Boston Media Bought and Sold

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Boston Media Bought and Sold

I have never been blessed with the chance to attend a game but it still is special to me every time I watch a game.  I have enjoyed watching them get rid of the moniker "lovable Sox" which only can apply to a loser and become part of the most heated rivalry in sports! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Guess you folks that live near Fenway - at least near enough to attend games - are so familiar with it that you focus on the flaws.  That's too bad.  Those of us who remain faithful fans from afar can only imagine the thrill of attending a game at Fenway.  Haven't been since I was a kid growing up in Belmont.  Being able to attend one more game at Fenway is on my bucket list. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Fenway Park is a great story.  And it is full of intrigue and nostalgia...but....

Right field is a death trap (Kalish, Drew, Trot), the capacity is crap, lefties generally dont pitch well (righties can just pull the ball of the monster).

As a historic landmark, it is really something to see; however, it is a poorly functioning ballpark.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Media Bought and Sold:
    Fenway Park is a great story.  And it is full of intrigue and nostalgia...but.... Right field is a death trap (Kalish, Drew, Trot), the capacity is crap, lefties generally dont pitch well (righties can just pull the ball of the monster). As a historic landmark, it is really something to see; however, it is a poorly functioning ballpark.
    Posted by Drewski5

Yanquis seem to enjoy Fenway. So far 5 dingers. Due to injuries, we don't have much to work with. BV will soon have an ulcer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Media Bought and Sold:
    In Response to Re: Boston Media Bought and Sold : Ha.  I wish we still had the old garden.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I can't imagine if games were still played in the old garden.  It was difficult to play and watch games.  No air-conditioning made it really uncomfortable especially for the players when the weather got warmer. 

Sections
Shortcuts