Bradley v. Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bradley v. Ellsbury

I think that's the plan for 2014--Ellsbury leaves, Bradley moves up, Sox get a draft choice.

Could that happen this summer? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: Bradley v. Ellsbury

You know that once Ellsbury is dumped, he'll come back to haunt his old team. He'll return to the .300 hitter he was once. The only trade that should be made for him, however, is for a starting pitcher. Doubrant, Lackey and Dempsey will not cut the mustard this year, and that is the solid, but sad, hard evidence we are seeing. Better

I see Ellsbury as a non-issue almost. Bradley will, eventually, take over CF, and Nava will settle nicely in LF. Why Nava is not playing now, i can't imagine. Gomes is a true to lofe has-been;  a shadow of what he was for a couple of years in Tampa. Maybe they are showcasing him for a trade. Some show he's putting on! Better they hide him someplace, and bring him during trade discussions for Ellsbury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Let's hope so, becuase I'm certain the Red Sox can get an equal or better prospect than the draft compensation by virtue of the simple fact that the decent prospect acquired will have at least a year of good minor league experience behind him.

If Ells keeps playing like this he will not net us a prospect via trade that will be as good as a possible sandwich pick or 1st round pick in the draft.  They'll be better off keeping him and hoping he turns it around.  If he starts performing....then that's a different story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Unless Ellsbury starts hitting, not.only will he have very little trade value, he won't net a draft pick either.   Extending a Qualifying Offer would probably result in Jacoby accepting a one yeat value-rebuilding $14mill deal...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

You know that once Ellsbury is dumped, he'll come back to haunt his old team. He'll return to the .300 hitter he was once. The only trade that should be made for him, however, is for a starting pitcher. Doubrant, Lackey and Dempsey will not cut the mustard this year, and that is the solid, but sad, hard evidence we are seeing. Better

I see Ellsbury as a non-issue almost. Bradley will, eventually, take over CF, and Nava will settle nicely in LF. Why Nava is not playing now, i can't imagine. Gomes is a true to lofe has-been;  a shadow of what he was for a couple of years in Tampa. Maybe they are showcasing him for a trade. Some show he's putting on! Better they hide him someplace, and bring him during trade discussions for Ellsbury.

Will you actually look at their stats Lackey and Demps and not just go on one games results. Christ this beating up Lackey and Demps is sickening LOOK AT THE FREAKIN STATS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Will you actually look at their stats Lackey and Demps and not just go on one games results. Christ this beating up Lackey and Demps is sickening LOOK AT THE FREAKIN STATS

Is this a Boston thing?  You know, it's more about 'feelings' than facts?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I agree.if they do trade Ells this summer it should be for a strong starting pitcher.  I hope Lackey improves..I don't advocate getting rid of Doubrant. I'd rather see him in the bullpen.

I have always been a big fan of Ellsbury since seeing him play for the Spinners years ago...but I don't see him finishing the year in a Sox uniform.

To me..outfielders are a dime a dozen. The way Ells is hitting he is replaceable. I am not sure Bradley is ready yet..but it wouldn't hurt to give him another shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Is there any chance Sox going after Choo this offseason?  JBJ at CF, Shane at LF, and Choo at RF.  He's defense and OBP could help in Fenway.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Is there any chance Sox going after Choo this offseason?  JBJ at CF, Shane at LF, and Choo at RF.  He's defense and OBP could help in Fenway.  

I think he's still arb-eligable after this year.

Sections
Shortcuts