Boston Red Sox, best record in the American League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Boston Red Sox, best record in the American League

Just sayin'...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Boston Red Sox, best record in the American League

just sayin', did you say they would after the 2-10 start? I did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ur soooooooooooooooo  boooooooss

Not to panic after 12 games.

WOW  you are just sooooooooooooooo  great

Wish everyone could be like yoooooooooouuuuuuuuu

our hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

No, I didn't say "not to panic". I said:

"I'm not worried at all. Barring a long term injury to Lester, Buch, Lackey, Papelbon, Bard, Pedroia, Agon, Youk or Ortiz, the Red Sox will soon blow by the other teams"

Still waiting for Agon to be in his Padre uniform for 2011 opening day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I didn't say they would have the best record in the AL, but I said over and over that they would be right back in the hunt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

great job to the poster. i was just about to start the thread. since may 1st, best recoed in baseball and we can keep it going., we are #1 in every meaningful offensive stat. only one we lack is in homeruns where we are #3 and perhaps hitting with runners in scoring position. starting pitching has been great since may as well. we are midddle of the road statistically and due for an uptick. hitting can in fact get even better if pedy starts hitting righties again, drew gets going against anyone,and youk gets on an inevitable streak. still think there's an upside to salty that stil  hasnt been reached. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I wouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves.  Take a look at last year's pattern.  It's identical.  A slow start.  Then we spent about two months crushing the opposition.  then 8-9 guys went on the DL at the same time.  I'll wait a bit longer to celebrate.

Still, what happened to the 100s of posters telling what a bad job T&T were doing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Joe,

They are waiting for the Sox to cool off.  Then they can start to whine again.  I suppose I'm stating the obvious.

I was I was delusional for believing everything would be all right, even to the point of being asked with a fair amount of salt which season I meant, surely not this one.  That as late as going into May 4 games below .500.

It will take a few more major injuries to slow us down.  With Dice-K out and Lackey hurt the starting rotation has already felt it's share.  Almost losing Pedey for a month or so would have been painful but we'd have weathered it. 

That being said, I in no way expect the Bombers to go away.  And as Moon and Harness have been pointing out, I don't xpect TB to go away either.  It will be a hard fought season.

But I fully expect to be in the dance at the end.  Always have.  Every post has stated it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

First: 6/7/2011
    Last: 6/11/2011             

I did, but I was off.  I had the Sox taking control of the AL East as well as best record by July 1st.  I was off by about two weeks.
    just sayin', did you say they would after the 2-10 start? I did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Amazing considering we only have 3 guy's hitting the ball consistently.  I'm just hoping for the best record in October, early November.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Right on, tcal2. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Red Sox, best record in the American League:
    [QUOTE]Amazing considering we only have 3 guy's hitting the ball consistently.  I'm just hoping for the best record in October, early November.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

The very best thing to hope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

*best record in ALL of baseball. Although teams have their ups and downs throughout the season, I'd love to see where they'd be without that horrid 2-10 start. Those bold predictions of 105 wins wouldn't be too far-fetched.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]*best record in ALL of baseball. Although teams have their ups and downs throughout the season, I'd love to see where they'd be without that horrid 2-10 start. Those bold predictions of 105 wins wouldn't be too far-fetched.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]If they keep hitting like this 105 wins might still not be farfetched.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Joe, come on, this team has added AGon (better overall offense and defense than a career 2010 year from Beltre) and spent to improve the pen depth and unless one of the core players listed, supra, gets long term hurt, it will blow by the other teams and win from 96 to 100 game range.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Actually, tied for the best record in baseball with the Phillies. But Tcal is right, none of this means squat until October, when it's the first team to 11.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Since April 15, the Red Sox (36-16) are playing at a .690 clip. They not continue to win at that level, but right now, they are the hottest team in MLB. That includes the Phillies. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Every game for a contender means more than squat. What happens earlier in the year is not subtractied from the overall record. Big myth that it doesn't mean anything. It doesn't gurantee anyting until the season long job is done, but it's very much a part of the season long job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Heres the best example I can think of on what it means when people say games dont mean anything early in the season (april/may)...Every year for the first month or 2 totonto and baltimore are at the top. come May/June things usually flip-flop..Boston/Ny/TB/TOR, and baltimore in the basement..So they DO obviously mean something, but it seems the bottom feeders get out of the gate quick and the big boys realize its a marathon and not a sprint...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Just saying when all was doom and gloom and fire Theo and Francona and they were not ready for the year, etc...
    I said"Water seeks it's own level" and as I look at the standings seems to have done exactly that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Spot on Jim!! The cream always rises to the top!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]No, I didn't say "not to panic". I said: "I'm not worried at all. Barring a long term injury to Lester, Buch, Lackey, Papelbon, Bard, Pedroia, Agon, Youk or Ortiz, the Red Sox will soon blow by the other teams" Still waiting for Agon to be in his Padre uniform for 2011 opening day.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

JE is also one of there core players. just another case of softy being softy.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts