Brad Penny/no no bid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Brad Penny/no no bid

GA Happy Easter to all....i was watching game highlights and wanted to see what you guys think...Tigers/Chisox..Penny loses no hit bid on this play...hit or clear error...what do you think?.....http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=14096061&query=game_pk%3D287196

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Brad Penny/no no bid

Clearly a throwing error to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Happy Easter Jete.  when i watched it initially, i thought error. tough call, could go either way.  must have been home town cookingTongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Penny/no no bid:
    [QUOTE]Clearly a throwing error to me.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]Mornin Joel..it took me about three looks..tough way to lose it, i say error only because MCab had to leave the bag...also considering where he was playing, great job by Inge even getting to that ball...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Penny/no no bid:
    [QUOTE]Happy Easter Jete.  when i watched it initially, i thought error. tough call, could go either way.  must have been home town cooking
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] hey J, same to you....i felt for Penny, the throw was in a tough spot for MCab, he could have also got slammed into by the runner...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billsrul. Show billsrul's posts

I'd say error.  Inge should be able to throw that ball to first base...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

But I can see how the official scorer would rule it a hit. The runner was at the bag pretty fast.  Scorer must have felt that the runner would have beaten the throw in that circumstance.

Agreed, though, that it is a tough way to lose a no-no.  Seems like every no-no has at least one incident that is close.  Most of them tilt the pitcher's way, too.  

So it goes. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Im gonna have to say a hit, i dont think even if inge makes a better throw that he gets the runner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He should change his name to "Bad Penny".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I'll take Penny over Wakefield. In fact, given the cost, I'll take Penny over Slackey.

Sections
Shortcuts