1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?

So Boston traded the wrong guy??

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

For my money, it's Pedey. Just makes since considering the relationship he had with Francona, and his calling out of BV over the Youk comment.

I said before that Valentine needs to learn to play cribbage!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I agree it is Pedy!!  That is what I was thinking.  Cuz about a month ago, when BV walked to the pitcher mount, all infielders except Pedy wasnt on the pitcher mount for a meeting or a pitcher change.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

More importantly, regardless of who it was, the point is, they're trying to get him fired, which speaks to the tone of the entire clubhouse. It's an issue, that needs to be dealt with, sooner the better.. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Forrest, FORREST GUMP & HIS LOVE, JENNY DELL !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Wow, unfounded acusations.  Good to see no one lets facts or a lack of facts prevent anyone from coming to a conclusion.

Here's what smells bad.  Regardless of who ratted on BV, upper management listened to it.  That's the bad thing.  Here's the appropriate response to someone tattling on BV.  Shut the F up.  If you ever contact me to whine about something so trivial again, I will let be known to the entire world that you're a rat-bast***.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pathetic...we have all played sports and heard so much worse from our coaches...and we were playig for fun and were just kids...what babies...this team embarrasses me...bobby v shouldve told Ben to f off and then quit/or challenged him to fire him if he wasnt happy with his way of doing things...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?:
    [QUOTE]pathetic...we have all played sports and heard so much worse from our coaches...and we were playig for fun and were just kids...what babies...this team embarrasses me...bobby v shouldve told Ben to f off and then quit/or challenged him to fire him if he wasnt happy with his way of doing things...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I've been saying that for a while now.  If this stuff is really going on than Bobby V should tell the FO to go screw.  If they are actually talking to him about saying "nice inning" then they are idiots.  And Bobby V talking about it on the radio and TV makes him an idiot too.  

Everyone needs to man up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The most ridiculous statements concerning Bobby V. is how the front office won't let Bobby be Bobby.

If that's the case, and I say if because who really knws what the really Bobby is, but if that's the case, the only person who's not letting Bobby be Bobby, so to speak, is Bobby. He's got a two-year contract. He's going to get paid regardless.

So he should have come in and acted the way he wanted in public and in private, regardless of the front office. He has no one to blame but himself. If the FO tells him to apologize for something he doesn't believe he should apologize for him, then he shouldn't

Now I'm not saying that would make things better. Saying stupid things in public or the right thing (the Youk comment earlier) at the wrong time, picking fights out of nowhere isn't the way to manage. But in the end, you have to be yourself, right or wrong.

If Bobby was reigned in, that's on him for allowing it. Now I always believed that the front office and the manager should work together, and that happens with the best teams. That's why the Tito-Theo relationship worked so well. It wasn't so much that it was the front office telling him what to do as much as they shared the same philosphy on the approach.

That's why Bobby V. wasn't a good fit. Some organizations might like a confrontational style, but that's not the Sox (nor a lot of teams for that matter).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

There's a Shakespeare play title that sums all this up, and it's not "Hamlet" or "Julius Caesar."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?:
    [QUOTE]The most ridiculous statements concerning Bobby V. is how the front office won't let Bobby be Bobby. If that's the case, and I say if because who really knws what the really Bobby is, but if that's the case, the only person who's not letting Bobby be Bobby, so to speak, is Bobby. He's got a two-year contract. He's going to get paid regardless. So he should have come in and acted the way he wanted in public and in private, regardless of the front office. He has no one to blame but himself. If the FO tells him to apologize for something he doesn't believe he should apologize for him, then he shouldn't Now I'm not saying that would make things better. Saying stupid things in public or the right thing (the Youk comment earlier) at the wrong time, picking fights out of nowhere isn't the way to manage. But in the end, you have to be yourself, right or wrong. If Bobby was reigned in, that's on him for allowing it. Now I always believed that the front office and the manager should work together, and that happens with the best teams. That's why the Tito-Theo relationship worked so well. It wasn't so much that it was the front office telling him what to do as much as they shared the same philosphy on the approach. That's why Bobby V. wasn't a good fit. Some organizations might like a confrontational style, but that's not the Sox (nor a lot of teams for that matter).
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I am tired of him playing the victim. "poor Bobby V, stuck between lazy players and a FO that wont let him be himself."

He has a two year contract worth millions.  He needs to man up and start telling the players and the FO who he is.

Either that or continue to be someone that is laughed at by just about everyone except for a few loyalists.  Watching him doing a press conference about his "nice inning" comment was nauseating.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch? : Exactly.  I am tired of him playing the victim. "poor Bobby V, stuck between lazy players and a FO that wont let him be himself." He has a two year contract worth millions.  He needs to man up and start telling the players and the FO who he is. Either that or continue to be someone that is laughed at by just about everyone except for a few loyalists.  Watching him doing a press conference about his "nice inning" comment was nauseating.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

i agree again with you...bobby needs to man up and tell everyone this is my way..and there is the highway...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm not taking a guess as to who the snitch is.I'm not in the clubhouse,so I don't have any idea,and I'm guessing none of you do either.But hey,let's slander a player because we think it MIGHT be him without any facts to back it up.Who cares if he's one of the players who plays his heart out every game for this team. 
     Massachusetts is known for it's witch hunts so I guess you're all just carrying on a fine tradition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]  I'm not taking a guess as to who the snitch is.I'm not in the clubhouse,so I don't have any idea,and I'm guessing none of you do either.But hey,let's slander a player because we think it MIGHT be him without any facts to back it up.Who cares if he's one of the players who plays his heart out every game for this team.   Massachusetts is known for it's witch hunts so I guess you're all just carrying on a fine tradition.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Good post. I agree. 

And to add, a lot of these so-called clubhouse leaks might not even be the players. We've heard of the disconnect between the manager and the coaches. Maybe it was a coach. And there are others in the dughout other than players an coaches. Often times, these kind of leaks come from support people.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

roy, are you saying bobby has gotten a fair shake from the players and ben as manager?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I brought up the snitch problem two days ago when the forum was concentrating on bashing BV for making the comment. The comment was never heard by Middlebrooks and BV voluntarily brought it up on the talk show and thought that it was minor. The same old people on the forum did their best to make it a huge drama / soap opera once again by making a mountain out of a molehill. They need to find another hobby.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Pike, you posted the article several times, I would think you would know how it read. Middlebrooks said he doesn't remember it but he's sure it was said. The fact BV admitted to saying it on a talk show, was to publicly throw the FO under the bus.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from samclemens. Show samclemens's posts

The identity of the so-called "snitch" is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.  This dysfunctional .500 team and its clubhouse have emminently more important challenges and concerns ahead of them.  They are becoming increasingly irrelevant as football season approaches and even the most positive and passionate Sox fans are beginning to wonder if their loyalty is ever going to be rewarded again.  It will be, but it will take time and significant change some of which will be costly and hard to accept.

Winning it has been said is the great elixir, masks problems and makes it palatable to accept and even ignore mistakes and bad decisions.  In the absence of winning, attention turns to the why the chronic losing and everything and anything related to the team on and off the field is discussed and analyzed ad nauseum.  As Yogi Berra once observed, "it's getting late early" in the 2012 baseball season.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]The identity of the so-called "snitch" is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.  This dysfunctional .500 team and its clubhouse have emminently more important challenges and concerns ahead of them.  They are becoming increasingly irrelevant as football season approaches and even the most positive and passionate Sox fans are beginning to wonder if their loyalty is ever going to be rewarded again.  It will be, but it will take time and significant change some of which will be costly and hard to accept. Winning it has been said is the great elixir, masks problems and makes it palatable to accept and even ignore mistakes and bad decisions.  In the absence of winning, attention turns to the why the chronic losing and everything and anything related to the team on and off the field is discussed and analyzed ad nauseum.  As Yogi Berra once observed, "it's getting late early" in the 2012 baseball season.   
    Posted by samclemens[/QUOTE]

yea but the snitch went to see ben/front office in the midst of a winning streak against the yanks and tigers....looks like an agenda to me