Bradley, Jr. needs more time in the minors

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Bradley, Jr. needs more time in the minors

In response to softlaw2's comment:

In fact, a look at your prior posts and timelines will show that it was you were just trolling for more responses. This is when it stops being funny, and starts being distrubed.

Numerous times, you get angry and distrubed.

Take care, my dear Bro.

Relax. Take your time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

softlaw is going to school people on proper spelling and grammar? that's rich!

It's his spelling and grammar that made Softy the lawyer he is today.  Well, not literally today, he's been writing on this absurd thread all day today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Why does he need more time in the Majors? How old is he? How old was Trout when he came up? Castro? Machado?

Please, if he's producing and there's a place he can play every day (LF), put him in there. He's better than options such as Mike Carp, Lyle Overbay and Daniel Nava.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Why does he need more time in the Majors? How old is he? How old was Trout when he came up? Castro? Machado?

Please, if he's producing and there's a place he can play every day (LF), put him in there. He's better than options such as Mike Carp, Lyle Overbay and Daniel Nava.

Are you basing his readiness on half a season in AA or 34 PAs in spring training?  Or perhaps on the Christmas presents he got from Aunt Matilda last December?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This has been the funniest thread in a long time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

You must go through alot of kleenex.

He cries a lot, too.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

As for "gah gah" over Bradley, I wouldn't have stated to sign R. Johnson for one year and 2M if I was "gah gah" over Bradley. I anticiapted that Bradley would benefit from another few months of minor league ball. I was wrong. He's ready, which is why I traded Ellsbury and signed R. Johnson for 2M and one year. I would have then moved R. Johnson to 4th OF'er.

Folks, Softlaw loves his Red Sox, but does speaks out on incompetence. I still have confidence in the owner, Henry, and appreciate the crazy budgets he allows his management team. His management team is the problem, because they are truly incompetent. IF he decides he won't let middle managment go, he needs to send them to seminars in St. Louis, AtL and TX.

Wait, I know you are not basing his readiness off of your bugaboo small sample size of a couple weeks in spring training.  How oft have we heard you rail against and mock those who would use such a paltry sample size to predict performance.  

Softy, inconstant and ever changing as the moon.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Space, I base upon the following:

Gomes

Shane

Ellsbury

Nava

Carp

Sweeney

Clearly, Bradley doesn't belong. What he's done is less important than what he's done in minor league baseball. He has a lot of work to do.

30 million on the above opening day roster OF is what good management is all about.

Yes, and having Reed Johnson instead of Victorino would have changed everything to the extent that JBJ would have to start in AAA.

I get it now. We all should kneel to your brilliance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Gomes

Shane

Ellsbury

Nava

Carp

Sweeney

Clearly, Bradley doesn't belong. What he's done is less important than what he's done in minor league baseball. He has a lot of work to do.

30 million on the above opening day roster OF is what good management is all about.

Hey, I hear you my friend.  Jackie Bradley Jr. has the potential to be better than everyone on this list of overpaid 'union slugs' and 'dumpster fodder'.  

But, parcing through your sarcasm, one statement actually rings true: what he is (doing, sic) is less important that what he has done in minor league baseball.  His electric half a ST does not trump his body of work to date.  Talk to me again in 2 weeks and maybe my view is changed a bit.  It has already changed to the point that I readily and happily concede that the kid's off-season work may just have put him into the major-league-ready sphere.  But, I am not ready to bet on that, based on the first half of a spring camp.  And, the beauty is, there is no need to make that risky bet.  Its a win-win.  Who cares if he breaks camp with the big club?  Bring him up in two months, one month, two weeks, whatever.  Why rush?  Gomes and Victorino may not be all-world, but they are plenty good enough to hold the fort until the great Jackie Bradley Jr. has shown, beyond the oh-so imperfect testing ground of Spring Training, that he has come into his own as a hitter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

I thought a few weeks ago that Bradley had a good shot at being called up to be the corner OFer from the left side of the plate at some point AFTER the season started. Still think thats the case. Nothing has caused me to change my mind.

Still think he should not be brought up before the control thing is settled in late April. Someone said he could win us 3 games in that stretch. True. He could also COST us 3 games in that stretch. Odds are we probably lose about 0.25 games because we went with a slightly worse option for 3 weeks. In other words, it might cost us a game, but probably not.

Remember, if we bring him up, does he play against lefties or sit? If he plays left field everyday against lefties, I bet we actually are worse off then playing Gomes in Fenway against lefties. JBJ loses value in the corner and loses value playing against lefties. And he loses value compared to a righty power hitter playing in Fenway. And he or Victorino loses value playing defense in front of the monster. He is not going to be that much more valuable then what we already have.

I bring JBJ after the first few weeks when Sweeney and Nava fail. If that means JBJ becomes a super 2, thats all right. Truthfully, pitchers and power hitters are the guys that clean up in the super 2 process.

As for when after April would I bring JBJ up? When he is needed. When Sweeney or Nava have shown they are not getting it done. If Sweeney has an .800 OPS with a .350 OB or Nava has a .850 OPS with a .370 OB, JBJ can twiddle his thumbs in AAA for all I care. Something to be said for bringing up a breath of fresh air and spark after the season has already started too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

But, parcing through your sarcasm, one statement actually rings true:...

Pretty funny that the only time softy makes a little bit of sense is when he is being sarcastic.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to wonder if the Sox would have signed both Gomes and Victorino if they knew Bradley was going to play like he has.   I doubt it.  It will be difficult to trade either of them at this point.  I think the best outfield we can use now would be Ellsbury , Bradley and Victorino . Configure them any way you want, it would be strong defensively.  Gomes could be a back up and sometime D.H.  I don't think this will happen , but it looks like the best solution to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Pretty funny that the only time softy makes a little bit of sense is when he is being sarcastic.

This has been the case all day on this Soft-casm junket.  He has made more solid, unimpeachable observations today than ever before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

This has been the case all day on this Soft-casm junket.  He has made more solid, unimpeachable observations today than ever before.

and wasnt serious about one...But this has been a very entertaining thread.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Gomes

Shane

Ellsbury

Nava

Carp

Sweeney

Thats kind of the point. Bradley's name on that list is just as underwhelming as any of the others.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

That's "kind of" the great point. Gomes, Shane, Nava, Carp and Sweeney, Bradley is just as underwhelming as the others. Which is why if Bradley were to be traded, he'd be just as underwhelming as Nava, Carp, Sweeney and Gomes and Shane.

I was just pulling your leg.  Bradley is going to be way better than those other guys.

What's wrong with you man? It's almost like you think that I have meant a single thing I have said on this entire thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

Space, what a great point you make. You need to see 2 more weeks of Bradley in spring training before you are willing to ignore his terrible minor league big sample vs. tiny spring training sample to date.

Two more weeks will certainly make me question whether he really is ready to go.  didn't say anything about two more weeks making me ignore his minor league career to date.

Also, you make another great point. Gomes and Shane are owed 36 million dollars over the next two years. That will give Bradley Jr. time to mature and take the place of those two place holders. He's not read, yet, and another few months in the minors will deterine whether he's really truly ready or not.

That is absolutely correct.  It will.

They kept Ellsbury, signed Gomes and Shane for 49 million dollars in accounts payable, and made the critical planning move of making sure Bradley has another few months, minimum, before he comes up to the major leagues this year and either plays full time due to an injury or trade, or plays part-time late in the season.

Before ST, there wasn't even any faint notion of Bradley being ready for the majors, and only a slight notion that he would start at Pawtucket.  Soooo, I'm thinking the signing of those guys had absolutely nothing to do with place holding for Bradley during the 2013 campaign.  Prevailing notion, even among us fans, was Bradley would get his cup o coffee at some point but he would replace ellsbury 2014 earliest.  The fact that he suddenly seems  far ahead of schedule and has such a spike in his development did not play into management planning, no.  

Red Sox management is so smart.