Bradley and Webster should be on the 25 man roster-games in April do count.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Bradley and Webster should be on the 25 man roster-games in April do count.

Some individuals are worried about the free agency clock starting on JB; they claim that it's being near sighted if you want to bring him up on day one. They scream, " look at the big picture"! But you see I want to win in 2013. And just ask the 2012 Angels if games count in April. The Angels waited 20 games into their 2012 season — during which time they went 6-14 — before calling up Mike Trout. Los Angeles missed out on the playoffs by four games.

And don't look now but the Sox have another young phenom, Allen Webster. Put him in the five man rotation immediately. 

When Farrell was asked today after the game "What were your impressions of Allen Webster"?, he replied, “He’s pretty damn good.” And this spring he has been pretty damned good. I'd replace Doubront with Webster and put Bradley in left. 

Let's win in 2013. This is not a bridge year. Let's get far into October playoff baseball. It's a great time to watch Red Sox baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Bradley and Webster should be on the 25 man roster-games in April do count.

Good post 2004 and welcome back.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Webster's not ready, after an embarrassing minor league stint last season. And, the Red Sox have better options and there is no need to rush the great Webster into the rotation. Plenty of time for that, after the first start is placed on the disabled list.

It's interesting. Now that idiots put it so clearly I agree with you on Bradley 100 percent. You were just having a hard time making your points well.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Just what we needed. Yet another thread about having Bradley Jr. and Webster start the season in Boston. Yawn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Just what we needed. Yet another thread about having Bradley Jr. and Webster start the season in Boston. Yawn.

I know right?

I mean I had no idea anyone was for Bradley starting the year with the Red Sox.

Not that it matters or anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

As a self-described homeless man, you have a hard time understanding what a point is.

Isn't it the thing on the top of your head?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

I know right?

I mean I had no idea anyone was for Bradley starting the year with the Red Sox.

Not that it matters or anything.

He must be filling in for Bill-806 during his sabattical.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Some individuals are worried about the free agency clock starting on JB; they claim that it's being near sighted if you want to bring him up on day one. They scream, " look at the big picture"! But you see I want to win in 2013. And just ask the 2012 Angels if games count in April. The Angels waited 20 games into their 2012 season — during which time they went 6-14 — before calling up Mike Trout. Los Angeles missed out on the playoffs by four games.

And don't look now but the Sox have another young phenom, Allen Webster. Put him in the five man rotation immediately. 

When Farrell was asked today after the game "What were your impressions of Allen Webster"?, he replied, “He’s pretty damn good.” And this spring he has been pretty damned good. I'd replace Doubront with Webster and put Bradley in left. 

Let's win in 2013. This is not a bridge year. Let's get far into October playoff baseball. It's a great time to watch Red Sox baseball.

Two weeks ago DLR was a must start for the RS.

One week ago, Iglesias had to start.

I'm not sure Webster and JBJ make any sense right now.  JBJ's value is mostly as a CF.  If we put him in LF, he probably won't out-hit Gomes/Nava, and his defense is mostly wasted.

This is not like Trout replacing Bourjos' .606 in CF.

Webster would have to replace someone in the rotation.  Who would that be?

And I don't put much value in trying to compare top-50 prospects to a rookie year that comes along every 10 years or so.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

As a self-described homeless man, you have a hard time understanding what a point is.

A man says its still cold in maine, in early march, and now you twist it to say hes homeless...You certaily are a piece of work...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

welcome home 2004Idiot

I get the pining 4 JBJ

but don't C where all the Webster over Doubront

talk is coming from, sure hope it's not a few ST games  innings

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Totally agree w the OP; trade Salt & start Lava too :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

welcome home 2004Idiot

I get the pining 4 JBJ

but don't C where all the Webster over Doubront

talk is coming from, sure hope it's not a few ST games  innings

Thank you, pinstripezac35

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Good post 2004 and welcome back.

Thank you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Totally agree w the OP; trade Salt & start Lava too :)

My only problem with this (actually not much a problem, more of a thought) is who do we trade them for?

You won't get back any pieces for those two.  I could see a team giving up a good bench player or a bull pen arm for those two, but we have a pretty good bullpen and bench.  Possibly a couple C level prospects with fringy tools that have a chance to develop into MLB regulars.  

In the absence of those two trades they could be part of a larger package, secondary pieces traded away with something bigger.  You have to give away something good to get something.  The only reason we were able to get prospects and dump money in a trade to L.A. is because we had to give up a HUGE bat in Gonzalez which has left a hole in our lineup.  So who is expendable on our team right now?  Considering this is a .500 team at best I'd say no one unless you are looking to rebuild and I don't think the Sox are going to even think about making any serious moves until the trade deadline.

All things considered those guys go by the trade deadline.  I wonder If Webster looks ready, and the starting rotation is healthy do we trade away a starter? If Doubront looks good he may be a candidate.  But if he looks good why not keep the cheap young pitcher? I could see a scenario where if Dempster is have a great year and the Sox are out of contention they trade him.

I'm sorry I feel like I'm rambling here.  This is one of those posts where you go to respond and make one small point and many other thougths come to mind....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

ANOTHER   B I N G O   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts