Bradley, Jr. needs more time in the minors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Bradley, Jr. needs more time in the minors

Wait was this supposed to be serious?

I thought we were all being sarcastic.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Before ST, there wasn't even any faint notion of Bradley being ready for the majors, and only a slight notion that he would start at Pawtucket.

It was pretty certain JBJ was going to start in AAA this year. There wasn't even a "slight notion" of him starting in AA that I know of.

Some of us wanted him to start for the Sox on day 1, even before the ST "spike".

Had we traded Ellsbury when we had the chance, the SV & Gomes signings would have made slightly more sense, but now, it all looks even more crazy than it did to me at the time of most of the signings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Before ST, there wasn't even any faint notion of Bradley being ready for the majors, and only a slight notion that he would start at Pawtucket.

It was pretty certain JBJ was going to start in AAA this year. There wasn't even a "slight notion" of him starting in AA that I know of.

Some of us wanted him to start for the Sox on day 1, even before the ST "spike".

Had we traded Ellsbury when we had the chance, the SV & Gomes signings would have made slightly more sense, but now, it all looks even more crazy than it did to me at the time of most of the signings.

Yes, ok, JBJ was probably slated for Pawtucket, fine.  But, you were really ready to pencil him in as starting CF in 2013 before ST?  I don't undertsand that.  It just seems very unsound.  No issue projecting forward to 2014.  But Jackie was a work-in-progress last year.  A very very talented and exciting work-in-progress.  But a work-in-progress nonetheless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think at this point it would make no sense to send him to AAA. He just continues to hit and hit. We need him in LF as gomes is not a starter. he is a platoon guy who hits lefties well. thats it. not to mention he is a brutal fielder. this team needs to win games, and jackie bradley jr would definitely help to do that. and its not like he is super young, the guy is 23 going on 24. Hes clearly ready. offensively and defensively.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

i think at this point it would make no sense to send him to AAA. He just continues to hit and hit. We need him in LF as gomes is not a starter. he is a platoon guy who hits lefties well. thats it. not to mention he is a brutal fielder. this team needs to win games, and jackie bradley jr would definitely help to do that. and its not like he is super young, the guy is 23 going on 24. Hes clearly ready. offensively and defensively.

Actually, he won't be 23 until April 19.

I'm not sure what "super-young" would be....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bradley is a Centerfielder, possibly a right fielder.  The only true tool he has that is Elite is his defense.  That would be wasted in LF.  And if his hitting drops off, which it could his first year in the majors there is almost NO point to bringing up JBJ if he can't play Center. 

If anything I'd move Jacoby to LF and plug Bradely in Center. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

I have to admit, this is the most intriguing way i have ever seen softy make a point!If I had never read any of his other crap, I would love him for this! I think it's wonderful! The sarcasm is whitty, the thought process is right on.

OK WHO IS MAKING BELIEVE THEY ARE SOFTY?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Bradley is a Centerfielder, possibly a right fielder.  The only true tool he has that is Elite is his defense.  That would be wasted in LF.  And if his hitting drops off, which it could his first year in the majors there is almost NO point to bringing up JBJ if he can't play Center. 

Just like the Angels wasting Mike Trout in LF, because that is where he will be playing this year, so your comment has no merit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Just like the Angels wasting Mike Trout in LF, because that is where he will be playing this year, so your comment has no merit.

My comment has no Merit?  I recognize Bradley for who he is.  I'm not the one comparing him to Trout.  Trout is an elite hitter, those are his tools and if he plays a premium position that's a plus. JBJ is an elite defender.  Baseball prospectus just named him the top defensive player in the minors.   He has plus plus range, plus arm and he takes good routes.  He will never hit as good as Trout, anyone who is more than a box score scout and an arm chair G.M. Knows that.  I'm a great athlete, I've boxed on a pro scale but I will ever ever ever be able to dunk a baseketball. it's just not in my abilities and never will be in my skill set.  Bradley just does not have he body or bat speed to be that kinda hitter.  Bradley has a great approach at the plate and could be a  #1 # 2 hitter but he will never be an elite hitter.  His Elite skill set is as a defender. 

If a defender doesn't have the glove or speed to play center they move to the corner where they are expected to provide more offense, usually the better arms go in right and the weaker in left.  Taking a defense first guy who is likely not going to ever hit more than 10 HR and putting him in LF at Fenway is a HUGH waste of his talent and that does have Merit, that is just baseball reality.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

putting jackie bradley in LF would not be a waste of his talent, have good outfield defense at all outfield positions is important and he will play half his games away from fenway where there are some pretty big LF's and his defense will no doubt help our pitchers out. he may not be a big power hitter, but he has some pop and can get on base, much like our rf shane victorino. ellsbury bradley jr and victorino could be the best defensive outfield in the mlb. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Red Sox managment is now looking at Boesch, and sorry if I have his name wrong. He's a great OF'er from the Tigers. His cost is only a couple of million, because a lot of teams want this guy. Important to spend a few million on Boesch to save a few million on Bradley, Jr..

I expect Bradley will suddenly be ready for MLB after Ellsbury signs elsewhere. The Red Sox decide who is ready based on who is already there.

Management has already downplayed their interest saying he is not a good fit. Thank god.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Red Sox managment is now looking at Boesch, and sorry if I have his name wrong. He's a great OF'er from the Tigers. His cost is only a couple of million, because a lot of teams want this guy. Important to spend a few million on Boesch to save a few million on Bradley, Jr..

I expect Bradley will suddenly be ready for MLB after Ellsbury signs elsewhere. The Red Sox decide who is ready based on who is already there.

link?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

putting jackie bradley in LF would not be a waste of his talent, have good outfield defense at all outfield positions is important and he will play half his games away from fenway where there are some pretty big LF's and his defense will no doubt help our pitchers out. he may not be a big power hitter, but he has some pop and can get on base, much like our rf shane victorino. ellsbury bradley jr and victorino could be the best defensive outfield in the mlb. 

If anything put Ellsbury in Left field.  He doesn't take great routes or gets good jumps on the ball.  Yes he has speed, and can run down and dive at a ball.  JBJ looks like he has the kinda range where he would already be there.  This is one of those scenarios (that I disagree with and hate) Where Jacoby gets the nod because he is the Veteran.  But If JBJ comes to Boston, whether it be April or July I want to see him in Center, Ellsbury in left and Shane in Right.

Don't worry about Ellsbury in LF, Beltre isn't on the team anymore. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

If anything put Ellsbury in Left field.  He doesn't take great routes or gets good jumps on the ball.  Yes he has speed, and can run down and dive at a ball.  JBJ looks like he has the kinda range where he would already be there.  This is one of those scenarios (that I disagree with and hate) Where Jacoby gets the nod because he is the Veteran.  But If JBJ comes to Boston, whether it be April or July I want to see him in Center, Ellsbury in left and Shane in Right.

LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes leaving after this year, so do whats best for the team. (If they do decide to bring JBJ up) I totally agree that JBJ should be in CF and only be brought up if he plays 100% of the time. No use starting his arb clock if hes not.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Guru_Meditation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other teams are willing to take a risk with their prospects but not the RS. Risk is not in their vocabulary.

They would rather waste money on a bunch of washed up has-beens than let guys like Bradley and Iggy, and even Lavarnway, play.

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

Your worst offense?  Boring!