Boras discusses Ellsbury and Red Sox extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Boras discusses Ellsbury and Red Sox extension

In response to Boras discusses Ellsbury and Red Sox extension:

I think it would be best to trade Ellsbury during the off season. But instead of J. Upton I'd rather they use the trade to shore up the starting rotation.

This is right on target. Bradley will be ready in a year or so. And with our SP ranking ELEVENTH in the league its easy to see where the team needs the most help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

As great as Ellsbury is IMO, he is not optimized for Fenway. Teams like the Yanks and the Phillies will pay top dollar for him and Boras knows that. I suspect the Sox want him back bad but he probably leaves. It's too bad as he is one of the best players in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Els is a goner. There zero chance they give him a franchise type deal. I like him a hope he stays but there is no chance he stays, some GM is gonna give him a monster deal. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Boras discusses Ellsbury and Red Sox extension:

As great as Ellsbury is IMO, he is not optimized for Fenway. Teams like the Yanks and the Phillies will pay top dollar for him and Boras knows that. I suspect the Sox want him back bad but he probably leaves. It's too bad as he is one of the best players in the league.

Let those teams pay top dollar for him.

He is no where near "one of the best players in the league" except in his own mind and in the mind of Borass.

Sections
Shortcuts