Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick'

by Bill Madden/New York Daily News

Like millions of other Americans, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Bobby+Valentine" title="Bobby Valentine">Bobby Valentine felt a rush of mixed emotions when word of www.nydailynews.com/topics/Osama+bin+Laden" title="Osama bin Laden">Osama Bin Laden's death first filtered into the www.nydailynews.com/topics/ESPN+Inc." title="ESPN Inc.">ESPN TV booth around 10:30 p.m. at www.nydailynews.com/topics/Citizens+Bank+Park" title="Citizens Bank Park">Citizens Bank Park Sunday night.

The former Met manager-turned-ESPN analyst's first reaction was elation, which gradually turned into pride as he heard the chants "www.nydailynews.com/topics/United+States" title="United States">USA! USA!" from the capacity crowd watching the tense Chris Young-Cliff Lee, Mets-Phillies pitching duel begin to spread throughout the ballpark.

"We'd gotten a text a few minutes before we broke it on the air," Valentine was saying Monday. "We waited until it was confirmed. Once it was, and all the fans were beginning to cheer, I thought I should stand up and lead them in celebration."

Which he did, and from then on, for the next five innings, until the www.nydailynews.com/topics/New+York+Mets" title="New York Mets">Mets broke the 1-1 tie and finally pushed across the winning run on www.nydailynews.com/topics/Ronny+Paulino" title="Ronny Paulino">Ronny Paulino's 14th-inning RBI double off www.nydailynews.com/topics/Kyle+Kendrick" title="Kyle Kendrick">Kyle Kendrick, Valentine rode a wave of emotion as he commented on the game at hand and reliving in his mind the events of 9/11 and those heart-wrenching days that immediately followed.

There had been no more visible a presence in the aftermath of the www.nydailynews.com/topics/World+Trade+Center" title="World Trade Center">World Trade Center attack than Valentine and his cordon of Met players - www.nydailynews.com/topics/Al+Leiter" title="Al Leiter">Al Leiter, www.nydailynews.com/topics/John+Franco" title="John Franco">John Franco, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Todd+Zeile" title="Todd Zeile">Todd Zeile, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Robin+Ventura" title="Robin Ventura">Robin Ventura et al - leading the volunteer effort, packing and loading cartons of food, clothes and medical supplies in the parking lot at www.nydailynews.com/topics/Shea+Stadium" title="Shea Stadium">Shea Stadium to be trucked downtown to firehouses, hospitals and the scene itself at Ground Zero.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick'

This article is impossible to read.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick'

USA!  USA!  USA!!  USA!! USA!!!  USA!!! USA!!  USA!! USA!  USA!  USA!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

As people across the United States and the world celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden, Foxfire resident Deborah Borza reacts quite differently.

Borza’s daughter, Deora Bodley, 20, was the youngest female passenger on Flight 93 that crashed in Pennsylvania after it was hijacked by terrorists on Sept. 11, 2001.

“I felt nothing. Nothing was there,” Borza said about hearing the news that the leader of Al Qaeda had been killed. “What I can’t grasp is what it is to be jubilant over this. I don’t think I could have the same jubilation that others have.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I'm elated he's dead.

I wish the Muslim world would change their own diapers instead of expecting us to do it all the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No one is playing this more than the AP and old media and the Obama adminstration itself. That picture of them with plugs Biden in "the war room" waiting for the "code name" is nothing short of watching John Smoltz pretend to be a sub-scratch USGA index. Now, the meeting with the survivors on his campaign stump tour. I personally know a 911 vitim's parent who will not be attending a photo op for the Obama re-election stump tour.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick':
    No one is playing this more than the AP and old media and the Obama adminstration itself. That picture of them with plugs Biden in "the war room" waiting for the "code name" is nothing short of watching John Smoltz pretend to be a sub-scratch USGA index. Now, the meeting with the survivors on his campaign stump tour. I personally know a 911 vitim's parent who will not be attending a photo op for the Obama re-election stump tour.
    Posted by BaseballGM

At least it's more genuine than W's many flights over storm ravaged N.O.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

hey burrito,
    this would be more accurate.

EXXON! EXXON!EXXON!EXXON!EXXON!EXXON!EXXON!EXXON!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick':
    In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick' : At least it's more genuine than W's many flights over storm ravaged N.O.
    Posted by nhsteven

N.O. was flooded, the MS Gulf Coast was storm ravaged. N.O. got most of the coverage because the people waited on the government to bail them out instead of trying to help themselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick' : N.O. was flooded, the MS Gulf Coast was storm ravaged. N.O. got most of the coverage because the people waited on the government to bail them out instead of trying to help themselves.
    Posted by Alibiike

You're right, and I knew this; sorry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I'm elated he's dead. I wish the Muslim world would change their own diapers instead of expecting us to do it all the time.
    Posted by ampoule

Yeah because it's the Muslims job to find and kill someone who committed a terrorist act in our country.  Makes sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

Softlaw / GM has no opinion on the Bin Laden operation unless it pertains to Obama or Bush. The politics of it preempt the event's significance.

It reminds me of the forum during his Law reign when the happenings on the ball field by a specific player was only relevant to whether said player was a Duquette or an Epstein player. There was no joy to a Theo basher unless the hit or catch was made by a Duquette signee.

In Softlaw's world the only thing that matters is his ego.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick' : N.O. was flooded, the MS Gulf Coast was storm ravaged. N.O. got most of the coverage because the people waited on the government to bail them out instead of trying to help themselves.
    Posted by Alibiike

Thats funny.  Helping to save an entire region in the aftermath of a natural disaster of Katrina proportions is now a government bale-out?  Do you think we should cut FEMA and the National Guard so those lazy states will learn to pull themselves up by their bootstraps when faced with devastation?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine applauds Bin Laden's sea burial, says it'll keep people from worshiping 'pr.ick' : Thats funny.  Helping to save an entire region in the aftermath of a natural disaster of Katrina proportions is now a government bale-out?  Do you think we should cut FEMA and the National Guard so those lazy states will learn to pull themselves up by their bootstraps when faced with devastation?  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

+99 for sanity and clear-headedness.  Thanks, Spaceman.  Glad someone has the nards to say it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Posted by BaseballGM

I thought you were just a pompous blow hard but I guess I gave you too much credit.  I lived in the shadow of the twin towers and still live there ... now in the growing shadow of the Freedom Tower.  I know many people who lost loved ones and good friends that day.  They span the entire political spectrum and I am sure have many different feelings about the demise of OBL.  I would venture to say that almost none of those feelings have to do with the political party of the current president.

Learn to put your country before your party.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I'm not affiliated with a political party. I would venture to say that you living in the shadow of the TT has nothing to do with what you know about those feelings. Celebration is not the feelings of the parent of a victim I know. So don't run off about what I know about someone's feelings. I'll let their own words say how they feel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

The politics of it preempt the event's significance.

Politics are part of the event's significance. Your own ego needs to project yourself as the authority on the narrative.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm not affiliated with a political party. I would venture to say that you living in the shadow of the TT has nothing to do with what you know about those feelings. Celebration is not the feelings of the parent of a victim I know. So don't run off about what I know about someone's feelings. I'll let their own words say how they feel.
    Posted by BaseballGM

This is croc; if he personally knows individuals who've lost loved ones, he has at least as good as an idea as you do, watching/reading media clips.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

This is croc; if he personally knows individuals who've lost loved ones

The croc is his claim of "lots".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTEOf course James Bond could have done it all by himself.
    Posted by MikeyinQueens[/QUOTE]Truer words have never been spoken.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This is croc; if he personally knows individuals who've lost loved ones The croc is his claim of "lots".
    Posted by BaseballGM

Perhaps

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

NHS, you are the dumbest ever, you have no idea what really went on in NO every one knows it was the Gov of La. who was the idiot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

since the forum has disabled the creation of a new discussion I would like to ask the posters here what their opinion is of releasing photo's of bin laden in death.

It is my opinion that I don't think that needs to happen. reason 1 is that I feel that it would very much tramatize alot of folks due to the extremely graphic images. let's just say that there was really not much left of his face/head to see.

reason 2 is that it would greatly increase the flames of hate for the USA even more.

It's my opinion that the video/photo's of his burial at sea would be good enough for world to view and to also show the respect that the navy showed to those folks that follow the islamic faith.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

since the forum has disabled the creation of a new discussion I would like to ask the posters here what there opinion is of releasing photo's of bin laden in death. It is my opinion that I don't think that needs to happen. reason 1 is that I feel that it would very much tramatize alot of folks due to the extremely graphic images. let's just say that there was really not much left of his face/head to see. reason 2 is that it would greatly increase the flames of hate for the USA even more. It's my opinion that the video/photo's of his burial at sea would be good enough for world to view and to also show the respect that the navy showed to those folks that follow the islamic faith.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I agree, Hammah. If it's to shut up a few conspiracy theorists, it's a waste of time. They'll only claim the photo was doctored . Nut jobs believe only what nut jobs want to believe.

Sections
Shortcuts