Bradley needs re-focusing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Bradley needs re-focusing

I think the kid has a lot of potential but it's obvious he needs more seasoning after losing track of a 3rd strike and not throwing to 2B in the ninth.  It was a nice try on the catch but hes even uncomfortable at the plate.

Jackie will have his day, hes just not ready.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Bradley needs re-focusing

I think the Rays man on second hesitated on the fly Bradley almost caught, so I'm guessing he did have a play at the plate or thought he did. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I think the kid has a lot of potential but it's obvious he needs more seasoning after losing track of a 3rd strike and not throwing to 2B in the ninth.  It was a nice try on the catch but hes even uncomfortable at the plate.

He is not ready and that is obvious....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Enough said----I think he wants to continue his career ASAP and he knows it may need going to the SeaDogs then on to the PawSox. Selfishly I hope that's the logic BenC will use. The Dogs need Bradley as much as he needs the Dogs. I want to see him as a confident pro leading the Portland group then playing with some of the better prospects.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

He is not ready and that is obvious....

I think Jackie will learn from this experience

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy was saying it's all about OBP, not BA for JBJ a few days ago, and today he was bashing Gomes.

Gomes OBP .360

JBJ      OBP .263

Drew  OBP .263

Just thought I'd point this out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Jackie is not ready either is Drew !!! What a waste 9 mil.... I could  not hit  and for a lot less money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

softy was saying it's all about OBP, not BA for JBJ a few days ago, and today he was bashing Gomes.

Gomes OBP .360

JBJ      OBP .263

Drew  OBP .263

OBP is huge moon, but so is getting timely hits when you don't have a lot of guys who can get on base more consistently.  So far, along with great pitching this is what our team has done.  In the last few years we lacked pitching, timely hitting and solid OBP's.  I can't wait to get Papi back in the lineup because we will need those type of players more often than not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Drew got 18 ST AB's, he will hit the ball. He had a nice hit today as well as a great run saving play at SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Drew is at least capable of being a good MLB hitter, even if he doesn't recover to his pre condition production and gives us what he was last year he is capable of .250 (for what it's worth I'd take Iglesias in a heart beat if Drew is batting .250)

Now I think Bradely WILL be a better player, but as of right now he's still developing.  Drew is developed just didn't have enough game action to ramp up.  

Theres a difference...IMO. 

I hope we learn not get all worked up over spring training over this......we Know Softy won't

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Gomes OBP .360

JBJ      OBP .263

Drew  OBP .263

OBP is huge moon, but so is getting timely hits when you don't have a lot of guys who can get on base very consistently.  So far, along with great pitching this is what are team has done.  In the last few years we havn't had pitching, timely hitting or high OBP's.  I can't wait to get Papi back in the lineup because we will need those type of players more often than not.

I agree, but timely hitting is very hard to sustain for even a full season. Secondly, Papi has almost dropped off the map in "timely hitting" since Manny left.

His 2007 playoffs were legendary.

OPS in Late & Close PAs:

2008: .674 (18 go ahead hits)

2009: .709 (17 go ahead hits)

2010: .643 (29 go ahead hits)

2011: .895 (15 go ahead hits)

2012: .682 (10 go ahead hits)

Can anyone name the last time Papi hit a walk off hit or walk off HR?

I certainly want Papi back soon, but I'm not sure we can count on him to improve our "timely hitting". It's very hard to remain a clutch hitter for long periods of time... as a player or a team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

jbj needs more seasoning, no doubt and will be sent down when ortiz comes back. the problem is that we are then left with gomes and nava in left which is down right pitiful. LF should be a top offensive position ie manny, bay etc. this team is lacking big time on offense and ortiz aint gunna solve that. the marlins are 2-10 and clearly have no home whatsoever, having stanton at this point is not going to do them much good as they wont be competing for the forseable future. trading him for a package of prospects that they can build around makes more sense for a team with so many holes. we have have many prospect we could offer them, i would say a package around jbj and barnes/de la rosa, plus say devin marrero and brentz/lavarnway has to interest them. boegarts and webster are the 2 untouchables in my mind. but if it comes down to it i would give up webster, but not boegarts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Gomes OBP .360

JBJ      OBP .263

Drew  OBP .263

OBP is huge moon, but so is getting timely hits when you don't have a lot of guys who can get on base very consistently.  So far, along with great pitching this is what are team has done.  In the last few years we havn't had pitching, timely hitting or high OBP's.  I can't wait to get Papi back in the lineup because we will need those type of players more often than not.

I agree, but timely hitting is very hard to sustain for even a full season. Secondly, Papi has almost dropped off the map in "timely hitting" since Manny left.

His 2007 playoffs were legendary.

OPS in Late & Close PAs:

2008: .674 (18 go ahead hits)

2009: .709 (17 go ahead hits)

2010: .643 (29 go ahead hits)

2011: .895 (15 go ahead hits)

2012: .682 (10 go ahead hits)

Can anyone name the last time Papi hit a walk off hit or walk off HR?

I certainly want Papi back soon, but I'm not sure we can count on him to improve our "timely hitting". It's very hard to remain a clutch hitter for long periods of time... as a player or a team. 

I said this before and truly believe in it moon, if you look back at 04 and 07 we had a team OBP of around .370.  The Yanks last WC was very similar, the only thing that will help erase a bad team OBP is consistent pitching "like Tampa" the past few years, good defense, chemistry and timely hitting. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

As much as I liked giving JBJ a shot, and there should be no regrets. Sox did the right thing. When Papi gets back, send JBJ back down. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

totally schooled by mcgee, who had a 1.9ish era last season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Gomes OBP .360

JBJ      OBP .263

Drew  OBP .263

He will not be able to maintain a decent OBP unless he starts to hit. Pitchers will not walk him if they can easily get him out. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Gomes OBP .360

JBJ      OBP .263

Drew  OBP .263

Hi Moon, 

When isn't the Soft One bashing someone. It's an hourly occurance !! One thing I've noticed is that no matter how much I bash him or ask him for reasonable commentary, I don't think he's ever answered me directly, at least that I recall, not that I really care. 

Hetch

Hetch

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Would like to see him get another month, the same time period that Pedroia had in his early days ..... That being said, it will only happen if PAPI is delayed with his rehab !!!

I believe Pedroia had a lot more minor league at bats to bulid from.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

Would like to see him get another month, the same time period that Pedroia had in his early days ..... That being said, it will only happen if PAPI is delayed with his rehab !!!

I believe Pedroia had a lot more minor league at bats to bulid from.

not only did pedroia have a lot more minor league ABs he also had a lot more sucess in the MiLB too..

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Pedroia raked at every level in the minors.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Jackie is not ready either is Drew !!! What a waste 9 mil.... I could  not hit  and for a lot less money.

dom are you paying the $9 M---what are you complaining about. Drew is a good all around player. There aren't  many players that come off a rehab assignment and set the world on fire right away.

You saw what was going to happen to Iggy just before being assigned to the PawSox. Since his assignment, a small sampling, he's hitting .133 after his first AB this afternoon. He will most likely be a fine SS forever but it's going to take him a season to figure the hitting out. Give Drew another week or two and I'm sure you will be happy with both his bat and glove. Keep in mind he's facing MLB pitching that's had a few starts under their belts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Bill....go on vacation with Dad.  Face facts....the kid is not producing....he is simply NOT PLAYING GOOD BASEBALL.  Why keep him here if he is not producing.  The majors IS NOT the place to learn how to hit an inside pitch.  He needs to go back down...I say the sooner the better.  I'm a fan of his and am rooting for him like crazy but to sit here and say....give him another month because Pedroia did it...is simply dumb.  Pedroia was simply head and shoulders above Bradley at the minor league level and EARNED the time.  Bradley has been decent in his short stint in the minors and had a great Spring.  He needs more time.  Face it.....you're wrong....now go away.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts