Bourn-Again Yankees???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: Bourn-Again Yankees???

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clearly, though you just learned about it after my post, TWM, you are suddenly the "end of story" expert on the entire matter, notwithstanding the fact that a number of pundits think it is a distinct possibility he could actually do it in a few years. Talk about  being full of it and full of oneself.  And by the way, Murdoch owning the Yankees is not a "fantasy" of mine, but a nightmare in my book, in case you haven't figured out my politics at this late date.  Try being less obnoxious and dismissive of what others have to say, and spend a little more time reading, as I mentioned above.  Then you would not have to try so hard to sound smart ("end of story" says the lately arrived expert)...You might actually increase that limited knowledge base of yours...

[/QUOTE] We all hope that Santa brings TWM a better memory.

I for one hope "coupon clipping Hal" retains ownership forever.

Now we are starting to see the results of a tight fisted owner in action.

Bad timing for Cano.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Clearly, though you just learned about it after my post, TWM, you are suddenly the "end of story" expert on the entire matter, notwithstanding the fact that a number of pundits think it is a distinct possibility he could actually do it in a few years. Talk about  being full of it and full of oneself.  And by the way, Murdoch owning the Yankees is not a "fantasy" of mine, but a nightmare in my book, in case you haven't figured out my politics at this late date.  Try being less obnoxious and dismissive of what others have to say, and spend a little more time reading, as I mentioned above.  Then you would not have to try so hard to sound smart ("end of story" says the lately arrived expert)...You might actually increase that limited knowledge base of yours...

[/QUOTE]

You put out  half baked theory that "Many believe Murdoch will own the Yankees outright in a year or two..." on a baseball forum then become upset when I question it.

If you didn't want it discussed maybe you should have kept it to yourself.

Now followed up with a "a number of pundits think it is a distinct possibility".

Which pundits?

You're entitled to your opinion but not to your own facts.

Kind of like Carfardo suggesting the Yankees are after Bourne which is another fairy tale.

Cafardo is a mediot who has a column to fill besides being a Sox beat writer with no access  inside the Yankee organization.

When was the last time Cafardo broke a big story on the Yankees?

Because you have this fear of Murdoch owning the Yankees doesn't make it any more likely not when the current owners publicly insist the team isn't for sale.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You put out  half baked theory that "Many believe Murdoch will own the Yankees outright in a year or two..." on a baseball forum then become upset when I question it.

Now followed up with a "a number of pundits think it is a distinct possibility".

Which pundits?

Kind of like Carfardo suggesting the Yankees are after Bourne which is another fairy tale.

Cafardo is a mediot who has a column to fill besides being a Sox beat writer with no access  inside the Yankee organization.

Because you have this fear of Murdoch owning the Yankees doesn't make it any more likely not when the current owners publicly insist the team isn't for sale.

[/QUOTE]

You're the (lately arrived) expert, babe....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bad timing for Cano.

[/QUOTE]

The last time I heard of your tight fisted Hal commentary was just before they signed Tex.

You're the one with the memory problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which pundits?

[/QUOTE]

You're the (lately arrived) expert, babe....

[/QUOTE]

Ok pike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

This has gone beyond silly now...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

There are others to be found, TWM, but now that I have given you some of the links, don't bother doing any reading. Just dismiss them as fantasy posts or just dismiss them as you do Cafardo of the Boston Globe for having the temerity to share what he has heard about the Yankees' interest in Bourn...Of course, since he has NEVER written anything substantive on the Yankees, he is just spinning fantasy rumors for journalistic effect...

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11768838/2/rupert-murdoch-fox-buy-madison-square-garden-and-ny-yankees.html

http://www.scmp.com/sport/other-sport/article/1090053/right-field-murdochs-yes-network-move-surely-prelude-yankees

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1416046-rupert-murdoch-and-the-yankees-a-marriage-made-in-heaven-or

and in case you did not bother to read the original article that I posted for you,  which brought the subject matter to your attention for the first time (ouch), the very subject matter that you are now an expert on along with your ironclad certainty that the Steingrabbers have no intention of selling the  team.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8652969/new-york-yankees-steinbrenners-say-yes-murdoch-takeover

Anyway, questioning a post is one thing. Being a dismissive and condescending jerk towards others is another, especially when you pretend to know what you are talking about, and the person you are dismissing has never said the issue in question is a done deal or a certainty by any means. Go buy some social skills, TWM, and try not to be so obnoxious to others when you disagree with them. I am done with this little skirmish, so feel free to have the last word..It will make you feel a lot better, I am sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green our team is all filled up until 2015.... saldy. We could not sign Bourn even if it made sense. Plus isn't he under 31? That is an automatic nay for Ben.

[/QUOTE]

Missed your post...Thanks for responding...You are probably right, though...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

There are others to be found, TWM, but now that I have given you some of the links, don't bother doing any reading. Just dismiss them as fantasy posts or just dismiss them as you do Cafardo of the Boston Globe for having the temerity to share what he has heard about the Yankees' interest on Bourn...Of course, since he has NEVER written anything substantive on the Yankees, he is just spinning fantasy rumors for journalistic effect...

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11768838/2/rupert-murdoch-fox-buy-madison-square-garden-and-ny-yankees.html

http://www.scmp.com/sport/other-sport/article/1090053/right-field-murdochs-yes-network-move-surely-prelude-yankees

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1416046-rupert-murdoch-and-the-yankees-a-marriage-made-in-heaven-or

and in case you did not bother to read the original article that I posted for you,  which brought the subject matter to your attention for the first time (ouch), the very subject matter that you are now an expert on along with your ironclad certainty that the Steingrabbers have no intention of selling the  team.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8652969/new-york-yankees-steinbrenners-say-yes-murdoch-takeover

Anyway, questioning a post is one thing. Being a dismissive and condescending jerk towards others is another, especially when you pretend to know what you are talking about, and the person you are dismissing has never said the issue in question is a done deal or a certainty by any means. Go buy some social skills, TWM, and try not to be so obnoxious to others when you disagree with them. I am done with this little skirmish, so feel free to have the last word..It will make you feel a lot better, I am sure.

[/QUOTE]

One thing you won't find on google anywhere is any member of the Steinbrenner family saying anything but the Yankees are not for sale.

Because they aren't.

First of all I'm not babe.

I suggest you go back and read my posts to you and your responses to me and then tell me who has been the dismissive, obnoxious and condesending jerk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

ESPN's Rumor Central is apparently repeating the "fairy tale" Nick Cafardo started about Michael Bourn and the Yanks, with the link listed as one of the headlines on their main MLB page...Does that make it a "fairy rumor" at this point? Inquring minds....

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors/_/date/20121217#14945

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

ESPN's Rumor Central is apparently repeating the "fairy tale" Nick Cafardo started about Michael Bourn and the Yanks, with the link listed as one of the headlines on their main MLB page...Does that make it a "fairy rumor" at this point? Inquring minds....

[/QUOTE]

I can find as many links on google on articles concerning the Red Sox are for sale if I want to.

Sports writers write, that's what they do, I tend not to believe all that i read especially concerning the Yankees.

Especially during free agency and before the trade deadline except for a small group of writers who seem to more accurate then the rest.

There are only a small handful of Yankee beat writers who provide inside information before it hits the mainstream, Feinsand, Curry and sometimes Davidoff and Joel Sherman.

Because the Yankees sold the YES Network there was a absolute slew of stories across the country with rumors that the Steinbrenners would sell the team next.

That since has been dispelled by the family itself. Over and over again.

If you frequent reputable Yankee blogs like RiverAvenueBlues or the Lower Hudson Valley Yankee blog on a regular basis you would find that it is not even a topic of discusion or a matter of concern among Yankee fans.

I don't believe everything that these mediots put out there because most of the time it turns out to be not true.Some are better than others.

And why I discounted the points in your posts originally.

Unless there are signals from good inside sources that the Steinbrenners are interested in selling the team i have to beleive what Hal Steinbrenner has said over and over again and that is that the family has no intentions of selling the Yankees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you followed the Yankees and realized how many players the Yankees have been linked to over the years you could dismiss this.

Second Cafardo has no insider within the Yankees.

Third how often when the Yankees make a trade does it float first in MLB Rumors?

The Yankees and Cashman are stealth.

When the Yankees make a trade Cafardo will find out when you do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

You might be right, TWM...I personally doubt it will happen but it is fun to speculate....Carnie apparently shares your scepticism about Cafardo, so I will give you that...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

You might be right, TWM...I personally doubt it will happen but it is fun to speculate....Carnie apparently shares your scepticism about Cafardo, so I will give you that...

[/QUOTE]

My family came over from Tipperary in 1840, where are your folks from?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Less than 10% of rumors become true. Are you going to speculate on every one?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Now you're talking, you ignorant Irishman.....Mom is from Kilgalligan, County Mayo....My dad is from Ballaghaderreen, County Roscommon...My wife is from Belfast...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Now you're talking, you ignorant Irishman.....Mom is from Kilgalligan, County Mayo....My dad is from Ballaghaderreen, County Roscommon...My wife is from Belfast...

[/QUOTE]

póg mo thóin

:)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Less than 10% of rumors become true. Are you going to speculate on every one?

[/QUOTE]

It's the Christmas season and I am looking for a real present under my Yankee tree...So I think that means "YES", nh....Mea culpa, mea culpa in advance....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bad timing for Cano.

[/QUOTE]

The last time I heard of your tight fisted Hal commentary was just before they signed Tex.

[/QUOTE]

"just before they signed Tex"

Now they wish they didn't along with other rich long term contracts to players clearly in decline.

Have you not paid attention to the yankees lack of activity this offseason.

They even penny pinched Mo and let there only ML ready catcher walk to one of the cheapest teams in all of baseball.

GS isn't walking thru the door anytime soon.

Coupon Clipping Hal is the new face of your yankees.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bad timing for Cano.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"just before they signed Tex"

Now they wish they didn't along with other rich long term contracts to players clearly in decline.

Have you not paid attention to the yankees lack of activity this offseason.

They even penny pinched Mo and let there only ML ready catcher walk to one of the cheapest teams in all of baseball.

GS isn't walking thru the door anytime soon.

Coupon Clipping Hal is the new face of your yankees.

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't impressed with the FA class this off season less impressed with their demands.

Didn't Tex win another GG this season?

The Yankees did not want to lock up Martin for 2-3 with Sanchez due in 2014.

I'm not impressed with what they have behind the plate going into 2013, Romine an untried rookie, Cervelli, Stewart but still a lot of time left before the 2013 trade deadline.

The reason they have not pursued AJ is because he wants more years then they want to give.

I think Youk and Ichiro still have some gas in the tank, the yankees now need a right handed bat for DH.

They addressed the issues they needed to, the rotation, everything else can be repaired before the trade deadline.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Don't the Yankees need a catcher?  I'm surprised they did not retain Martin.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't the Yankees need a catcher?  

not really, in  effort to save money

the yankees new pitching coach, Coupon Hal,

has instructed them to pitch to contact

[/QUOTE]

Hey pinstripezac what's up?    :)

I miss the fierce Yankees/Red Sox rivalry.  "Four-letter-F-word" the other teams like the Blue Jays, O's, Rays, Angels, A's, Rangers and Tigers.    I want every year to be about the Yankees and Red Sox.  East coast bias!!!!!   LOL   

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't the Yankees need a catcher?  

not really, in  effort to save money

the yankees new pitching coach, Coupon Hal,

has instructed them to pitch to contact

[/QUOTE]

"pitch to contact"

Hey Buddy,

LOL.

That's the best line I've ever read anywhere.

Heading out for brunch still laughing out loud.

Sections
Shortcuts