Bradley Jr.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Bradley Jr.

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

More lies.  Name one person other than Johnny Pesky that compared Ells to Williams.  You know that's a lie but keep repeating it.....

I know.  He's quite the performer isn't he?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

[QUOTE]

More lies.  Name one person other than Johnny Pesky that compared Ells to Williams.  You know that's a lie but keep repeating it.....

I know.  He's quite the performer isn't he?

[/QUOTE]

I rarely respond to him anymore because his act has become so stale, but that's part of what he counts on....repeat lies often and loud enough and some people will begin to believe them.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Looks really good. His Yo-yo role out of spring training took away his confidence since he knew management had shown no confidence in him beyond a yo-yo role. He will continue to get better as he still reamins in an atomic sized sample size of his career. Clearly the future Red Sox CF value choice, by 100's of millions. Nice to see him gaining confidence in himself, even as Red Sox management hasn't. 

Bradley, Jr. really allows the Red Sox to save about 15 to 20M a year and spend it on the weak areas in the future years ahead. It's a win-win.

But doesnt fit the lead off hitter profile.

Boston have too many bottom of the line up hitters.  Need a guy that can lead off so Victorino and Pedrioa and Papi stays at the 2, 3 and 4 spots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Looks really good. His Yo-yo role out of spring training took away his confidence since he knew management had shown no confidence in him beyond a yo-yo role. He will continue to get better as he still reamins in an atomic sized sample size of his career. Clearly the future Red Sox CF value choice, by 100's of millions. Nice to see him gaining confidence in himself, even as Red Sox management hasn't. 

Bradley, Jr. really allows the Red Sox to save about 15 to 20M a year and spend it on the weak areas in the future years ahead. It's a win-win.

So the kid has a great chance to prove his worth in the beginning of the season and plays horrible....but that's the front offices fault? He essentially gets replaced by Ortiz when he returns from his Achilles injury and he proceeds to put up huge numbers all year. JBJ meanwhile has a mediocre year in the minors and that's still the front offices fault? Now he's back and not doing much again.....but that's the front offices fault again? 

Wow.....you're a bigger mess than I thought......  Go back to your basement kiddo....

[/QUOTE]

Its funny how the guy hits a homer and gets a thread about how good he is! I see some good things in him but a lot of not so good things as well.  I do think that he was rushed through the ranks way too fast and we need to give him some time to adjust ala Iggy... I would rather have Els but it appears that aint happening...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

others were anointing him an MLB superstar because of a good spring training

No one was "anointing him a MLB superstar". However, Ellsbury was anointed one of the all-time Red Sox greats and is currently being called a superstar. 

The return to the minors had nothing to do with his tiny MLB sample. As I stated before spring training, and after, he's going to be a solid defensive CF'er fielder and thrower who will get on base as well or better than his CF peers and will hit at least low single digit homers most seasons of his MLB career. His talents on based on speed, though his speed is adequate for AL baseball. Unlike Ellsbury, Bradley is a team leader who has been a champion at every level of his baseball career.

I'm glad Bradley hasn't had the doting Red Sox fan hype about being the next Ted Williams or Ichiro. Bradley will always receive animus and "he's not as good as Ellsbury" from most Red Sox fans who will always resent whoever takes over for their favorite prima donna pretzel, Ellsbury. 

ummm, maybe you weren't.  That's besides my point.  My point was people were very adamant about rushing him to the majors...and it really seemed like you were in that boat, oh wait you were.  He was rushed, it was too soon, he is very close to ready if not ready now.   But good job with the weak rebuttal <End>

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

If Ted Williams wasn't enough for you, he was widly compared to Ichiro. That hasn't happened, either.

Your memory is a little "widly".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Need a guy that can lead off so Victorino and Pedrioa and Papi stays at the 2, 3 and 4 spots.

Victorino can lead off just fine. So can Pedroia. Pedroia is not  the way to appraoch filling the #3 hitter slot. 

You gotta be kidding.  Pedroia wasn't ideal, but absolutely was the best choice available to bat #3.  My evidence for saying that is the Sox have the best offense--highest OPS and most runs scored--in MLB despite not have a lot of big bats.  And, for what it is worth, the four highest OWAR's on the Sox belong to Pedroia, Ortiz, Ellsbury, and Victorino in that order.  Ellsbury still leads the Sox in runs scored despite playing in 22 fewer games than Pedroia, so it's kind of hard to argue he should not have batted leadoff. 

Also, you are now on record as saying you think Farrell is the primary reason for the Sox success this year, but here you are complaining about his lineups.  I guess what you mean is he is a great manager but not nearly as good as you would be. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Need a guy that can lead off so Victorino and Pedrioa and Papi stays at the 2, 3 and 4 spots.

Victorino can lead off just fine. So can Pedroia. Pedroia is not  the way to appraoch filling the #3 hitter slot. 

Victorino is a perfect #2 hitter.  And Pedy is not!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bradley and 12 or 13 games sample in the majors isn't "rushed too soon". Pedroia was rushed too soon. 

He barely played 60 games above single A then struggles his first week at the MLB level! come one maaaaaan! Then he has a decent season (after a slow start) in triple A!

Boom!

He was rushed dude, you don't know what you're talking about.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pedroia was rushed "dude". One week in MLB shows you don't know what you are talking about.

Also, you are now on record as saying you think Farrell is the primary reason for the Sox success this year, but here you are complaining about his lineups.

Max, the question wasn't this year's lineup, it's next year and beyond lineups. Pedroia is not the way to approach the #3 hitter slot. The comment was that someone was needed to leadoff next year. In fact, Victorino and Pedroia are fine as #1 and #2 hitters. No reason to spend 100 million to bring back "our leadoff hitter" who hasn't been missed at all.

Ellsbury is easily the best choice to lead off in 2014, but, because he is also not likely to return, I prefer not to say who should lead off , bat 2d, or bat 3d for that matter.  I will say this, however.  With a non-ideal guy, Pedroia, batting 3d for most of this year and without a really good bat behind Ortiz, the Sox still scored a lot of runs.  So I'm not so sure the lineup is all that critical as long as there are enough decent hitters in it.  Also, I don't think Ellsbury is worth $100M. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Nava lead off.  Whoever it is is a place-holder for Garin Cecchini, IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Why are we even talking about Pedroia? Oh yeah because Softy is trying to duck his original absurd post. Who cares if Pedroia was rushed or not it doesn't change whether or not JBJ was.

You were wrong, he took more time to develop = it must of been the front offices fault.  

Completely absurd.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He was not MLB ready back in April, there is not a Human being alive with any baseball intelligence that would say otherwise.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In fact, there is not a human being with any intelligence who would claim a week of MLB is a sample size to determine "readiness for MLB". 

Lol I knew you would say that! Funny thing is I didn't say that you did....that's YOUR narrative.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

In fact, there is not a human being with any intelligence who would claim a week of MLB is a sample size to determine "readiness for MLB". 

Lol I knew you would say that! Funny thing is I didn't say that you did....that's YOUR narrative.

[/QUOTE]

Hugh....you have more baseball knowledge in your thumb than Softy has or will ever have.  Don't bother with him....he's a liar and a fraud (in other words the perfect lawyer).....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If Ted Williams wasn't enough for you, he was widly compared to Ichiro. That hasn't happened, either.

162 game average

Player A    Player B

• Runs  108          99
    • Hits   196         216
    • 2B      35           25
    • 3B        7            7
    • HR      15            9
    • RBI     71           55
    • SB      55           37
    • CS      10            8
    • OBP   .350       .361
    • SLG   .438       .414
    • OPS   .789       .775
    • WAR/600 PA  4.44   3.56

Player B gets on base a bit more, but player A has more power.  Player A plays a premium position, but Player B comes with a better glove.  Except for injuries, Ellsbury is probably better.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Except for injuries, Ellsbury is probably better.

Take a look at the career production numbers. Player B is a potential HOF'er. Player A is a 30 year old prima donna.

I'm starting to think the real reason you hate Ells is because you're ugly.......  It's ok Soft one.....let it all out....