Bonds gets a slap on the wrist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Bonds gets a slap on the wrist

What a joke this is.  What does this mean for Roger?  BTW, is this a forbidden link?  If so, I got it from AP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Bonds gets a slap on the wrist

More taxpayer's dollars wasted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So what he got probation for 3 years. You He should do time in jail for a non-violent crime Please we need to stop putting people in jail and do more of the same for first time non violent criminals.

Only put those in jail that are violent criminals.

All first time pot criminals should be on home monitors and probation.

BTW I am  an Independent with Conservative leanings. Not a bleeding heart liberal as many of you immediately thought

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Can he still play RF?

(LOL)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No, but I bet he can still out hit Drew. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The joke in all of this is all the time and money (taxpayer money at that) wasted on such a useless venture.

They proved what we all already knew. Whoopdeedoo.

Feds already messed up on the first day of Clemens trial. Oh well, flush that money and start over!

I wish someone would arrest all the wasteful DAs, Judges and politicians driving this through the courtrooms.

Our legal system is a joke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Bonds gets a slap on the wrist:
    The joke in all of this is all the time and money (taxpayer money at that) wasted on such a useless venture. They proved what we all already knew. Whoopdeedoo. Feds already messed up on the first day of Clemens trial. Oh well, flush that money and start over! I wish someone would arrest all the wasteful DAs, Judges and politicians driving this through the courtrooms. Our legal system is a joke.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Amen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The least they could have done after wasting all that time and money is throw his azz in jail for a month. Gee wiz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to "Re: Bonds gets a slap on the wrist":
    The joke in all of this is all the time and money (taxpayer money at that) wasted on such a useless venture. They proved what we all already knew. Whoopdeedoo. Feds already messed up on the first day of Clemens trial. Oh well, flush that money and start over! I wish someone would arrest all the wasteful DAs, Judges and politicians driving this through the courtrooms. Our legal system is a joke. Posted by ma6dragon9
    Agreed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

ma6dragon9.......exactly correct.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Not Really. The whole world knows he cheated and will never get the respect he deserves which might be worse than if he got caught with pot/cocaine or something like that and had to serve time in jail. With his ego that sentence is far greater. Clemens falls into the same category.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Sports leagues need to police themselves. I don't give a damn that Bonds did not go to jail, he has enough money to buy his way out of jailtime, anyone with half a brain had that figured out. What adds insult to injury is OUR taxes are paying for all this nonsense!!!

It's not as if the government doesn't have it's plate full of REAL problems without trying to find out if some clown padded his stats by using illiegal substances. When and Why did this become a problem for our judicial system?....shouldn't the commisioner and the owners be footing the bill to clean up the sport and the mess they have made of it?

I know, I ask alot of questions. But, I also know the answer already. Keep wringing money out of the public. Why should rich people pay for anything when they can get taxmoney collected from the middleclass to pay?

Bonds and Clemens are @sses. They should have been penalized where it hurts most ...in the wallet!!! The league should have fined them , kept them from using MLB licencing on collectables, stopped them from any assosiation with MLB and strip them of all titles, awards and honors of any kind. Set an example so that newer crumbs like Braun will not continue this tradition of decadence that is reducing the sport to a gross, meaningless spectacle that makes the WWF look legit in comparison.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: Bonds gets a slap on the wrist:
    It's not as if the government doesn't have it's plate full of REAL problems without trying to find out if some clown padded his stats by using illiegal substances. When and Why did this become a problem for our judicial system?

We're getting two issues very confused here - the baseball issue and the legal issue.  This became a problem when they lied to a Grand Jury. This country has enough problems with it's legal system and "the best defense money can buy" without rubbing the noses of the general populace in the fact that it's true. 

Telling lies to a Grand Jury is something that just can't be allowed to happen! I'm NOT pleased that they're not going to jail for it.  The message has to be sent sometime that you can't thumb your nose at a Grand Jury just because you have money, and high-profile individuals such as professional athletes is a very good place to start.   

Bonds and Clemens are @sses. They should have been penalized where it hurts most ...in the wallet!!! The league should have fined them , kept them from using MLB licencing on collectables, stopped them from any assosiation with MLB and strip them of all titles, awards and honors of any kind. Set an example so that newer crumbs like Braun will not continue this tradition of decadence that is reducing the sport to a gross, meaningless spectacle that makes the WWF look legit in comparison.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

...and this last paragraph I agree with unequivocally.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sad. This guy had the best swing I've ever seen, total domination. I LOVED watching him hit. If he had stayed clean he would have still topped 600 HR IMO, and was a first round HOF'er. I don't care how much you juice, coming back to MLB after being out for almost a year and mashing the ball off the top of the center field fence in your first at bat takes talent. What a waste.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sad that the government spent tax dollars on this issue when they should never have been involved in the steroid issue to begin with.  Millions of tax payer dollars down the drain to give Bonds a slap on the wrist.  Doesn't matter what he did - the government has no place in this - the responsibility lies with MLB.

Sections
Shortcuts