERA trending that way.  When AGon left, he had the hottest bat in the lineup and was driving in a lot of runs.  Without him and Middlebrooks and Ortiz--and with Ellsbury way below what he did last year--the Sox lineup has a tough time scoring runs.  Not a whole lot Bobby V can do about that.  In the AL you need good pitching and good hitting, and the Sox right now have neither. 

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts