Bogaerts back to SS, WMB 3rd.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: Bogaerts back to SS, WMB 3rd.

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Better find a place for Brock Holt  !!!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It'll be 3rd or SS. Two new outfielders also leaves Victorino hanging, unless he platoons with Bradly or Nava. It;s going to be interesting, to say the least. They're going to have to give Betts a decent shot in September also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think the competition for the SS position should be open--Marrero is a SS who has more experience at the position than Xander. I wish them both good luck as the position is so important for the strength up the middle principal.

If WMB falters the Sox have Holt and Betts. Hopefully Betts is getting some opportunities in CF and 3 B at AAA.

There are three pitchers at AA that I would like to see given some consideration: Obviously Henry Owens, the other two are Brian Johnson---a 9-2 record and a 2.16 ERA and Noe Ramirez, 1.79 ERA over 55 innings and 12 saves.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

If everything I've heard about what caused Bogaert's batting slump is true I expect to see him hitting .300 for the month of August.  

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    "Middlebrooks has had more lives than a cat. I'll be surprised if he finally succeeds. I have no faith in him."

I think as long as he's still doing Jenny Dell, it probably doesn't matter what the rest of us think. I know I wouldn't care!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bugmenot2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the first and last time I listened to people on this board; the hype around WMB.  I questioned how you could replace Youk's 400 OBP and the way he saw so many pitches but so many people here kept chanting WMB's name.  I trusted them.  Never again...............

[/QUOTE]

Did Cashman do the right thing on signing Youk? Yes or No.

[/QUOTE]

What's your point?  What does this have to do w/ the hype surrounding WMB?

[/QUOTE]

If you followed the minors, he was talked about as a power and strike out guy, which he has shown to been.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Middlebrooks is almost certainly toast. And Bogaerts does not have the range to be a good SS. However, with the purge nearly complete, someone has to play those positions. 

At the very least it will be interesting to see what the young pitchers can do, although no conclusions can be drawn about Raynaudo or Webster this year. There is simply not enough time left for that. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

It is hard to judge his abilities when he can't stay healthy enough to put together a whole season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Betts is a real prospect, he'll a be a player, but Pedey is in his way, even though Pedey ain't what he used to be, he's an institution, for better or worse.  WMB, I mean, how many chances does this guy get.?  He sucks.  If someone like Miami is still interested in his lame game, then by all means, trade him for anything you can get, preferably as part of a package that brings Stanton.  Xbo is not an infielder.  Now that Drew is gone, Marrero is the only true shortstop with a shot at playing the position for the Sox in the near future; but he's not much with the bat, at best, he'll be passable.  So basically we're going to need the left side of the infield.  Holt should be a good sub and multi-positional.  Catching looks strong for the future with Swihart/Vazquez.  Pitching, the most important aspect of any team, is weak whereas yesterday it was strong.  Looks like we'll get one of Lester/Price/Scherzer in the free agent market for next year though, and Owens might turn into something.  In short, Xbo back at SS and Middy at 3rd has no future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bugmenot2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two more months to determine Bogaerts fielding and WMD's hitting.

[/QUOTE]

Hope I can stay awake.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hope you can't.

[/QUOTE]

I don't like you either.

Sections
Shortcuts