Bradley and Iglesias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bradley and Iglesias

Can you even imagine what is going through the minds of these two kids ?  Not sure they would even make the team. In the starting lineup. Opening day.  Yankee Stadium. Huge crowd. National television. Brand new Red Sox uniform. What a thrill. A moment  to remember forever.  All the best to them , and the other members of this team. Let's go Red Sox. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Bradley and Iglesias

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Can you even imagine what is going through the minds of these two kids ?  Not sure they would even make the team. In the starting lineup. Opening day.  Yankee Stadium. Huge crowd. National television. Brand new Red Sox uniform. What a thrill. A moment  to remember forever.  All the best to them , and the other members of this team. Let's go Red Sox. 

Sure.  I guess Iggy's "been there," but not opening day vs. Yankees.  Big stage.  Starting! 

You are so right dgale.  What a moment for both kids!  :)

this is what it's all about!  :)  You're in the bigs kid!  May you never go down!!!  Either one.  I guess Iggy definitely will, but I wish he was here to stay.  I'm ready to move on.....  with the kids:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Im sure that they are giving thanks to DAD & BILL-806 for beating the drums to get them in the lineup  !!!    Also, need to thank Ortiz & Drew for being unable to answer the bell !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Spring training-wise, Iglesias proved me 95% wrong. I say he's a hopeless bust at the plate who won't hit Mendoza based on the terrible performance I saw last year... others said he looked different in the spring. I saw him bat maybe 5 times this year and he certainly appeared to have a clue and some confidence... in spring training.... but I will stick to my prediction and hope to be wrong!

Today is the first day that he can prove me wrong in a way that will actually matter. I wish him the best and I wish vindication for those who vehemently disagreed with me.

Let the games begin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

How about those two boys ????     1-0  SOX  !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

They just both scored ....  3-0 SOX.......   "How ya going to keep them down on the farm"  !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Look like their minds are on getting CC out of the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Space.....  I think Bradley was 0-2 , 1-2 then worked him for the walk !!! Rookie ???   WOW  !!!     ( I know, just one @ bat)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Let's not judge these 2 by the first couple handful of games- good or bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Space.....  I think Bradley was 0-2 , 1-2 then worked him for the walk !!! Rookie ???   WOW  !!!     ( I know, just one @ bat)

Those were tough pitches to take with 2 strikes.  he really does have top-shelf discipline.  A throw back to the mid-naights when working pitchers was the Sox real M.O.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Those were tough pitches to take with 2 strikes.  he really does have top-shelf discipline.  A throw back to the mid-naights when working pitchers was the Sox real M.O.

So, Bradley smashes one off the legs of the pitcher for his 1st  R B I ......  IGGY has 3 hits !!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

3 walks for Bradley......  IGGY 3 HITS  !!!   What a day !!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Nice to see the 12 day and 9 games year of control pleaders, chiming in.

doesn't matter when he serves his time... as long as he serves his time

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Bradley =bust

Frankie, some of us are bust men, so you didn't insult.   :o)

I don't think he meant that kind of bust:-)

Oh ....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Not at all, but its very encouraging to see what JBJ did at the plate today. he didnt get one hit, but drew 3 walks while looking very poised and patient. Good signs of things to come. Iggy is using that bunt to his advantage and I expect to see it a lot more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Good game from both of them! Here's hopping for more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

MOON,   I know that you didn't gather 32,000+ posts by jumping early on the bandwagon !!!   Howevaa, I know that you know your baseball and know that these two boys are legit !!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I was more impressed with Bradley than Iglesias, even though both had excellent games. Bradley faced 2 of the toughest LH pitchers in the league and drew walks off both. Smashes a ball up the middle which only was an out because it hit the pitcher. Hustles to both start and continue that big inning by being safe at 2nd. Runs to a spot and then turns around on Cano's flyball to LF. No way Gomes makes that catch and there were runners on if I remember correctly. He was excellent. 3 walks, against guys like Boone Logan and Sabathia. I'll take it.

Iglesias with the heads up bunt and turning a nice DP. He needs to be less pull happy and he will then start hitting better IMO. He's not Will Middlebrooks. He's Elvis Andrus. He needs to know who he is. He looked good though. 

I absolutely love it. Great game. The first time I ever liked listening to Yankee Announcers as they were saying, "You know, this Bradley kid looks as advertised".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bradley has a knack for not chasing pitches out of the strike zone. Some pretty good hitters never can master that. If you swing only at strikes, you should do well. If Iglesias stays at short , the Sox will turn a lot more double plays. A pitcher's best friend , as they say. The thing that impressed me was how they both seemed devoid of any opening day nervousness.