Bowden, Anderson, Doubrant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

Re: Bowden, Anderson, Doubrant

The only problem with wanting to trade any player is you have to find another team with interest, and that team has to be willing to part with a peice you can use. Talk of trading all these guys is plausible, but to who, for who?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Bowden, Anderson, Doubrant:
    [QUOTE]The only problem with wanting to trade any player is you have to find another team with interest, and that team has to be willing to part with a peice you can use. Talk of trading all these guys is plausible, but to who, for who?
    Posted by mjnmjn[/QUOTE]

I understand. Most teams have their 40 man rosters set, and unless they view Bowden and Anderson better thatn 2 of their own, they won't make a deal. My guess is there may be someone out there, but if it's a bottom dweller, they may be interested in giving us a pitcher(maybe a lefty) who can help as our 12th man on the staff better than Bowden projects to do. Anderson would be the piece that even that part up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

l

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Bowden and Doubront are out of options...so it is make the team or bye-bye time.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

If they are DFA'd and clear waivers, can't they come back and have options restored?
    I am not much impressed with Bowden, and I don't think he has a realistic shot at making the 25 man roster. Perhaps this would be the time to trade him, Salty, and a mid prospect, for a real starting pitcher that has actually logged innings recently.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bowden, Anderson, Doubrant : If they are DFA'd and clear waivers, can't they come back and have options restored? I am not much impressed with Bowden, and I don't think he has a realistic shot at making the 25 man roster. Perhaps this would be the time to trade him, Salty, and a mid prospect, for a real starting pitcher that has actually logged innings recently.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Options are never restored by DFA'ing a player.  Bowden was fine last year in Boston (if not great) with an ERA of 4.05 in 20 innings.  I wouldn't have a problem with him making the roster instead of someone like Albers (who has an option remaining).  Of course, I'd love to ship him and Salty off in a deal for a decent starter, but I don't see that happening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Bowden, Anderson, Doubrant:
    [QUOTE]I'd really like to see these guys get a shot in the majors this season. They have very little trade value, are no longer looked at as big time prospects and I believe they are out of minor league options. I think Bowden could make for an effective low cost middle reliever and would like to see Doubrant in the 5th starter spot. If they aren't cutting it after couple months in you can always DFA them and bring up an Aaron Cook, Padilla, ect.. As far as Lars Anderson, with Agon at 1B for the forseeable future, I wonder if the Sox ever considered Anderson at a corner outfield position or even give him a try at 3B. Try it in spring training... what's the risk?
    Posted by tripleb2066[/QUOTE]

I agree, although they may never be huge players on the big club it could enhance their trade value.