Bogaerts back to SS, WMB 3rd.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Bogaerts back to SS, WMB 3rd.

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  54s
    Cherington says Cespedes in RF, Craig in LF, Bogaerts at SS, Middlebrooks at 3B. Victorino to DL sounds like. #redsox

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Bogaerts back to SS, WMB 3rd.

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  25s
    Middlebrooks thrilled to be back. “Looks like we have a great lineup,” he said. “It’s exciting.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  26m
    Jonny Gomes: “That ring. That ring’s a lifer. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to wear that uniform.” #redsox

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Middlebrooks has had more lives than a cat. I'll be surprised if he finally succeeds. I have no faith in him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Middlebrooks has had more lives than a cat. I'll be surprised if he finally succeeds. I have no faith in him.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Neither do I DD.  But, this is a perfect meaningless stretch for his last chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Retweeted by Pete Abraham
    Anthony McCarron @AnthonyMcCarron  ·  3m
    Whatever you make of all the Red Sox moves today, they nailed one thing for sure -- letting Xander Bogaerts go back to SS. Future star.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Better find a place for Brock Holt  !!!

I know you don't pay attention to life around you, but Mr. Holt has been taking a nose dive. He'a a utility player and that's what he'll always be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Wonderful! A 3rd baseman who can't hit and a SS who can't field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:

Two more months to determine Bogaerts fielding and WMD's hitting.

Hope I can stay awake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  42s
    Cherington  us."on Bogaerts: "Nothing at all has changed in our opinion of him as a player. He’s going to be a really good player for us"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  42s
    Cherington  us."on Bogaerts: "Nothing at all has changed in our opinion of him as a player. He’s going to be a really good player for us"

Yeah, but what does Lucchino have to say? Seriously, what was Ben supposed to say "He wasn't ready to play at this level; we made a mistake, should have left him at triple A. At this point I don't know if he's going to be good or not."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Two more months to determine Bogaerts fielding and WMD's hitting.

Hope I can stay awake.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hope you can't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah, that was the first and last time I listened to people on this board; the hype around WMB.  I questioned how you could replace Youk's 400 OBP and the way he saw so many pitches but so many people here kept chanting WMB's name.  I trusted them.  Never again...............

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Middlebrooks is almost certainly toast. And Bogaerts does not have the range to be a good SS. However, with the purge nearly complete, someone has to play those positions. 

At the very least it will be interesting to see what the young pitchers can do, although no conclusions can be drawn about Raynaudo or Webster this year. There is simply not enough time left for that. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Yeah, that was the first and last time I listened to people on this board; the hype around WMB.  I questioned how you could replace Youk's 400 OBP and the way he saw so many pitches but so many people here kept chanting WMB's name.  I trusted them.  Never again...............

Did Cashman do the right thing on signing Youk? Yes or No.

What's your point?  What does this have to do w/ the hype surrounding WMB?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

If Holt finds no place and becomes  a good utility from the bench, it would mean new team is on the right track...but problem  now is not Holt but a sound rotation, betting my soul on Ranaudo and Owens... Others not so sure... It will take  time, my year is 2016, next year a solid bridge, lets be patient...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Retweeted by Pete Abraham
    Anthony McCarron @AnthonyMcCarron  ·  3m
    Whatever you make of all the Red Sox moves today, they nailed one thing for sure -- letting Xander Bogaerts go back to SS. Future star.

Agreed.  Keep him there.  I understood "why" they signed Drew, but clearly it was a mistake in hindsight.  Bogaerts belongs at SS and thankfully the 3rd base experiment is finally over. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

The jury is still out on Bogaerts IMO. Let's watch him play for the next two months.

My concern is Middy... Hope I am wrong... Now that we are for the future, give a new life To Xander and JBJ, just let them play...if we can build a solid rotation between now and 2016, we would be contending once more...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Hate to say it, but I don't think they Middlebrooks much of a look. My guess is that Holt will play short, and Bogaerts stays at 3rd. Two new outfielders added, and both are going to play. That leaves Holt looking for a spot to play. He won't replace Napoli at 1st. So that leaves short or 3rd. Looks like Middlebrooks is odd man out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Exactly. It'll be 3rd or SS. Two new outfielders also leaves Victorino hanging, unless he platoons with Bradly or Nava. It;s going to be interesting, to say the least. They're going to have to give Betts a decent shot in September also.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think the competition for the SS position should be open--Marrero is a SS who has more experience at the position than Xander. I wish them both good luck as the position is so important for the strength up the middle principal.

If WMB falters the Sox have Holt and Betts. Hopefully Betts is getting some opportunities in CF and 3 B at AAA.

There are three pitchers at AA that I would like to see given some consideration: Obviously Henry Owens, the other two are Brian Johnson---a 9-2 record and a 2.16 ERA and Noe Ramirez, 1.79 ERA over 55 innings and 12 saves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

If everything I've heard about what caused Bogaert's batting slump is true I expect to see him hitting .300 for the month of August.  

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

"Middlebrooks has had more lives than a cat. I'll be surprised if he finally succeeds. I have no faith in him."

I think as long as he's still doing Jenny Dell, it probably doesn't matter what the rest of us think. I know I wouldn't care!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Did Cashman do the right thing on signing Youk? Yes or No.

What's your point?  What does this have to do w/ the hype surrounding WMB?

If you followed the minors, he was talked about as a power and strike out guy, which he has shown to been.

Sections
Shortcuts