Bogaerts defense at SS is Scary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Bogaerts defense at SS is Scary

Nearly throws away rountine bouncer on first ball hit to him tonight. Say what you want about Drew but he is rock solid in the field.

I am as excited as anybody by the potential of Bogie but I am not sure having him in the field in the middle of a pennent race where errors can cost us big games is where he belongs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Bogaerts defense at SS is Scary

he bobbled a ball in 1 game.........

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Lol one play in one game. Must admit posts like this are good for a chuckle. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

This might be the silliest thread started in the history of blogging. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

How is it silly? My point is Drew is a more reliable defensive SS. Do you disagree with that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to Iowasoxfann's comment:

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Nearly throws away rountine bouncer on first ball hit to him tonight. Say what you want about Drew but he is rock solid in the field.

I am as excited as anybody by the potential of Bogie but I am not sure having him in the field in the middle of a pennent race where errors can cost us big games is where he belongs.

You are a concerned Red Sox fan but___.

Good OP but _____

Why not a positive statement without a but -----------------?

Leftfielder is a great Red Sox fan but ______________

Is it wrong to point out that this might not be the best time to put this great YOUNG talent out at SS?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

This might be the silliest thread started in the history of blogging. 

I am pretty certain there have been a few sillier ones. Maybe not many but at least a fewWink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

His def has never been an issue, so now it becomes a possible issue after one play in his 1st week in the bigs. Relax.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

One play....throws a little high....not high enough to pull Naps of the bag.....let's start a thread????

SMH

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

How is it silly? My point is Drew is a more reliable defensive SS. Do you disagree with that?

Sure. That doesn't mean Bogaerts is a defensive liability though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Sure. That doesn't mean Bogaerts is a defensive liability though.

The kid can hit...and has made every play it to him tonight...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

He's 20. jumped from A, AA AAA in record time...give the kid a break

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

the backhand grab was impressive enough to outweigh the throw. the grab was smooth and more athletic than I expected. plus Naps scooped it!! No worries!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I did not know that Bogaerts is Dutch.  I heard that everything is legal in the Netherlands.   LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

He is not from the netherlands.  He has Dutch citizenship ala Andruw Jones by being from Aruba. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Elles and Pedroia made awesome plays last night! Bogey with some hits, Peavey a CG... a perfect game all around best I can see

AND he was robbed, he ropped that ball down the line and AGONE made a great play.  Very easily could have had 3 hits with 2 2B.  Victorino had a nice play too....all around great game. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

A guy on any level does not orient towards shortstop if he can't handle the position.  All you have to do with  Bogaerts is look to see if his defense is improving from year to year in the minors. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

His def has never been an issue, so now it becomes a possible issue after one play in his 1st week in the bigs. Relax.

Actually his defense has been the only issue with Bogaerts.

I think he's going to be fine, but he does need to improve some in that area to stay at ss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

You're carzy if you think Drew is "solid" at SS.  Drew is a terrible SS.  No range.  Can't throw.  Terrible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

You're carzy if you think Drew is "solid" at SS.  Drew is a terrible SS.  No range.  Can't throw.  Terrible.

I am not saving Drew is Iglesia out there, but he has only committed 6 errors all season and has the 4th highest range factor in the AL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to craig2174's comment:

He is not from the netherlands.  He has Dutch citizenship ala Andruw Jones by being from Aruba. 

My bad, thanks for clarifying that.   Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

jeez, and if Drew boots one in a crucial spot, will they have to post guards on the Tobin? :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He made a nice play to get the ball. So what if he one hops it to 1b, at least he made a tough play. From someone who has seen him the last 2 years in AA and AAA, his defense has improved. Hes not Iggy, but he can handle the position just fine. if he has 10-15 errors the forst couple years, so what. Hes 20years old and still developing and improving.

Sections
Shortcuts