Boo these losers opening day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

Boo these losers opening day

As soon as they take the field. Seriously... enough is enough. I won't take the time to list the myriad examples of selfish, whiny, bratty, greedy, lazy, dishonorable, embarrassing behavior from the team all the way up to the front office the last few years, but even besides that, this team has also been badly underachieving for a few years now. I say do your frigging job or hear about it. I'm sure the millions of dollars for playing a game (and constantly sucking at/whining about it) will assuage them to the point where they wouldn't play any worse out of resentment at being booed or something (oh wait, that sounds just like this club... honestly, would that headline surprise anyone??).

I root for the laundry, but a few of the other posters are right... this team is INCREDIBLY unlikeable- I realized that last year. Anyone who says differently is simply in denial. A bunch of lazy, melodramatic, fat, underachieving, overpaid brats who are constantly making headlines for anything but winning.

It is flat-out embarrassing to be a Red Sox fan these days. I live overseas and completely regret paying $100 for the MLB package to watch these hacks play... I can't IMAGINE paying that (or more) per ticket to see this soulless money-making machine stink it up on the field while stabbing each other's backs and complaining about everything off it. Again, don't need to get specific (basically every player besides Pedroia either sucks or has engaged in some sort of obnoxious behavior that's been documented in public), because we all know what's out there.

F this team. I'll always root for them, and if they start doing well, fine by me, but I still completely understand why we are probably the most hated franchise in American sports these days. I would kill to be a Rays fan right now... an understated, hard-working, close-knit, athletic team who out-everything us year after year, rather than the second highest payroll of outspoken, larger-than-life personalities who AREN'T EVEN GOOD (Is there ANYTHING more annoying... seriously, is there, Josh Beckett?).

Anyone who cannot admit that from an objective standpoint, WE are the bad guys, the Empire to their Rebels, the Goliath to their David, is simply kidding themselves.

Rant over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Boo these losers opening day

Boos would the best action fans could take. Letting the overpiced and poor performing billion dollar labor pool know that they stink is better than applauding these slugs as they laugh alll the way to the bank.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If you don't like them,don't watch them.Pretty simple. 
     I'm sure the Rays would love to have you as a fan.Grab a cowbell and start rooting for them,you have that option.No one is making you stay a Red Sox fan 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day:
    [QUOTE] If you don't like them,don't watch them.Pretty simple.   I'm sure the Rays would love to have you as a fan.Grab a cowbell and start rooting for them,you have that option.No one is making you stay a Red Sox fan 
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is funny how so-called fans rip the players for not being able to gut it out last fall when things got tough, yet now when things are tough for team and they're losing, they want fans to abandon the team.

And how many of them rip the so-called pink hats.

Me? I'll continue to root for the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day : Yeah it is funny how so-called fans rip the players for not being able to gut it out last fall when things got tough, yet now when things are tough for team and they're losing, they want fans to abandon the team. And how many of them rip the so-called pink hats. Me? I'll continue to root for the team.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Slight difference- we aren't treated like Kings and being paid millions to "gut it out." In fact, WE'RE the ones indirectly paying THEM to gut it out.

And Mojo, I did stop watching.

All I really wanted to say is I think being booed is deserved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

The Sox should be sued for breach of fiduciary duties for squandering fans money and impersonating a MLB team. What a bunch of non-performing stiffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

What are you complaining about then?You should be happy for your Rays and their start.Here's a link so you can follow your team:

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/fan_forum/index.jsp?c_id=tb

It's kind of silly to do something you don't like.For example,I don't like brussell sprouts,so I don't go to a restaurant,order brussell sprouts and then complain about how I don't like them.I prefer corn,so that's what I get.
    Avoiding something you don't like just seems like the better thing to do.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Boo these losers opening day:
    [QUOTE]As soon as they take the field. Seriously... enough is enough. I won't take the time to list the myriad examples of selfish, whiny, bratty, greedy, lazy, dishonorable, embarrassing behavior from the team all the way up to the front office the last few years, but even besides that, this team has also been badly underachieving for a few years now. I say do your frigging job or hear about it. I'm sure the millions of dollars for playing a game (and constantly sucking at/whining about it) will assuage them to the point where they wouldn't play any worse out of resentment at being booed or something (oh wait, that sounds just like this club... honestly, would that headline surprise anyone??). I root for the laundry, but a few of the other posters are right... this team is INCREDIBLY unlikeable- I realized that last year. Anyone who says differently is simply in denial. A bunch of lazy, melodramatic, fat, underachieving, overpaid brats who are constantly making headlines for anything but winning. It is flat-out embarrassing to be a Red Sox fan these days. I live overseas and completely regret paying $100 for the MLB package to watch these hacks play... I can't IMAGINE paying that (or more) per ticket to see this soulless money-making machine stink it up on the field while stabbing each other's backs and complaining about everything off it. Again, don't need to get specific (basically every player besides Pedroia either sucks or has engaged in some sort of obnoxious behavior that's been documented in public), because we all know what's out there. F this team. I'll always root for them, and if they start doing well, fine by me, but I still completely understand why we are probably the most hated franchise in American sports these days. I would kill to be a Rays fan right now... an understated, hard-working, close-knit, athletic team who out-everything us year after year, rather than the second highest payroll of outspoken, larger-than-life personalities who AREN'T EVEN GOOD (Is there ANYTHING more annoying... seriously, is there, Josh Beckett?). Anyone who cannot admit that from an objective standpoint, WE are the bad guys, the Empire to their Rebels, the Goliath to their David, is simply kidding themselves. Rant over.
    Posted by tombirner[/QUOTE]

Hope that rant makes you feel better. How quickly fans forget the Sox won the WS in 2004 and 2007. Look, after the mess last season, did you really expect perfection at the start of this season? With all the crappy signings left behind by Theo, the Sox are going to need time to right the ship. It may not happen fully this season, but giving up already is ridiculous. But hey, Tom, go ahead and be a Rays fan. No one is forcing you to root for the Sox. Good or bad, I will remain a Sox fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE] If you don't like them,don't watch them.Pretty simple.   I'm sure the Rays would love to have you as a fan.Grab a cowbell and start rooting for them,you have that option.No one is making you stay a Red Sox fan 
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

This is such a petty response. So, as fans, we should just blindly cheer them regardless of what they do? No, not even close.

They STUNK at the beginning, and end of last year, and they STINK right now. They do not deserve the adulation of the fans, they need to EARN it back. They get PAID to be here, and paid obnoxiously well...if THEY don't like fans questioning them, THEY should retire.

Do you just blindly support other things too? Wall Street? Big business? The ongoing war in the Mid-East? If not, what are you? A terrorist? Go live in another country!

More and more fans are getting sick of it, and rightly so. They played some of the best baseball over 4 months I've ever seen last year...and failed to make the playoffs because they coast into the season, and took making the playoffs for granted. Do you show up to work, b s for 2 hours, then work hard for 4, and mentally check out 2 hours before YOU are off the clock? How would the people signing your checks feel about that? I don't think you'd have a job for very long...not even at minimum wage, never mind making MILLIONS. Oh, but we're supposed to support them.

Wake up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TO TOMBIRNER...WHERE DO YOU GET THE PACKAGE
    FOR $100 ?? I GOTTA PAY 180 FROM CABLEVISION.
    IT DOES HURT TO WATCH THE SOX THESE DAYS
    WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE PRODUCT THEY PUT ON
    THE FIELD. SALTALAMACCHIA IS NOT A MAJOR
    LEAGUE CATCHER AND CANT HIT A LICK...WHEN
    WILL THEY REALIZE THAT. ROSS, AVILES, PUNTO
    McDONALD, SWEENEY ARE ALL SCRUB CASTOFFS
    NO WONDER WE ARE 1-5 AS OF THURSDAY,APRIL 12.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Any fan who boos the sox at Fenway should be dragged from their seat onto the pitcher's mound and beaten with chicken wings untill they yell "uncle"

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day : Do you sign their checks?
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

ALL fans do.

Me less than most because I don't pay Yawkey Way, directly, for anything.

And I forgot the main point for my coming to this thread:

I say don't boo them, not yet. But don't cheer them either. The most satisfying thing for me to see would be a full, dead silent stadium as the players are introduced, just patiently waiting for the game to start, and the team to show something. Beckett starts to get hammered again? Boo long and hard, but not before.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

No

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

I wouldnt boo, but I guarantee when friday comes its going to be ugly in Fenway.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day : Yet you seem angrier than most...weird
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

That's the issue right there. The irrationale anger. Sports are supposed to be fun, a release from every day real issues. It's one thing to be upset and mad when the team isn't doing well, but the anger and even hatred some people express is just so far over the top, you really want to keep sharp instruments away from them and tell them to seek professional help.

I have no problem booing in certain situations. Later in the game, if Youk strikes out for the third time, for if Beckett gets shelled from the get-go. 

But this is the home opener. OK, so the team started 1-5. It's hardly an insurmountable deficit. Now is the time to celebrate the new season, put last year behind us, and celebrate 100 years of Fenway Park.

I think most Red Sox fans are proud of Fenway, even if they think it should be replaced. Why some are so offended by celebrating its 100th anniversary.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yeah, booing them will really fix their little red wagons. Seriously, how old are you people? I was at a game with my oldest son, who was 8 at the time. A few fans were booing a player. He looks at me and says, "That seems pretty childish."

He was 8.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hahaha.  Just like I guarantee that if Softy was talking to anyone on this board face-to-face, he would never act like the jerk he acts like on this board, I guarantee the would-be boo birds would be cheering right along with everyone else at Fenway tonight if they were there.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day : That's the issue right there. The irrationale anger. Sports are supposed to be fun, a release from every day real issues. It's one thing to be upset and mad when the team isn't doing well, but the anger and even hatred some people express is just so far over the top, you really want to keep sharp instruments away from them and tell them to seek professional help. I have no problem booing in certain situations. Later in the game, if Youk strikes out for the third time, for if Beckett gets shelled from the get-go.  But this is the home opener. OK, so the team started 1-5. It's hardly an insurmountable deficit. Now is the time to celebrate the new season, put last year behind us, and celebrate 100 years of Fenway Park. I think most Red Sox fans are proud of Fenway, even if they think it should be replaced. Why some are so offended by celebrating its 100th anniversary.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Original poster here. In response to the lat few responses:

I've simmered down. You guys are probably right: much too early to boo, at least before the next crappy performance goes happens- which, yes, probably isn't for lack of effort.

And to another poster... I'm a really fast typist and I enjoy the written word (not to imply my original post merited a Pulitzer or anything, ha ha). I'm thirty years old, and TRUST ME, I've come to realize sports aren't that important. I'm not nearly as anger as my post probably makes me sound. Every time I watch them lose (though I haven't watched the last few games), I just kind of roll my eyes and chuckle.

Part of me actually finds the whole story pretty entertaining. I admit I get a kick out of reading all the negative posts and negative press... it kind of fascinates me, the state the Red Sox franchise is in. Such disarray at seemingly every level, in every facet. I don't know what it says about me... guess I'm a masochist.

Anyway, still a young season, I expect nothing above third place, but I don't know everything about sports. I can be pretty negative- I thought the Celts were done this year, too!