Bradley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bradley

I keep reading how great he is in the outfield, but I sure havent seen it yet. Just now there was a long pause before he went back on a deep shot and the he went in a slightly wrong direction.  This cost nothing because the ball was not catchable, but I was expecting to see those great instincts.  And, yes, he has a very good arm, but I haven't seen it make a difference.  And his hitting remains suspect.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrylfries. Show darrylfries's posts

Re: Bradley

Bradley needs more time that's obvious.

Lots of so called experts on here were saying we were just as strong with Bradley and didn't need Ells this year. I think he'll be a good player but Ells is much better in the field and at bat as we speak.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SpeedWorkout's comment:

Yea, JBJ is a bum and should be sent back to triple a now.  Drew just missed two plays so send him along as well. Lester just let a run in so send him too.

Relax and give the kid a chance. 

Yup.  To be honest, I don't see the brilliant fielding folks keep talking about, but I also think he'll be fine.  It's ridiculous just how quickly people give up on our players.  This isn't for Max, but we've had threads in here about getting rid of every single player on the team.  Probably the only player on the team that hasn't had a negative thread about him is Pedey.

Fans of other teams, without the best record in BB, must think that RS fans are the most vacuous in the world, if they come in here and read these posts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to torgorockson's comment:

I'm hoping the SOX can trade Pedey by next year. He really is a liability. But seriously, do you really believe the SOX can contend next year with Ells gone and JBJ in CF?

WAR=wins

Most WAR/$$$ is you best team.

And no player is indispensible.  Ells is a fine player, but he still carries a .779 OPS.  Just for discussion purposes, suppose JBJ has a .679 next year.  That means you lost 100 points for ~ 10-11% of your total teams PAs.  That would bring down total team OPS by ~ 10 points.  That would make our team OPS this year to 2nd highest instead of highest.

And the extra $16-17M would probably buy that back and then some.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

JackBU claims the only balls that get over his head are home runs..... so much for that. As always, JackBU is wrong.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bradley is a good young player. He will be fine.  Some of the exaggerated praise he has gotten has come from the anti Ellsbury faction. There is usually some kind of agenda at work. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Bradley needs more time that's obvious.

Lots of so called experts on here were saying we were just as strong with Bradley and didn't need Ells this year. I think he'll be a good player but Ells is much better in the field and at bat as we speak.

And we will be speaking a long time before that changes.

Hey Torgo, I thought the Red Sox were never going to go anywhere with this pitching staff.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Yea, JBJ is a bum and should be sent back to triple a now.  Drew just missed two plays so send him along as well. Lester just let a run in so send him too.

Yup.  To be honest, I don't see the brilliant fielding folks keep talking about, but I also think he'll be fine.  It's ridiculous just how quickly people give up on our players.  This isn't for Max, but we've had threads in here about getting rid of every single player on the team.  Probably the only player on the team that hasn't had a negative thread about him is Pedey.

Fans of other teams, without the best record in BB, must think that RS fans are the most vacuous in the world, if they come in here and read these posts.

You are right.  We need to be patient.  Bradley will probably be fine. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I'm hoping the SOX can trade Pedey by next year. He really is a liability. But seriously, do you really believe the SOX can contend next year with Ells gone and JBJ in CF?

WAR=wins

Most WAR/$$$ is you best team.

And no player is indispensible.  Ells is a fine player, but he still carries a .779 OPS.  Just for discussion purposes, suppose JBJ has a .679 next year.  That means you lost 100 points for ~ 10-11% of your total teams PAs.  That would bring down total team OPS by ~ 10 points.  That would make our team OPS this year to 2nd highest instead of highest.

And the extra $16-17M would probably buy that back and then some.

Perhaps Hunter Pence.  Whatever the case, it's likely that it would never get so far as to have a  center fielder with a .679 OPS because they should have plenty of JBJ insurance with Victorino and at least another corner outfielder to more than compsensate for the loss of Ellsbury's production.  However, they'll still never be able to replace his speed.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

A little sensitive JB? He didnt say he was a bum or anything really bad. Just stating some facts. JBJ had a couple very bad reads on balls today. Also when he came up earlier this season he made a couple bad plays in LF as well.

Im not saying hes not going to be an excellent defender, but just like most young players, he still has some development left. He'll be fine though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Saw both at different times at Double AA, Ellsbury blows JBJ away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

I was going to say the same thing.  I saw them both a ton in Portland, Ells looked like a man among boys, JBJ struggled a lot, in the field as well.

I think Bradleys ceiling is Coco Crisp without the base stealing ability.

More likely I see a David Murphy type.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I was going to say the same thing.  I saw them both a ton in Portland, Ells looked like a man among boys, JBJ struggled a lot, in the field as well.

And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

By no means would that be the worst thing in the world.  Through about 9 seasons, Crisp has a 28.5 WAR.  A little above 3 per season.  That's just one more of those RS things.  If guys just project out to be pretty good, at minimum wage, they get no respect.  And that is generally where you build all the value.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I agree. I just don't think he is going to be the star that many seem to think he will be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

If you're talking about the Reynolds 2-bagger, I don't think Willie Mays could have caught that ball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

By no means would that be the worst thing in the world.  Through about 9 seasons, Crisp has a 28.5 WAR.  A little above 3 per season.  That's just one more of those RS things.  If guys just project out to be pretty good, at minimum wage, they get no respect.  And that is generally where you build all the value.

I did not mean comparing Bradley to Crisp as an insult. I think a lot of people here might take it as one because of an overinflated view of Bradley.

To me Bradley is plus Defense, 270 Ba, 12 homers, 10 steals, 770 OPS type.

Crisp and Murphy were just the first two guys that came to mind.

Sections
Shortcuts