Bradley Jr.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Bradley Jr.

Good Just not a power hitter

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

hitting a hr ...great...striking out 2x...not so great....hitting .191 really realy not so great

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Looks really good. His Yo-yo role out of spring training took away his confidence since he knew management had shown no confidence in him beyond a yo-yo role. He will continue to get better as he still reamins in an atomic sized sample size of his career. Clearly the future Red Sox CF value choice, by 100's of millions. Nice to see him gaining confidence in himself, even as Red Sox management hasn't. 

Bradley, Jr. really allows the Red Sox to save about 15 to 20M a year and spend it on the weak areas in the future years ahead. It's a win-win.

This was already pre-ordained.  I'm pleased to see him hitting a little, but you're generally not depending on a rookie CF to supply offense.  Just like Pedroia, and Iglesias, and Vazquez at some point, hopefully, if a guy brings a good up-the-middle glove at minimum wage, you have to be able to figure out how to stash him in the 9-hole.  AJax led the league in K's his first year.  Gardner had a .582 OPS in his limited rookie year.  We need to start thinking that not everyone is going to be a Trout or Machado.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

The kid is going to be all right....but he isn't going to put up the numbers Ellsbury can put up. He might be a better CF but he hasn't really shown it yet...he has a much better arm but it doesn't do you much good if your throws are off line....the kid made up for the poor throw by belting the 3 run homer today so all in all it was a good day for him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

In response to BoSoxChuck's comment:

[QUOTE]

wait just a minute here. It is not ok for JBJ to strike out 2x in a game that he also hits a home run in? Its okay for Ortiz though whose only job is to hit? you got some strange rules there bud. JBJ will be in center for the Sox next year. You can take that to the bank.

I ain't got patience for your nonsense. Ya don't like what I have to say move on by baby

Unfortunately, you're probably right. I'd prefer that the SOX re-sign ELLS for 2 reasons; 1st, he's much better than JBJ and 2nd, so you can eat your arrogant words.

[/QUOTE]

But he's almost for sure leaving.  Gotta stick to the master plan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bradley is going to be a very good ball player. I would want him on the team next year regardless of whether Ellsbury stays or leaves. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Looks really good. His Yo-yo role out of spring training took away his confidence since he knew management had shown no confidence in him beyond a yo-yo role. He will continue to get better as he still reamins in an atomic sized sample size of his career. Clearly the future Red Sox CF value choice, by 100's of millions. Nice to see him gaining confidence in himself, even as Red Sox management hasn't. 

Bradley, Jr. really allows the Red Sox to save about 15 to 20M a year and spend it on the weak areas in the future years ahead. It's a win-win.

B I N G O    !!!!!    Welcome back SOFTY  !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yup, the kid is the real deal but does not seem to a favorite on this board.  I see someone criticized him for not catching the ball in yankee stadium on the second day of this call up.  He did not score fast enough from second for another.  Another poster thinks JBJ's speed is overated yet the ptichers show as much as respect for him when on first as anyone.

Nice to see he has power enough to jack one out.  He even gets behind shane fast when shane is diving for a ball.

JF has to go with this kid for at least the first round.  If Jacoby goes down, JBJ is the only one for center.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Boras will make it impossible to sign Ells, so we have Bradley, not a terrible thing as he saves us $19m/yr and is a 3/4 tool player. Ells doesn't have the power to hit one over the visitors BP like Bradley did todat, If he learns how to make contact, we'll forget Ells completely

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wow, so JBJ struggles were a mental thing and had noting to do with the fact they rushed him to the majors.  Entering 2013 JBJ had no more than 61 games above single A and softy among a few others were anointing him an MLB superstar because of a good spring training.  Now that he's seen more pitches and spent a full season in the upper minors(with some time in Boston) he's finally starting to make those adjustments at this level.  I like JBJ, always have, and I've always slated him the 2014 starting CF but this is what happens with developing payers.  Not everyone can break into the majors at an early age, not everyone is Bryce Harper, or even Xander Bogaerts.

But yeah, let's blame the Sox F.O. Because that is the only narrative that allows softy to be right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

I thought Fireman sounded like SoftyLaw---when i Saw you refer to Dempster by a derogatory name I knew the slanderous one was back.

Perhaps you will be banned sooner rather than later. Good luck I hope you change your MO.

Ells will leave--I think that's the plan. JBJ will do well in CF next year. Keep in mind it took Lava and WMB  6 -8 weeks back before they were able to right the course of their BA. JBJ is a talent--it won't take long for us to forget Ells. Ells is an excellent player but like S. Drew some fans have a difficult time forgetting  some history.

JBJ will be an excellent CF'der with a strong arm and great instincts. He has 3 HR's in relatively few games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Yep. Ells is better than Bradley, Bradley is cheaper than Ells and will start next year because it means that the Red sox can spend money elsewhere.

Nice post captain obvious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

So the kid has a great chance to prove his worth in the beginning of the season and plays horrible....but that's the front offices fault? He essentially gets replaced by Ortiz when he returns from his Achilles injury and he proceeds to put up huge numbers all year. JBJ meanwhile has a mediocre year in the minors and that's still the front offices fault? Now he's back and not doing much again.....but that's the front offices fault again? 

Wow.....you're a bigger mess than I thought......  Go back to your basement kiddo....

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

JBJ meanwhile has a mediocre year in the minors

Since when is a CF'er with 10 homers and .842 OPS in AAA a "mediocre year in the minors"?

'splain that to your peers on this Board.

Pretty simple actually.

.275 AVG which was down considerably fromt he year before in AA and single A.  Hiw walk rate is down considerably and his K rate is up.  Heck....his K rate would equal about 150 K's in one year...and that's going by AAA stats from AAA pitching.  He only has 7 SB and GOT CAUGHT 7 times. 

Sorry mr mushroom who lives in the basement..... yes.....from the standards he set this was a VERY mediocre year for him.  His MLB stats are downright awful.  He simply did not perform when he was given the chance....better performers were waiting and they performed.  Pretty simple actually....

I really hope he can turn it around next year and not lose the opportunity that he COULD have next year should Ells be priced out of Boston which he probably will be.  I watched him play a ton at AA and he is a very solid player.  Unfortunately it has yet to pan out for him in the upper levels.  I'm all for giving the kid a chance....but if he can't handle it then you have to look at what else is out there.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

others were anointing him an MLB superstar because of a good spring training

No one was "anointing him a MLB superstar". However, Ellsbury was anointed one of the all-time Red Sox greats and is currently being called a superstar. 

The return to the minors had nothing to do with his tiny MLB sample. As I stated before spring training, and after, he's going to be a solid defensive CF'er fielder and thrower who will get on base as well or better than his CF peers and will hit at least low single digit homers most seasons of his MLB career. His talents on based on speed, though his speed is adequate for AL baseball. Unlike Ellsbury, Bradley is a team leader who has been a champion at every level of his baseball career.

I'm glad Bradley hasn't had the doting Red Sox fan hype about being the next Ted Williams or Ichiro. Bradley will always receive animus and "he's not as good as Ellsbury" from most Red Sox fans who will always resent whoever takes over for their favorite prima donna pretzel, Ellsbury. 

More lies.  Name one person other than Johnny Pesky that compared Ells to Williams.  You know that's a lie but keep repeating it.....