Boo these losers opening day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

Re: Boo these losers opening day

In Response to; Boo these losers opening day:
    As soon as they take the field. Seriously... enough is enough. I won't take the time to list the myriad examples of selfish, whiny, bratty, greedy, lazy, dishonorable, embarrassing behavior from the team all the way up to the front office the last few years, but even besides that, this team has also been badly underachieving for a few years now. I say do your frigging job or hear about it. I'm sure the millions of dollars for playing a game (and constantly sucking at/whining about it) will assuage them to the point where they wouldn't play any worse out of resentment at being booed or something (oh wait, that sounds just like this club... honestly, would that headline surprise anyone??). I root for the laundry, but a few of the other posters are right... this team is INCREDIBLY unlikeable- I realized that last year. Anyone who says differently is simply in denial. A bunch of lazy, melodramatic, fat, underachieving, overpaid brats who are constantly making headlines for anything but winning. It is flat-out embarrassing to be a Red Sox fan these days. I live overseas and completely regret paying $100 for the MLB package to watch these hacks play... I can't IMAGINE paying that (or more) per ticket to see this soulless money-making machine stink it up on the field while stabbing each other's backs and complaining about everything off it. Again, don't need to get specific (basically every player besides Pedroia either sucks or has engaged in some sort of obnoxious behavior that's been documented in public), because we all know what's out there. F this team. I'll always root for them, and if they start doing well, fine by me, but I still completely understand why we are probably the most hated franchise in American sports these days. I would kill to be a Rays fan right now... an understated, hard-working, close-knit, athletic team who out-everything us year after year, rather than the second highest payroll of outspoken, larger-than-life personalities who AREN'T EVEN GOOD (Is there ANYTHING more annoying... seriously, is there, Josh Beckett?). Anyone who cannot admit that from an objective standpoint, WE are the bad guys, the Empire to their Rebels, the Goliath to their David, is simply kidding themselves. Rant over.
    Posted by tombirner

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day:
    In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day : ALL fans do. Me less than most because I don't pay Yawkey Way, directly, for anything. And I forgot the main point for my coming to this thread: I say don't boo them, not yet. But don't cheer them either. The most satisfying thing for me to see would be a full, dead silent stadium as the players are introduced, just patiently waiting for the game to start, and the team to show something. Beckett starts to get hammered again? Boo long and hard, but not before.
    Posted by ma6dragon9
    You know how to cure that right? Don't go to the games. Don't buy the TV package, simple really.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Idiot thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

These sorry SOB's should be tarred and feathered ,and rode out of town on a rail.Booing is too good for them.Of course there are those that say its only 6 games and then they will say its only 52 games,only 77 games,only 101 games and at the close of a disastrous season,don't fret,its only 159 games.They should be booed out of the Universe.That is how lousy sorry they are.(The sorry team,that is.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Fans don't get paid as free agents, they do the paying. If fans don't like the palyers wearing the Red Sox uniforms, they should boo as much as they want to. In fact, the MLBPA works for the fans. Players hear the boos and don't like getting criticized. And that is the point. The only way players who stink can ebb the criticism is to play better baseball. Any smart fans will boo the heck of these bums when they return home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

If you don't like them,don't watch them.Pretty simple.   I'm sure the Rays would love to have you as a fan.Grab a cowbell and start rooting for them,you have that option.No one is making you stay a Red Sox fan 
    Posted by mrmojo1120

If you were doing a bad job at work .Would you think that your boss would say thats ok  we love ya ? Right now they suck ,so lets show our love ????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Wanting to boo the players/management is 'childish'.

And yet, coming on a message board to tell people how childish they are being is acceptable?

Oh, if only we could all be so well adjusted.

Pointing to the high road is not the same as taking it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I would never boo my team at the beginning of the game, even if they were 0 - 59. You can boo during the game when a player doesn't run hard to first or strikes out swinging for the fences when all he needed to do was sky out to bring in the man at third.

Never boo at the beginning of a game - I don't care.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's not just the players that are getting booed. It's the management and ownership as well, and maybe more is directed towards them.

Where, how, when else can fans boo the men upstairs?

Some people are getting too caught up on one aspect of this, the failings have MORE to do with mismanagement than lack of effort. In fact, I don't recall reading anywhere that someone was questioning this team's effort...more the attitude of some of the players and, again, suits.

Many players deserve the applause they are going to get when introduced. The most interesting will be the reception Valentine gets...I suspect it will be very cold.

Just because I'm a conspiracy theorist...if anyone reading this is actually going to be there, pay attention to the PA and see if they do the old Colts trick and pipe in some applause. It wouldn't surprise me given management's obsession with image. They're cringing at the thought of this not going perfectly for them I imagine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day : I booed as a kid but as I got older I realized it was pretty stupid. I can see booing if it is clear the players don't care and are not hustling. This is not the case with this team. They are struggling for a variety of reasons but it is not due to a lack of effort. Booing them will only make it worse. It is not going to wake them up, they are already awake and if anything are pressing. Booing will only make them press more
    Posted by thepeskypole6

Unfortunately a good number of fans in this town are immature or childish. Money aside, the players are for the most part mired in a team wide slump. The fan base needs to get behind it's team and support them through hard times and hope they will pull the season out.  Booing will only make for a more negative scene and make the players only press more. Also what free aagent would want to sign with the Sox knowing you'll only come here to witness a bunch of BOO BIRDS.

Hetchinspete 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Wanting to boo the players/management is 'childish'. And yet, coming on a message board to tell people how childish they are being is acceptable? Oh, if only we could all be so well adjusted. Pointing to the high road is not the same as taking it.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

We come to this message because we are fan or fanatics of the Red sox uniform, teams, and players and yes even management over the years. That is why we are called fans. We owe no free pass, loyalty or allegiance to any regular on this forum. If you act childish on this forum, we have every right to call you out on it. In fact it is our duty to ridicule you for such juvenile statements that are unbecoming and atypical for a fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I would never boo my team at the beginning of the game, even if they were 0 - 59. You can boo during the game when a player doesn't run hard to first or strikes out swinging for the fences when all he needed to do was sky out to bring in the man at third. Never boo at the beginning of a game - I don't care.
    Posted by jesseyeric

word.  but, jess, this is boston, remember.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Boo these losers opening day : Hope that rant makes you feel better. How quickly fans forget the Sox won the WS in 2004 and 2007. Look, after the mess last season, did you really expect perfection at the start of this season? With all the crappy signings left behind by Theo, the Sox are going to need time to right the ship. It may not happen fully this season, but giving up already is ridiculous. But hey, Tom, go ahead and be a Rays fan. No one is forcing you to root for the Sox. Good or bad, I will remain a Sox fan.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Yes, it's a rant and yes, the Sox did win the WS in 2004 and 2007, and so on. The point being made here, and other posts, is that for $180 mil, the Sox have an incredibly unproductive team that is indeed hard to get excited about. Whether one chooses to complain, watch and complain, not watch, that's all personal choice and completely irrelevant to the larger point, the sad reality that for all the desire to spend and compete with the Yanks, somebody really missed the boat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

We'll take any ex-pats errrr ex-sox fans any day. Bring a cowbell the Sox fans hate it. 

Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

If I thought for one moment it would do any good I'd boo my brains out but I'm not seeing any reason to boo these guys right now. I find it very hard to believe they are any happier right now than we fans are.  

I simply believe collectively the team is just not that good. But who's fault is that??   The players didn't put this team together. The players didn't spend millions for free agent busts. The players are not responsible for the players signed and not resigned.  

I believe what was our biggest problem is now in Chicago, and it's going to take at least a couple of years to undo the mess he left here.  I don't think we have any quick fix options, and I certainly don't see how booing our team does anything more than make us fans part of the problem.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

So it's the player's fault that ownership put out an inferior product?

You punish the guys that created this mess - stop watching the games, stop buying hats, shirts, etc.  Hit these guys in the only place they understand - their wallets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Yep, Idiot Thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Boo these losers opening day : If you were doing a bad job at work .Would you think that your boss would say thats ok  we love ya ? Right now they suck ,so lets show our love ????
    Posted by donrd4

If someone is doing a bad job at their work,their boss would say something to them and try to figure out how to improve their performance at work.With the Red Sox,that's Valentine's and the other coaches job to do work with the players to help them improve their performance.
      People have a choice,you don't HAVE to go to Fenway to watch the Sox.If you don't like what they're doing,why would you shell out a bunch of money paying for tickets,food,transportation,etc,, if you're going to spend 4 hours being miserable?Seems like an exercise in futility to me.If you don't like the way the team is,not supporting them financially by buying tickets or merchandise would be a more effective course of action.
        Maybe some people are most happy when they're miserable and complaining,I just don't understand it because I'm not that way.     

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So based upon how the team played last year and their start this year (which is better than lasy) I should not watch or I should boo them.

Gee based upon that theory, I and many many others, should have stopped watching back in the late 50's and early 60's when in an 8 team league they usually finished 4th in 11 years and then in a 10 team league they finished no higher than 6th for 6 years. So in 17 years they were really bad. Then I also had the chance to stop watching between 80 and 85 when they finished no better than 4th in a 7 team division.
    Of course it was more about the game then.

Too many today equate the salaries in all debates about baseball and other sports as well. If all you do is worry or complain about the salaries you might want to find another outlet for your spare time.

For me and I assume many others it is about the game.

As a disclaimer I believe all the BS surrounding the end of last year was much ado about nothing. The stuff that went on in the clubhouse happens in every clubhouse. You'd know this if you listened to non RS players as well as managers.
    The stuff about TF was pure BS as well. They just did not play well.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Opening Day will be a celebration of 100 years of Red Sox baseball at Fenway Park. It's not about any 1 season or group of players, it's about the past century! I think cheers and an air of celebration should be expected from all true fans. There will be time for soul searching and recriminations on other days. Please don't ruin this day for all the fans, young and old, who will be attending or watching the game on T.V.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Opening Day will be a celebration of 100 years of Red Sox baseball at Fenway Park. It's not about any 1 season or group of players, it's about the past century! I think cheers and an air of celebration should be expected from all true fans. There will be time for soul searching and recriminations on other days. Please don't ruin this day for all the fans, young and old, who will be attending or watching the game on T.V.
    Posted by Teakus

Excellent post!

Sections
Shortcuts