Bobby Valentine.... Sgt Schultz or Capt Queeg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

Bobby Valentine.... Sgt Schultz or Capt Queeg

I know nothing ..... or ....... My coaches and players are conspiring against me and  don't communicate properly and don't like me so therefore I cannot succeed.

Discuss

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine.... Sgt Schultz or Capt Queeg

Once they complete the housecleaning process, then they can dump Valetine too.

I see him more as a game show host, he reminds me more of another Hogan's Heroes actor, Richard Dawson.

Family Feud....how appropriate, no?

And Bobby does have his own show on NESN. What a piece of work this guy is, really they need to get a more low-key manager, a guy who let's the players be the show, and keeps his opinions off the field and away from microphones.

He was not the problem, but he's been salt in the wound.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

During his daily pregame news conference, Valentine was asked about the situation.

"I have no thoughts at all," Valentine said. "I saw it scroll on the bottom of my TV."

Valentine said he had a conversation with general manager Ben Cherington earlier in the day, and Gonzalez was not mentioned.

"I talked to Ben this afternoon and there was no mention -- at all," Valentine said. "There wasn't a mention of 'who do you want?' There wasn't any conversation, so I believe it's nothing more than the standard operational of a guy gets claimed, it's a block, it's not a trade and life goes on."

When asked if he would speak with Cherington again Friday night, Valentine said: "Absolutely."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

who cares what Bv knows or doesnt know??? francona knew everything about everything except when to change pitchers, discipline his players, and how to condition the team....do you really miss his PR prowess that much????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

And all Francona did was win 2 World Series.  Remember this next year when Bobby Baseball has them out of the pennant race by Memorial Day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine.... Sgt Schultz or Capt Queeg:
    And all Francona did was win 2 World Series.  Remember this next year when Bobby Baseball has them out of the pennant race by Memorial Day.
    Posted by eab2011

which team is your awesome manager working for now? he is about as great a coach as kc jones and mike ditka....any salami can win a championship with the right talent (you know the kind that is one boneheaded play away by a manager????)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine.... Sgt Schultz or Capt Queeg:
    In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine.... Sgt Schultz or Capt Queeg : which team is your awesome manager working for now? he is about as great a coach as kc jones and mike ditka....any salami can win a championship with the right talent (you know the kind that is one boneheaded play away by a manager????)
    Posted by georom4

I don't care one way or the other but Do you really think Francona wanted to manage again this year when he can get paid big bucks for hanging out watching games?  I think the guy was a little burnt out.

Also come on, you still can't think Bobby V was a good choice.  They need someone tough, but also someone that can relate to players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

BV has to go at the end of the season. The team hit the reset button today and that should include BV at the end of the season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

This salami couldn't get a job in the Major Leagues for 10 years .... or until Darth Lucchino stumbled on him.  He didn't go to Japan because he was wanted in the Major Leagues.  No one was hiring him.  It was over and this year did nothing to prove every other team wrong.  This year is exactly why no one hired him for 10 years.

Sections
Shortcuts