Bogaerts defense at SS is Scary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Re: Bogaerts defense at SS is Scary

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Nearly throws away rountine bouncer on first ball hit to him tonight. Say what you want about Drew but he is rock solid in the field.

I am as excited as anybody by the potential of Bogie but I am not sure having him in the field in the middle of a pennent race where errors can cost us big games is where he belongs.

Yet you like him enough to give him one of those corny nicknames (Bogie) that they throw around here (Bogie, Doobs, Pedey, Naps, Buch, etc)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He made a nice play to get the ball. So what if he one hops it to 1b, at least he made a tough play. From someone who has seen him the last 2 years in AA and AAA, his defense has improved. Hes not Iggy, but he can handle the position just fine. if he has 10-15 errors the forst couple years, so what. Hes 20years old and still developing and improving.

You saw him play at McCoy or caught a few games on cable?  Big difference.  His defense up to the last game at McCoy was fair and at times bad.  A one hop to first is not a big deal once in a while.  He already bobbled a play in the game which Middy moved over to second.  He bobbled the play and then made a very poor throw to first.

Ive seen him live a lot over the past year or 2 in AA and AAA like I stated above. Portland is not on TV and PawSox every once in a great while.

He made a nice play to get the ball he bounced to 1b. No biggie.

I expect a few nerves his first few games in MLB as Im sure most do, or at least should. I have seen good improvement over this time period Ive been watching him. Obviously the pro scouts and all others involved in his development have as well. Still needs some work since hes still only 20yo. Bogey will make a few errors, but overall he should be just fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Iowasoxfann's comment:

Nearly throws away rountine bouncer on first ball hit to him tonight. Say what you want about Drew but he is rock solid in the field.

I am as excited as anybody by the potential of Bogie but I am not sure having him in the field in the middle of a pennent race where errors can cost us big games is where he belongs.

You are a concerned Red Sox fan but___.

Good OP but _____

Why not a positive statement without a but -----------------?

Leftfielder is a great Red Sox fan but ______________

Appropriate that Pike makes a post about butts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Mazz caught what I thought on that play. He did it by design. Puig hit it in the hole, he had to get rid of it quickly, and bounced it there on purpose. Thought the same thing, immediately.

Not enough time to set his feet and fire against a fast runner. Never would have got him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It must feel great to be only 20 years old and play for the Boston Red Sox.  Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He had a case of the nerves, he will be okay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Lol one play in one game. Must admit posts like this are good for a chuckle. 

How is it silly? My point is Drew is a more reliable defensive SS. Do you disagree with that?

You're carzy if you think Drew is "solid" at SS.  Drew is a terrible SS.  No range.  Can't throw.  Terrible.

you may want to take a look at drews defensive metrics for this year... or better yet watch a game. Drew has been very very good defensively.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Lol one play in one game. Must admit posts like this are good for a chuckle. 

How is it silly? My point is Drew is a more reliable defensive SS. Do you disagree with that?

You're carzy if you think Drew is "solid" at SS.  Drew is a terrible SS.  No range.  Can't throw.  Terrible.

you may want to take a look at drews defensive metrics for this year... or better yet watch a game. Drew has been very very good defensively.

Hes rated pretty highly defensively this year. Hes always been solid defensively. if your just going my metrics, you should watch him play a lot. Hes a stats guys nightmare on defense.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

"Scary" might be a tad hyperbolic and Chicken Littlish.  A declaration that might be made by Count Floyd.

I'd have to see more of him before I'd consider him unsteady or unreliable.  However, with that big frame, he does look a bit clumsy out there.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

his 1 hopper to first was intentional.

Sections
Shortcuts