Bobby V?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

Bobby V?

No way the Red Sox hire Valentine, simply because he hasn't won anything while being a manager. Either hire a guy with no experience but who knows the market[Sveum's gone, maybe Lovullo]; or a well-known excellent manager, who has won a championship or two.
     Or hire me, since I predicted the September slide, but nobody listened to my solutions. They'd have to if I was the manager.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Bobby V?

In Response to Bobby V?:
    [QUOTE]No way the Red Sox hire Valentine, simply because he hasn't won anything while being a manager. Either hire a guy with no experience but who knows the market[Sveum's gone, maybe Lovullo]; or a well-known excellent manager, who has won a championship or two.  Or hire me, since I predicted the September slide, but nobody listened to my solutions. They'd have to if I was the manager.
    Posted by spider-man[/QUOTE]  OK....LOOKING BACK, YOU HAVE MY VOTE !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Bobby V?:
    [QUOTE]No way the Red Sox hire Valentine, simply because he hasn't won anything while being a manager. Either hire a guy with no experience but who knows the market[Sveum's gone, maybe Lovullo]; or a well-known excellent manager, who has won a championship or two.  Or hire me, since I predicted the September slide, but nobody listened to my solutions. They'd have to if I was the manager.
    Posted by spider-man[/QUOTE]

The only well-known (maybe not excellent) manager who has won a championship or two just got fired by the Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

What did Francona win before inheriting a team one dumb move from the World Series?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Bobby V?:
    Posted by spider-man[/QUOTE]

Who are they that would have to listen to you? Hope you are talking about the right way to clean the toilets and wash the jock straps...Think i might have to agree with you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bobby V? : The only well-known (maybe not excellent) manager who has won a championship or two just got fired by the Sox.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

yep, and the other just won a WS then called it a career (LaRussa), and word is the sox at least kicked his tires too even after he retired, but obviously gave it up quickly when realizing he couldnt be lured outta retirement (although I wouldnt be totally shocked to see him get the itch and pop back up in a year or 2). 

bobby v could be a solid short term fix, then maybe at some point his departure might conveniently align with a joe maddon and/or john farrell ultimately becoming available. this team still has the talent to be right in the thick of things, i personally would prefer valentine's vast experience and intense approach to a newb learning on the fly (although I think Alomar with an experienced old school bench coach could possibly work out well). at least with this particular team right now. just my opinion, but really, who knows. 

this situation and these players present Valentine with a rather unique opportunity, they give him a legitimate shot at finally getting over the hump and adding a WS title to his resume. in the short term (over say, the next 3 seasons) it could work out well and be a win/win...but I do agree with the common notion that eventually, at some point, it will more than likely turn sour. maybe by then it wont matter as much if they have added another championship.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bobby V? : Who are they that would have to listen to you? Hope you are talking about the right way to clean the toilets and wash the jock straps...Think i might have to agree with you.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Clean jock straps may have made all the difference, you just never know.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, I think that sounds reasonable. He might have some shock value that would burn out fast, but be effective while it lasted. In Response to Re: Bobby V?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V? : yep, and the other just won a WS then called it a career (LaRussa), and word is the sox at least kicked his tires too even after he retired, but obviously gave it up quickly when realizing he couldnt be lured outta retirement (although I wouldnt be totally shocked to see him get the itch and pop back up in a year or 2).  bobby v could be a solid short term fix, then maybe at some point his departure might conveniently align with a joe maddon and/or john farrell ultimately becoming available. this team still has the talent to be right in the thick of things, i personally would prefer valentine's vast experience and intense approach to a newb learning on the fly (although I think Alomar with an experienced old school bench coach could possibly work out well). at least with this particular team right now. just my opinion, but really, who knows.  this situation and these players present Valentine with a rather unique opportunity, they give him a legitimate shot at finally getting over the hump and adding a WS title to his resume. in the short term (over say, the next 3 seasons) it could work out well and be a win/win...but I do agree with the common notion that eventually, at some point, it will more than likely turn sour. maybe by then it wont matter as much if they have added another championship.
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]What did Francona win before inheriting a team one dumb move from the World Series?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]Will you ever quit firing shots at Tito geo?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

hoff and bobby great and refreshing, I hope everyone takes the time to read.
    Bobby V has a good baseball mind that will keep the players on their toes.
    Maddon and Farrell may be in line if Bobby lasts for two years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Since I am NOT a Lucchino fan (the way he just cuckholded Cherington has a lot to do with this), I think Valentinte would be great for the Sox.  Someone who would stand up to Lucchino, and make sure his voice was heard louder and more often.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Wait and see.    Valentine will get into a shouting match with a Sox player before July for all cameras to see.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]What did Francona win before inheriting a team one dumb move from the World Series?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Geo,

Getting to the World Series doesn't mean winning it.

The tired statement you profer here is meaningless.  Only under Tito's truly historical leadership did the Red Sox accomplish the seemingly impossible.

This kind of false view of history would be cherished by the royal house of Portugal ... they could say WE WOULD BE THE MONARCH OF THE OCEAN BLUE not Spain, if not for a single decision of ........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Valentine is set to meet with Ben Charington tomorrow for his first interview. The two sides had met to discuss interest a few weeks ago, but there hadn't been a formal interview.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Let me stop laughing long enough to respond to Since yaz.. Did you really type
    "TERRY'S truly historical leadership"? I'm losing it again, I feel like Remy and Orsillo when they can't stop laughing......too funny.

Sections
Shortcuts