1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?

LL needs to go, I know that is the culprit in this whole fiasco of a team changeover. 
    1. He throws Tito under a bus after Tito stayed loyal to the team, didn't say a bad word upon his "resignation" which we all know was a staged firing.
    2. He obviously knew Theo couldn't wait to leave town either, but certainly made it easy for him to leave.
    3. He did no search for GM, he simply named the next in command as GM-Cherington--who was clearly a disciple of the Theo way of doing things.
    4. When Ben decided on Sweum, LL said no. 
    5. LL handpicked BV, a guy who was out of MLB for a decade and a guy who was always butted heads the FOs at his previous jobs. I.E--not a "team player"
    6. LL all but forced Wakefield and Varitek into retirement. Both clearly wanted to contribute in 2012, both in a way could have helped, maybe in small doses, but still would have been from a clubhouse standpoint.
    7. LL spent more time working on the Fans and their enjoyment of the 100th anniversary of Fenway. Coming up with Tek, Wake Days and bringing back former players. It's about the only thing that he did that showed class and grace--however, some of it felt very hollow. Force a guy to retire, then have a Day for the guy first month. Maybe a cooling off period was needed on that. Awkward. 
    8. So we turn to 2012 on the field, and we see dysfunction in the clubhouse, even though we have several denying that dysfunction. We definitely see a .500 team that has under-performed. LL is happy because people are jumping on Ben and jumping on BV--his fall guys.
    9. And now we have fans turning against players--even Pedroia--saying Snitch and accusing the team's top players of being malingerers, etc. And we have BV who means well, but should basically shut his mouth and leave what's bad enough alone. Instead, he picks at the scabs to get himself off the hook.
    10. LL should exit his post. He is the problem and he created the problem. None of this nonsense happens under Tito's watch. Maybe the team plays .500 ball or a little better and underperforms--but it would have been without the drama.
    I'm done with LL and his way of doing things. Disaster. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I have my opinion who the "snitch" is, but Ill keep it to myself...The bigger issue here is the a player who doesnt like BV went whining like a little B***H to the FO about it and the FO backed the player...WMB apparently didnt even have an issue with it...Obviously its someone who hasnt liked BV from the start...
    If I were BV I would say to he11 with you guys (FO & Players), its time for me to be me with no regrets...Any player who doesnt like it, theres the bench, get comfortable...If I get fired then so be it...I would rather people hate me for who i am then like me for who I am clearly not...
    This ownership is pathetic!!! micro-managing this team and all the while a fan base that is very quickly losing faith in this ownership and some of the entitled little babies for players...
    I hope that there are some BIG changes this winter because if this ownership thinks they are fooling the millions of very knowledgeable and dedicated fans in New England, they better open their eyes a little wider because they aren't fooling anyone...The "cheerful Cody Ross?"... What a tool...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

The Sox brass brought in Valentine to instill some discipline, yet every time he attempts to wield it, some pampered crybaby in the clubhouse runs to daddy to complain about the awful bully.  Then they take Valentine to the woodshed.

Does Bobby say dumb things some times? Yes.  Has he made some managerial blunders?  Yes. 

But he doesn't deserve being treated like crap from those above AND below him.  I am 99% sure that the idiot that ran to the ownership was Pedroia.  He was so far up Francona's tush, people believed Tito had gained 160 lbs!

The bright side to this is BV is this close to snapping.  When he does, we will hear things that will make our heads spin.  And hopefully open our eyes to how pathetic and dysfunctional (top to bottom) this organization is right now!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?:
    [QUOTE]There's a Shakespeare play title that sums all this up, and it's not "Hamlet" or "Julius Caesar."
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

All's Well That Ends Well?

As You Like It?

Love's Labors Lost?

A Midsummer Nights Dream?

The Tempest?

The Taming Of The Shrew?

Comedy Of Errors?

Oh...

Much Ado About Nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

BV should turn over a couple of tables in the clubhouse before tonights game.  throwout a few dozen curse words and then announce in front of everyone that he is benching pedroia for tonights game and not give a reason.  just do it.  no matter who the snitch is it sends a message.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch? : All's Well That Ends Well? As You Like It? Love's Labors Lost? A Midsummer Nights Dream? The Tempest? The Taming Of The Shrew? Comedy Of Errors? Oh... Much Ado About Nothing.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]
    Alas, that Shakespeare course I took in college finally pays dividends!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

My question is, why did Valentine feel the need to make this an issue?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Spoiler Alert--the rat was....Matt Damon...Sox Fan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You think that irony doesn't come true...think again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]My question is, why did Valentine feel the need to make this an issue?

he didnt...The little baby that went crying to the FO did...BV is probably getting real tired of all the BS and I wouldnt blame him...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 68fbrd. Show 68fbrd's posts

YOU run the numbers. Not many left from last year than can 'qualify'. DP gets my vote since him and Tito were 'best o buds'.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think Valentine's days are numbered. The shame of it is that this mess is not his fault at all. Just take a look at the ERAs and batting averages. That says it all. These overpaid , overrated , spoiled brats will have the distinction of being the group that got two managers fired in one year. No wonder Papelbon wanted out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]My question is, why did Valentine feel the need to make this an issue?

I think Bobby V thinks that the snitch was a coach....not a player.....he wouldnt brng it up if it was a player.....and remember he didnt get the choice to bring in his guys as coaches......thiis is his way of letting the FO know he doesnt appreciate being watched over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch? : he didnt...The little baby that went crying to the FO did...BV is probably getting real tired of all the BS and I wouldnt blame him...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    Valentine raised it during that WEEI interview, which he now correctly calls "the most stupid thing I ever said on the radio."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]BV should turn over a couple of tables in the clubhouse before tonights game.  throwout a few dozen curse words and then announce in front of everyone that he is benching pedroia for tonights game and not give a reason.  just do it.  no matter who the snitch is it sends a message.
    Posted by slasher9[/QUOTE]
    Here's what he needs to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

..bunch of lolligaggers. That movie never, never get old. A classic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

[QUOTE]For my money, it's Pedey.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]
    So with his problems at the plate this year he's decided to become a snitch hitter?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch? : Here's what he needs to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg

Got to be careful with that stuff. We might find out that lolligagger is now considered a racial slur.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch? : Valentine raised it during that WEEI interview, which he now correctly calls "the most stupid thing I ever said on the radio."

and that's saying something, Lloyd. Unfortunetly, nothing good.  
    Valentine is the classic talk firstFoot in mouth, think laterSealed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I never liked bobby v. as the manager, but ownership, management, and the players have clearly never given him a shot to succeed! 

Since they gave him the job, this whole thing is on ownership & management!!!

You can't give a guy the job, then cut his legs out from under him at every turn!!!

It doesn't matter one bit WHO THE SNITCH is!  The real issue is that ownership and management are empowering any player or coach to come to them, even over the most ridiculous issues concerning THE GUY THEY PUT IN CHARGE!  Not only are they implicitly encouraging such horses hit, they are taking THEIR manager to the woodshed to boot.

This whole rotten situation has been enabled by a dysfunctional front office & ownership!

Something's gotta change!  Very sad day for RS fans!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine smells a rat in clubhouse-Who do you think was the snitch? : If it's in the urban dictionary and in the intent of the person who speaks it out then it is indeed a racial slur. Slurs do not come out of a random word generator, they are intentional. Would you really call someone with astigmatism a Monday, that makes no sense whatsoever. Get it?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm. Get it?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts