Bobby Valentine WILL be here in 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine WILL be here in 2013

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine WILL be here in 2013:
    [QUOTE]If the FO is truly intent on bringing Farrell in, then keeping BobbyV for next year would make the most sense. That said, I strongly believe that he needs to go.  I agree that he was never really given a fair shake, but he certainly didn't help his cause any. If this team really wants a fresh start, they have to let Bobby go.  I don't see the leopard suddenly changing his spots.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

If they really want a fresh start then they are going to have to let Cherington go and remove LL from his current position. Those two are also vestiges of the previous management team. I could live with all three going and starting anew. Firing Valentine otherwise doesn't make a lot of sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

'Fresh start' sounds great but 'fresh start' doesn't necessarily mean replacing everyone.  This team has made huge strides toward a fresh start with the recent transaction.  I want to see what Cherington can do with all the financial flex he suddenly has.

As for Valentine, I'm not even sure it's that important any more whether he comes back next year.  But like Cherington, he probably deserves a shot at showing what he can do now, with the clubhouse situation presumably a lot better.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

As we saw, Valentine couldn't clean up the clubhouse any more than Francona could, not with the support or lack thereof from upper management. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I have no doubt he will be here. He has made good line-up and on--the-field decisions all year. Also, he has earned, and gotten, a lot more respect from his players as the year has gone on.

Anybody can see this team of the last 4 days is a very different team than it was before the "cleansing". They are relaxed and alive, and will win a lot more games than they lose for the rest of this season.

I expect Dice K, Lester and Buchholz will be fine. I think Doubrant needs to grow up a little, before he can be trusted not to implode somewhere around innings 4 and 5. Ellsbury is more relaxed, Ciriaco is liking finding gold, and several others are beginning to pay attention.

Next year it will come doen to pitching---pitching and pitching. Not the manager.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Keep Valentine. I almost never post on the Sox board but those who would have kept the poison pill players over the manager can't see the real problem.  This same lazy, self entitled behavior happened last year under Tito's watch as well... and the players loved that guy? Time for tough love, Bobby is the guy to administer it. Correct. The Red Sox owership has just begin the Chapter 11 process. Valentine isn't young, but his contract runs one more year and he should finish the dirty job he was hired to do. Break up the frathouse. AGon was a falsely projected scapegoat, as there is no way he ran the new frathouse he walked into in 2011. AGon was sacrificed to get rid of two serious problems, Beckett and Crawford. The entire GM nonsense and cleanup has been embarrassing, but at least Beckett is gone. The Red Sox need to be ready to bring in a young manager for 2014, as it's unlikely Valentine will have the energy to continue after finished up the hazmat job he was hired to do. No valid value reason to fire Valentine, with one year left on his short contract. Simply let him finish the ground zero clean-up and wait until the end of 2013 to decide on who the manger will be for 2014 and forward. If Valentine has the team playing to it's potential, extend him. If not, thank him for the dirty work that Tito couldn't or wouldn't clean up.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

After spending the last year screaming about CRAW - BURY, softy doesn't even have the STONES to step up and salute THIS GM for pulling the trigger.  After whining & moaning, crying, gnashing of teethe about Beckett, he remains his sackless self, & can't step up & congratulate THIS GM for ridding this team of the Beckett contract.

YES!  We all know A-Gon is a great player, & his absence will be felt, but without unloading him the Red Sox are saddled with Beckett & Crawford for the next 3 & 5 years. This $$$$ will buy us at least 4 - 6 high value players!!! PERIOD! Of course that requires smart buys & GOOD trades! Lackey still must go, & that will likely cost some money? Maybe BC can have lightning strike twice????

Softy would bash the Red Sox if their GM was the guy ridding the world of Smallpox!!!

This is the single best move in the last 3 years!  It's a reset.  THAT's ALL IT IS!  NO MORE!!!!   NOW........  Will the fans be patient in the rebuilding process.  We know softy will grasp at straws, desperately looking for something HE GOT RIGHT!  Whining ad nauseum like a little girl....... Who's gonna join the soft one!?

Real RS fans! We will pray for sound baseball decisions!  Softy will bi tch & moan, pretending to be a RS fan. I thought I didn't like Nancy Drew??? Softy takes the cake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine WILL be here in 2013 : If they really want a fresh start then they are going to have to let Cherington go and remove LL from his current position. Those two are also vestiges of the previous management team. I could live with all three going and starting anew. Firing Valentine otherwise doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Let Cherington go? Suyrely, you jest. He just made the move of the year, and should get a medal AND a raise. Or, haven't you been watching the difference in this team the last 4 days? Probably not.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]As we saw, Valentine couldn't clean up the clubhouse any more than Francona could, not with the support or lack thereof from upper management.   In fact, Valentine is doing what Tito wouldn't do, fingering the problem veterans and telling upper management to get rid of them at the soonest best window. That Cherry was late and desperate in cleaning up the very mess he was a part of creating is not a reflection on Valentine or ownership.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

little bobby v.  The little engine that couldn't?  That bobby v.??  The guy who added to the soap opera at every turn?  The guy who kept brining up issues that were 2 months old, causing needless fire-storms, that YOU called a soap opera.  The guy who outed A-Gon for the text demanding a meeting?  The same A-Gon you now defend?  That little bobby v.?  The guy who shot his mouth off about Youk!  No problem with calling a guy out for having a bad attitude, but that's not what little bobby v. did with Youk.  He called him out for, "not having his heart & head in it."  You can rip youk for not playing smart, or getting too ticked off at the plate....  "not enough heart?"  Cut the s hit! 

This team has been a joke!  Bobby v. turned that joke into a nightmare!  HE has, with the players, turned the Red Sox into a MLB JOKE!  A complete embarrassment!  YOU DON'T SEE that??? Doesn't surprise me!  You're no RS fan!  You never have been!  You never will be!  You're a fraud!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

BV outlasted an All-Star LF, an All-Star former WS hero, an All-Star 1st baseman, and an All-Star 3b plus a serviceable second catcher. I'd say if he is that valuable to the Sox, that must mean he's the Greek God of Managers. I keep looking at his career, and I don't see Greek God of Managers, but someone in that front office and most of the fans here must have bought in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealPedroCiriaco. Show TheRealPedroCiriaco's posts

[QUOTE]BV outlasted an All-Star LF, an All-Star former WS hero, an All-Star 1st baseman, and an All-Star 3b plus a serviceable second catcher. I'd say if he is that valuable to the Sox, that must mean he's the Greek God of Managers. I keep looking at his career, and I don't see Greek God of Managers, but someone in that front office and most of the fans here must have bought in.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    Nick Punto has never been an All-Star, idiot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm talking about Youkilis, you all-time fing idiot. Five posts is all it took to identify that you are in need of special education.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealPedroCiriaco. Show TheRealPedroCiriaco's posts

This will be my ninth post, learn to count please.

Anyways, Bobby Valentine will not be here next here. He doesn't get along with coaches, players, or fans. My vote goes to Don Baylor, bring in somebody who will really shake things up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Keep Valentine. I almost never post on the Sox board but those who would have kept the poison pill players over the manager can't see the real problem.  This same lazy, self entitled behavior happened last year under Tito's watch as well... and the players loved that guy? Time for tough love, Bobby is the guy to administer it.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

hi wozzy,

it was created under tito, didnt start last year but continued into last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Most signs point to BV's return. If that happens, he and Cherrington and Lucchino should come to a firm agreement about the chain of command and a division of responsibilities. Otherwise there will be more of the same. If, as averred, "some" players are not "happy" with BV, they should air their complaints privately with him during the offseason, and he with them if he has complaints. Since more personnel changes may be coming, these "summit meetings," if any are necessary, probably won't occur until near ST. The manager should be allowed to select his own coaches. 
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

hey ex,
    dont now if you know it, but youre echoing my sentiments

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine WILL be here in 2013 : Well, I've defended Bobby V, but am far less sure he will be back.  Sending Youk, Shoppach, Beckett, et al, away says he will be back, and the FO will not like having 3 managers in 3 seasons, but I still think they will think hard in the offseason.  
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

ditto from me

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Once again, re run the season exactly as it unfolded this year with 2 exceptions. Reverse the records of Beckett and Lester and the Sox are neck and neck with the Yankees for first place. To me this is a testament to the managing abilities of Valentine. He's forgotten more about managing a baseball team than Francona and Farrell ever knew ! !
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

you are 100% right.

on point 1, its amazing so many people cannot see this.

on point 2, i expect most cannot evaluate this. i agree completley

however it is also true,that bv being old school, may be hardest on the players (after having a mgr who was one of, if not THE, easiest on the players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]no serious person can say BV is to blame for this yr...the wholesale slaughter/trade of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is proof that Ben C, LL, and henry realized that THEY were to blame for the team's woes by allowing Beckett/inmates to run ther asylum and tying the manager's hands with his own coaching staff....seriously what is the point of hiring a manager if the players can call meetings to complain about him and if managment enboldens players to contermand his authority???
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

hellooooo. ive been writing about this all year. and i dont remember anyone concurring.
    epitome of dysfunction created at the top.
    (only you have to add in there the overcontrolling nature [over the manager])

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine WILL be here in 2013 : Georom4, I usually agree with your posts, but this year is the result of poor pitching by the #1 and #2 starters, period. If everything that happened stayed the same, and we just reverse Beckett's and Laster's records, we're battling the Yankees for 1st place in the east.  If that were the case, the manager and the front office would be considered great. Beckett and Leaster didn't perform up to their previous standards, therein lies the problem. Nothing else.

actually you both are correct

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I like to see fairness.  And fairness to me is letting Bobby V have his own coaches and a whole season to prove he is a good manager.  Ben C and company sabotaged Valentine this season, and then failed to back him up until the season was already lost.  And the facination with Farrell absolutely escapes me.  Maybe while Beckett and Lackey, Pedroia and Agon were trying to run things it made sense to bring in someone that they had respected and feared, but has anyone noticed?  Toronto has a lot of talent and plays a distinctly poor brand of baseball.  And Farrell has had the opportunity to bring in anyone he wanted to help him coach his band of miscreants.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]

you are 100% correct through and through

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]If he is here, that will merely mean that the Sox do not intend to be in contention next year.  BV is a safe manager who doesn't PO the FO or do things that cast the team in a bad light.  With the exit of the big 3 to LA, things should be fun (and maybe even competitive) next year with a different approach from the players.  This winter will tell the story.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

i disagree with you completely. bv neutered himself because he knew he would be fired if he did just do what he wanted to do.
    if you insert tito in there above for bv, i would agree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine WILL be here in 2013 : To say that Beckett was the cause of Francona's failure, is nonsense, unless you believe that Francona was at one time a good baseball manager. He was not.

im agreeing a lot with you here. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]the fresh start needed to be done in 2011...everyone in the front office was in denial
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    +1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine WILL be here in 2013 : If they really want a fresh start then they are going to have to let Cherington go and remove LL from his current position. Those two are also vestiges of the previous management team. I could live with all three going and starting anew. Firing Valentine otherwise doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

i agree with you but that will never happen. on the good side, LL realizes the teh mistkaes of the past (THUS THIS TRADE) and istrying to reverse direction. those speaking of ben C. as a gm are missing the true Nature of things, LL is the real gm behind the face of teh gm (BC)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]'Fresh start' sounds great but 'fresh start' doesn't necessarily mean replacing everyone.  This team has made huge strides toward a fresh start with the recent transaction.  I want to see what Cherington can do with all the financial flex he suddenly has. As for Valentine, I'm not even sure it's that important any more whether he comes back next year.  But like Cherington, he probably deserves a shot at showing what he can do now, with the clubhouse situation presumably a lot better.  
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

the fact that not only did they get rid of some of the worst contracts, they also got rid of most of the players who undermined bv