Bradley Jr. vs. Podsednik or Byrd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Bradley Jr. vs. Podsednik or Byrd

As it stands right now, as far as helping Bosox win this year .....who would you prefer ?

1) Jackie Bradley Jr.

2) Scot Podsednik

3) Marlon Byrd

Is it too late to talk one year extension with injury-prone Ellsbury ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Bradley Jr. vs. Podsednik or Byrd

Darn, it didn't work.Tried to light a fire.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Darn, it didn't work.Tried to light a fire.

Perhaps the next time you try, you might want to drop and Upton bomb?

In the big picture winning this season is not nessisarily as important as continuing to develop our top guys in the system and every day they spend at the big league level gives both the team and the player a chance to see how they handle the experience. I think Bradley's gaining some very valuable experience and even if he doesn't light the world on fire. The kid does have the tools to be an above average ball player. His time is coming and likely will be next spring when he's given the keys to the car and if he can't drive it then they find the next guy in line...which could well be Ells....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

As it stands right now, as far as helping Bosox win this year .....who would you prefer ?

1) Jackie Bradley Jr.

2) Scot Podsednik

3) Marlon Byrd

What are you talking about? Why even bring up Marlon Byrd? He was suspended for PED use and is probably taking them again. Useless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

1) Jackie Bradley Jr.

2) Scot Podsednik

3) Marlon Byrd

While the Byrd thing is a bit off base....I would love to have Pods back....Bradley is simply lost out there.  He looked WAY overmatched yesterday trying to get a bunt down.  I'm really looking forward to getting Ells and Vic back....Vic is the best handler of the bat we have right now and Ells has been heating up.  Bradley should stay the rest of the year at AAA or be a late season callup....that's it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

1) Jackie Bradley Jr.

2) Scot Podsednik

3) Marlon Byrd

While the Byrd thing is a bit off base....I would love to have Pods back....Bradley is simply lost out there.  He looked WAY overmatched yesterday trying to get a bunt down.  I'm really looking forward to getting Ells and Vic back....Vic is the best handler of the bat we have right now and Ells has been heating up.  Bradley should stay the rest of the year at AAA or be a late season callup....that's it.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, JBJ needs more work on his game. When the manager calles off a bunt after one awful attempt, usually its to get a FB thrown. JBJ should have known that and he didnt. He let a nice pitch he couldve turned on go by, then they got him on that high FB inside which is his biggest weakness at the plate still. Its Ok though, he just needs some more time.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1) Jackie Bradley Jr.

2) Scot Podsednik

3) Marlon Byrd

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, JBJ needs more work on his game. When the manager calles off a bunt after one awful attempt, usually its to get a FB thrown. JBJ should have known that and he didnt. He let a nice pitch he couldve turned on go by, then they got him on that high FB inside which is his biggest weakness at the plate still. Its Ok though, he just needs some more time.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  That pitch he let by after the failed bunt attempt was a PERFECT pitch to pull and advance the runners.  I have now doubt that he will be and above average player, but from what we are seeing from him he simply needs more 'seasoning'.  It's certainly not a bad thing.....it's just not his time yet RIGHT NOW. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bill and softy r u going to take this abusive treatment of you man???

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

FWIW Dustin Pedroia also hit about a buck sixty in his first 50 or 60 MLB PAs.

Mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I really don't get the point of this.  Bradley has struggled somewhat , but he has a world of potential. You will see it show very soon. . Pods and Byrd are just veteran ham and eggers. There is no comparison here.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I really don't get the point of this.  Bradley has struggled somewhat , but he has a world of potential. You will see it show very soon. . Pods and Byrd are just veteran ham and eggers. There is no comparison here.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

How many times have we seen someone post a derogatory slam on a player, and almost immediately that player responds in the game with a key hit ?

It was last night, and JBJ was coming up shortly in the bottom of the ninth, Sox down a run. Tried to provoke a happening, as I'll gladly look stupid in exchange for a win.You can check the time of the original post, thought most got that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Okay. I get it.  I didn't read the post at that time. 

How many times have we seen someone post a derogatory slam on a player, and almost immediately that player responds in the game with a key hit ?

It was last night, and JBJ was coming up shortly in the bottom of the ninth, Sox down a run. Tried to provoke a happening, as I'll gladly look stupid in exchange for a win.You can check the time of the original post, thought most got that.

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts