Bold Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Bold Prediction

Youkilis comes back, Ross does not.

We are in need of a 1B now and what better choice to bring back the Youk now that BV is gone.

He belongs in Boston and we could use his glove at 1B, and his stick in the line-up.

As far as Ross goes, if the Sox were interested in keeping him, they would have done a deal before the end of the season, IMO.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Bold Prediction

In response to wallyisdead's comment:

So you will be starting more whine Youk threads.

Can't wait.

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Maybe his glove, but his stick? Not much of a stick anymore IMO...235AVG .336OBP .407SLG in 2012...Will be 34 before the 2013 season starts. If they cant find anyone better, which I think they can, maybe on a 1yr deal at low cost...His numbers have been trending downward the last 2 years...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I'd prefer Youk over our aged minor league 1B "prospects", and think he could return to an OPS in the mid-800s back in Fenway happy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Heres a bold prediction (S): at least two of the following players will be traded this offseason: Jon Lester, Felix Doubront, Dustin Pedrioa, Saltalamacchia, Jacoby Ellsbury.

Full rebuild is in effect.....which combined with our farm system could have us playoff worthy easily by 2014...IMHO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think First base will come from within, there is so much talent in the minor league system they will move someone from third over to first base.  A Boagerts or possibly a Gecchini.  Maybe Travis Shaw emerges, but everything I've read about him doesn't project him very well into higher minor leagues......but hey you never know.  The next Masher in Boston could be a guy we don't see coming 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I think First base will come from within, there is so much talent in the minor league system they will move someone from third over to first base.  A Boagerts or possibly a Gecchini.  Maybe Travis Shaw emerges, but everything I've read about him doesn't project him very well into higher minor leagues......but hey you never know.  The next Masher in Boston could be a guy we don't see coming 

I wouldn't mind resigning Youk to play 1st, in the mean time.

Perhaps returning to 1st base can help his offense.

If not, he'll be cheap enough to be released and the Sox can bring someone else up.

Shaw hit well in the Carolina league, not so much in Porland.

But, it was only 31 games.

Either way, he probably wouldn't be ready until 2014.

I could put up with Youk for one year, but could he put up with the Sox?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Perhaps the Sox let Ross and Ortiz find deals elsewhere.

Gomez could be the fulltime DH and LaRoche, Napoli or Youk at 1 B.

Trade Ells and a prospect to the DBacks for Chris Young.

There will be many, many moves this offseason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Sure, and get Hanley Ramirez back and Bronson Aroyo and Jed Lowrie and Josh Reddick and Farrell's coming back and get Jason Bay back and Masterson and maybe Pedro can come out of the bullpen and...

Some folks just can't let go.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't think so.  The Sox need a really good bat at 1B, and Youk ain't it.  Bogaerts might be, but he ain't ready. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Youk will be in Reds uni next season.  He will take $5M from the Reds over $10M from the Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

We are in need of a 1B now and what better choice to bring back the Youk now that BV is gone.

He belongs in Boston and we could use his glove at 1B, and his stick in the line-up.

As far as Ross goes, if the Sox were interested in keeping him, they would have done a deal before the end of the season, IMO.

You are so wrong on this. I watched Youk here in Chicago and he was absolutely brutal in September. The White Sox will try to bring him back on a contract in the $3M range with incentives.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

You are kidding right? Chris Young has been awful over the last four years.

Averaged 19 HR, 61 RBI, .230 Average or so, 125K in 425 Average AB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Sorry have to agree w/ no Youk in Boston. Just what RS don't need another guy who spends more time on DL than field hasn't played in more than 125 games since 2009. Plus bat has gotten slow. Time to move on, he was great when he was here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

The Ross and ortiz negotiations are already beginning.

Gomez is a 28yr old AAA guy for a reason.

Ells AND a prospect for the over-hyped and underachieving Chris Young? Thats insane...

There WILL be many, many moves this off season. I pray none of which include any of these moves...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Not sure that I agree with you.  I believe that resigning Ross should be a top priority of the Red Sox.  Someone who enjoys playing in Boston and had a very good season.  Don't see Youk returning to the Red Sox. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Not sure that I agree with you.  I believe that resigning Ross should be a top priority of the Red Sox.  Someone who enjoys playing in Boston and had a very good season.  Don't see Youk returning to the Red Sox. 

I totally agree with you. Ross should be and I believe is a top priority for the Sox. Youk for whatever reasons has lost a good portion of his skill set. That and he can't stay healthy.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Bring back Youk? Way to think outside the box!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Don't think Youk is coming back, and don't support that.  But have to admit that Youk's bat is about as good as any other 1Bman on the FA market, and easily better than Loney's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I like Ross and he became a fan favorite.  He reminds me of Trot Nixon.    :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Maybe his glove, but his stick? Not much of a stick anymore IMO...235AVG .336OBP .407SLG in 2012...Will be 34 before the 2013 season starts. If they cant find anyone better, which I think they can, maybe on a 1yr deal at low cost...His numbers have been trending downward the last 2 years...

if bringing back youk is a SOX priority, than the FO is definitely not interested in improving the team. hell. i'd rather see gomez given a chance.

Im not for Gomez either, but I would rather give him a shot than sign Youk...

Sections
Shortcuts