1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?:
    [QUOTE]Once LL decided on BV, got rid of Tito because the going was finally getting tough for the Sox, and kept the old Tito coaches, LL's integrity dropped a lot. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

This was the MAJOR screw up in my opinion, not necessarily that Bobby V. replaced Tito, but how it happened.

I liked Tito and would rather have him as manager. If he thought he could get things back on track in the clubhouse, I think he earned that chance. But if Larry -- putting in him as team president -- thought that a new voice was needed in the clubhouse, fine, I can understand that.

And Larry's been around and if he thought Bobby V. really was the right guy for the situation, fine. So instead of the interview charade they had, Larry and Ben and ownership should have sat down, discussed and moved forward with one voice. Or they could have had the interviews with Bobby V. as part of the process then got together and move forward with one voice.

But the way it was handled was stupid and inept.

As for the coaches, that was the second part of the screw-up. For the most part, they should have let Bobby V. bring in all his own coaches. If there were any coaches the Sox were high on and felt they wanted to keep around (Magadan, for example), then they should have sat down, explained why to Bobby V. and perhaps keep one or two but have Bobby V. announce it along with the coaches he was bringing in. It isn't odd for a new coach or manager to keep some of an old staff, so it would have been a big deal.

Then we wouldn't be having issues about the coaches. The handling of all that was bizzare to say the least.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

well certainly McClure even was a bizarre hire, and more bizarre that BV got approved to bring in Niemann as a "second" pitching coach. I kind of think the Sox pitchers did better when it was 1 coach, not 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This whole thing with McClure then Niemann...bizarre is the right word....2 pitching coaches? Do we need to bring in 2 managers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?:
    [QUOTE]L.L doesnt need to go cuz he have the knowledge on how to build a good baseball team.  Look at his resume from being part of the Orioles organization, San Diego Organization as well for this current Boston's organization.  He have won three world series titles as well San Diego made to the world series in the 1990's.  He have been on winning teams more than he have been on the losing team. He is a very talent guy.  I heard about him more than Thomas Werner.  I dont know what is Tom have been doing.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I'll bet on the baby Gary Tuck, who doesn't speak to Valentine, being the rat.
    How absurd is that?
    This is the result of not letting a manager pick his own coaches.
    As for Curt "Mr. Businessman" Schilling,

SHUT UP!

YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

memo to self...do not send son to University of Connecticut.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

tito always deferred to theo as his boss and was always towing the company line..that is Ben's model of how a gm/coach should relate....of course bobby v is still old school enough to believe that a manager should make the calls with the players....you saw this in moneyball w/beane & howe...

not a good situation but i would rather see ben go than bobby...ben has shown nothing as gm...valentine on the other hand has done fairly well with crippling injuries, player babies/meatheads, and front office countermanding....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch? : When did the word Da-go become a racial slur, when you were first aware of it as a slur fifty years ago or fifty years before that? Does it matter when you became aware of it?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

O.K., thanks. That really clears things up.

...wow...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]pathetic...we have all played sports and heard so much worse from our coaches...and we were playig for fun and were just kids...what babies...this team embarrasses me...bobby v shouldve told Ben to f off and then quit/or challenged him to fire him if he wasnt happy with his way of doing things...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I've decided you are 100% correct; or as close as anyone can get

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Everybody giving BV a hard time for telling the Middlebrooks story?  Why shouldn't he let everybody know he is being undermined by a snitch?  He knows he's being blamed for everything wrong in 2012...just like Tito was made the scapegoat in 2011.  The snitch could be anybody.  BV is letting everybody know that the dysfunction permeates every level from FO to clubhouse and he is being clotheslined.   It is magical thinking to imagine BV can shine as a manager when he gets no support from above or cooperation from the ranks and constant ragging from media and little surprise sit down chats between players and ex-mgr right under his nose and his starters playing musical chairs on the DL.

If it works for you to blame Valentine, have at it.  I don't buy it.  The problem is way bigger than one man caught in the middle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think the snitch may be Tim Bogar, if it's not a player.

If it's a player, I  would guess Pedroia or AGon.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?:
    [QUOTE]the snitch is probably Pedroia....bald, weasley little character....misses his boyfriend Tito. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]pathetic...we have all played sports and heard so much worse from our coaches...and we were playig for fun and were just kids...what babies...this team embarrasses me...bobby v shouldve told Ben to f off and then quit/or challenged him to fire him if he wasnt happy with his way of doing things...

So true. I like everyone else here loves the Sox but this team is so unlikable. A team full of drama-queens.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from speakertim. Show speakertim's posts

That wouldn't have been out of a lot of parks.

Name One?

Yellowstone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

At this point and only because I see the team has NO SHOT to win the WS this year I want this team to lose. Not just any Red Sox team but this team. Unfortunately the FO seems bent to not make any changes that would be helpful for 2013 even though now would be the time to try some new things.

I have never in 35 years wanted a Sox team to fail, and now I do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch? : I've been saying that for a while now.  If this stuff is really going on than Bobby V should tell the FO to go screw.  If they are actually talking to him about saying "nice inning" then they are idiots.  And Bobby V talking about it on the radio and TV makes him an idiot too.   Everyone needs to man up.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

no it means that is all hes got if hes first going to be hung out to dry, then fired and blamed for it all. hes got a little more forsight and schrewdness than tito.
    tito was hung out as a druggie after he let management call all the shots and played nice nice with the players

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]tito always deferred to theo as his boss and was always towing the company line..that is Ben's model of how a gm/coach should relate....of course bobby v is still old school enough to believe that a manager should make the calls with the players....you saw this in moneyball w/beane & howe... not a good situation but i would rather see ben go than bobby...ben has shown nothing as gm...valentine on the other hand has done fairly well with crippling injuries, player babies/meatheads, and front office countermanding....

ben is a bit of a stooge for ownership and lucky.
    the rot is at the top

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]At this point and only because I see the team has NO SHOT to win the WS this year I want this team to lose. Not just any Red Sox team but this team. Unfortunately the FO seems bent to not make any changes that would be helpful for 2013 even though now would be the time to try some new things. I have never in 35 years wanted a Sox team to fail, and now I do.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

"t this point and only because I see the team has NO SHOT to win the WS this year I want this team to lose. Not just any Red Sox team but this team. Unfortunately the FO seems bent to not make any changes that would be helpful for 2013 even though now would be the time to try some new things.:"

ive been posting the need for several weeks prior to the allstar break.
    but the only thing this ownership cares about is appearance

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Doris Pedroia is the rat...watch the 'Theres no crying in baseball" scene from A League of their Own and tell me Rosie's character isnt DP....lol

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?Update:John Lackey!-What do you think of him now?

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?Update:John Lackey!-What do you think of him now?:
    [QUOTE]Everyone needs to man up. You just offended women, transgendered, multi-gendered, non-gendered persons.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  This is why the phrase "man up" is fading out of popular colloquialism and being replaced with the new phrase: "Ranger Up"

Not only is "Ranger Up" more PC, but it also pays homage to the brave Army Rangers who defend us everyday.

Sections
Shortcuts